Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 733

Thread: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

  1. #341
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,074

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your parrot squawking that I don't understand stuff is getting old. What bothers y ou is I do understand what makes your type tick and behind all that altruistic facade is a seething pool of greed.
    How can I be guilty of greed when I do not want one penny of yours for myself? As far as understanding me, I have not seen any evidence that you even understand yourself or your own selfish motivations as of yet. Clean your own house before going down the street elsewhere. There is no excuse for slurs such as RETARDS here. For you to feel you can use that and not be called out for it is a sign just how far removed you are from decent society.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #342
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Protectionist View Post
    Calling the truth "fringist" doesn't make it be that. In fact, it shows that you are who is out on the fringe, away from the majority of American people (check the polls) who disagree with your "fringist" (thanks for the word) views.
    Oh? What are my views?


    As for calling myself an Independent, well that's what it says on my voter ID card
    So what? It's a self-selection, exactly like your lean here.


    (what does yours say ?)
    "Other."

    But it's irrelevant anyway; I don't make any claims that my views are more enlightened and reasonable simply because I've called myself this or that.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dunedin, Florida
    Last Seen
    12-24-10 @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    209

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Oh? What are my views?




    So what? It's a self-selection, exactly like your lean here.




    "Other."

    But it's irrelevant anyway; I don't make any claims that my views are more enlightened and reasonable simply because I've called myself this or that.
    This is your view > "..calling yourself an "independent" so as to claim some kind of objectivity is pretty lame when you post fringist drivel."

    And I don't claim "fringist " anything. My view on tax cuts for the rich (opposition to them) is in harmony with the majority of the American people - that's not "fringist".

    So what ? So you were trying to say that I just call myself an Independent, and am not really that. FALSE accusation proven by the voter choice of Independent, which disqualifies one from voting in the primaries. That sacrifice is what defines one as an Independent, not just what you call yourself. Get it ?

    As for the statement "I don't make any claims that my views are more enlightened and reasonable simply because I've called myself this or that", OK, so that's what you don't do.
    And I don't either. But I do claim that my views are more reasonable than those of Democrats and Republicans, who take positions to go along with their party platforms (whether they agree with them or not), and my views therefore are just that > More reasonable, for that very reason (not because of what I call myself - it's because of what I am) something you obviously have missed the point entirely on (as evidenced by this last statement of yours). Get it ?
    Last edited by Protectionist; 12-18-10 at 05:29 PM.

  4. #344
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Protectionist View Post
    This is your view > "..calling yourself an "independent" so as to claim some kind of objectivity is pretty lame when you post fringist drivel."

    And I don't claim "fringist " anything. My view on tax cuts for the rich (opposition to them) is in harmony with the majority of the American people - that's not "fringist".
    Uh, yeah. As if that's the only thing you posted about.

    So what ? So you were trying to say that I just call myself an Independent, and am not really that. FALSE accusation proven by the voter choice of Independent, which disqualifies one from voting in the primaries.
    Now, that's hilarious. "I'm an independent, and I prove it because I SAY I am. Case closed."

    I haven't said or implied a word about party affiliation at any point along the way, so you shadowbox with a strawman.

    As for the statement "I don't make any claims that my views are more enlightened and reasonable simply because I've called myself this or that", OK, so that's what you don't do.
    And I don't either. But I do claim that my views are more reasonable than those of Democrats and Republicans, who take positions to go along with their party platforms (whether they agree with them or not), and my views therefore are just that > More reasonable, for that very reason (not because of what I call myself - it's because of what I am) something you obviously have missed the point entirely on (as evidenced by this last statement of yours). Get it ?
    Wow. I'll let the self-ownage speak for itself.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #345
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    How can I be guilty of greed when I do not want one penny of yours for myself? As far as understanding me, I have not seen any evidence that you even understand yourself or your own selfish motivations as of yet. Clean your own house before going down the street elsewhere. There is no excuse for slurs such as RETARDS here. For you to feel you can use that and not be called out for it is a sign just how far removed you are from decent society.
    you want others to be taxed so your party wins elections. That is greed. And you have no clue what decent society is.



  6. #346
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,498
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Sounds to me like you turned into a cynical, selfish and angry old man trying to isolate themselves from society
    Funny... between you and Arcana I span the decades of being a young'n, and an old man.

    I am someone who has seen government fail people miserably, and in the process hurt everyone as they thieve the wealth of those best able to assist... by creating jobs... and dare I say more wealth. You also assume the wealthy are a static group. Not true. It's a group in flux... BUT when the government gets greedy and aggressive... it makes upward mobility even more difficult, not less.

    and using government as the excuse for your personal animosity towards others.
    I have animosity towards a government that lies to its people about its intent, abuses the system they swore to uphold, and creates a class of people wholly ignorant about what makes for the greatest good for the greatest number. Remember, I was once an idiot too... but I sought truth, and when confronted with the choice of accepting the truth or clinging to a pathetic, destructive ideology... I can say I chose wisely.

    If you prefer "growing up" that is up to you. It is sad that you lost your idealism. Perhaps you will someday see the light.
    I didn't lose my idealism, and if you knew who I was, what I do, and how I go about my business, you would have to concede I am an idealist. A perfectionist. Someone who is willing to forgo larger profits to deliver exceptional quality... every damn time. For the millions people entrust in me... it is the best business model, and later on... I expect will generate greater profits. If not, I can sleep well knowing I had given my clients the best possible service, and protected their interests to the utmost of my abilities. But when it comes to politics, I will not let emotion replace rational thought. Doing so only hurts people. It is not compassion or compassionate, it is destructive.

    you do not have even the basic concept of taxation, its legal foundations, its intent, its purposes and its value to a society like ours.
    Dare I say you are wholly ignorant about taxation, and the founding of this nation. Just a simple question. If you tax something, the result is what exactly? Encouraging or trying to curtail a behavior? And in this world, where money can move, businesses can move, people can move, and people are skilled to do the job for less, and their government isn't as greedy somewhere else... what do you think will happen when taxes are punitive?

    Here is what happens when you try to sock it to the wealthy:
    Online NewsHour: Effects of repeal of the federal luxury tax on boats -- January 1, 1996

    KWAME HOLMAN: Joe Dockery is, in a word, rich, on this particular day, rich enough to take delivery on this 72-foot sailing yacht, custom-designed and built by Alden Yachts of Portsmouth, Rhode Island. Cost: $2 1/2 million.

    KWAME HOLMAN: These are the carpenters, fiberglass, and metal workers, electricians who actually did the work...They are not rich, but their glad Joe Dockery is. His one order alone kept 20 workers employed full-time...

    KWAME HOLMAN: Joe Dockery... wouldn't even consider having his new boat built ...until Congress repealed the federal luxury tax on boats. That tax would have cost him about $240,000, a bill he could afford but refused to pay.

    JOE DOCKERY: You're being chosen as a special person to pay extra, and I didn't see the logic behind it. I found it insulting. I was very close to building a boat in Finland, I mean, very close.

    KWAME HOLMAN: According to David MacFarlane, president of Alden Yachts, ...thinks back to November 1990, when President Bush and the Democratic majority in Congress agreed to levy the luxury tax. He says he still can't believe they did it.

    DAVE MacFARLANE, Alden Yachts: I don't know anybody in the Marine industry that didn't know that there was a total disaster to start, and it's still amazing to think how somebody could come up with an idea that would shut off a business, and everybody that was in the business knew this would happen, and yet it floated right through.

    KWAME HOLMAN: The theory behind the luxury tax sounded simple enough. Congress believed anyone willing to spend $100,000 or more on a new boat surely would be willing to pay an additional 10 percent to the federal government. (WRONG) But that didn't happen. Rather than pay the tax, many people in the market to buy a boat either didn't buy one, or bought one overseas. As a result, the luxury tax didn't bring in much money at all, and the customers' reluctance to buy put the boat-building business, particularly here in Rhode Island, out of business. We first visited Rhode Island in June of 1992. The luxury tax had been in effect for 18 months. Tens of thousands of jobs had been lost across the country, thousands in Rhode Island alone.
    ...
    So what happened? The little guys depending on the greedy rich guys to buy a boat or some other luxury item... got screwed. You want full employment, you want a vigorous economy, you want higher tax revenues coming into the Feds... then cut taxes, and get off the sad and sick Class Warfare Horsey.

    JFK, like Reagan... espoused this economic belief... because it works every time it is tried. A job is the best social program anyone could have.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 12-18-10 at 07:26 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  7. #347
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dunedin, Florida
    Last Seen
    12-24-10 @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    209

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Funny... between you and Arcana I span the decades of being a young'n, and an old man.

    I am someone who has seen government fail people miserably, and in the process hurt everyone as they thieve the wealth of those best able to assist... by creating jobs... and dare I say more wealth. You also assume the wealthy are a static group. Not true. It's a group in flux... BUT when the government gets greedy and aggressive... it makes upward mobility even more difficult, not less.

    I have animosity towards a government that lies to its people about its intent, abuses the system they swore to uphold, and creates a class of people wholly ignorant about what makes for the greatest good for the greatest number. Remember, I was once an idiot too... but I sought truth, and when confronted with the choice of accepting the truth or clinging to a pathetic, destructive ideology... I can say I chose wisely.

    I didn't lose my idealism, and if you knew who I was, what I do, and how I go about my business, you would have to concede I am an idealist. A perfectionist. Someone who is willing to forgo larger profits to deliver exceptional quality... every damn time. For the millions people entrust in me... it is the best business model, and later on... I expect will generate greater profits. If not, I can sleep well knowing I had given my clients the best possible service, and protected their interests to the utmost of my abilities. But when it comes to politics, I will not let emotion replace rational thought. Doing so only hurts people. It is not compassion or compassionate, it is destructive.

    Dare I say you are wholly ignorant about taxation, and the founding of this nation. Just a simple question. If you tax something, the result is what exactly? Encouraging or trying to curtail a behavior? And in this world, where money can move, businesses can move, people can move, and people are skilled to do the job for less, and their government isn't as greedy somewhere else... what do you think will happen when taxes are punitive?

    Here is what happens when you try to sock it to the wealthy:


    So what happened? The little guys depending on the greedy rich guys to buy a boat or some other luxury item... got screwed. You want full employment, you want a vigorous economy, you want higher tax revenues coming into the Feds... then cut taxes, and get off the sad and sick Class Warfare Horsey.

    JFK, like Reagan... espoused this economic belief... because it works every time it is tried. A job is the best social program anyone could have.

    .
    So it never occured to you that "trickle down" is a laughingstock. Bush tried it by lowering taxes in 2003. Since then, the US economy has been struggling (partly also because of Bush's terrible immigration policies, now being continued, if not worsened, by Obama).

    Simple fact is, when you put money in poor people's hands (the Have-Nots), they go to the stores (AKA the economy) and buy all the things that they "Have-Not", stimulating the economy. That's what happens when taxes are (as you call it), "punitive".

    You put money into rich people's hands (the Haves), and they don't go to the stores to buy all the things they already "Have". In addition, when rich people do spend their money, they spend a much higher % of it OUTSIDE the country, where it does no good to the country's economy, and in fact, worsens it by removing cash from it. Great for Europe and the Caribbean, huh ?
    Last edited by Protectionist; 12-18-10 at 07:50 PM.

  8. #348
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dunedin, Florida
    Last Seen
    12-24-10 @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    209

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Uh, yeah. As if that's the only thing you posted about.



    Now, that's hilarious. "I'm an independent, and I prove it because I SAY I am. Case closed."

    I haven't said or implied a word about party affiliation at any point along the way, so you shadowbox with a strawman.



    Wow. I'll let the self-ownage speak for itself.
    Absolutely, it speaks for itself, but not for "self-ownage" (whatever that's supposed to be). Creating a new language as you go along, are you ?

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dunedin, Florida
    Last Seen
    12-24-10 @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    209

    rolleyes Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Uh, yeah. As if that's the only thing you posted about.



    Now, that's hilarious. "I'm an independent, and I prove it because I SAY I am. Case closed."

    I haven't said or implied a word about party affiliation at any point along the way, so you shadowbox with a strawman.



    Wow. I'll let the self-ownage speak for itself.
    Absolutely, it speaks for itself, but not for "self-ownage" (whatever that's supposed to be). Creating a new language as you go along, are you ?

    As for "party affiliation", yes you did. you've been talking about me being an Independent all along. What do you think that word means ? My voter ID card reads "NPA" - that stands for No Party Affiliation AKA Independent (as if you didn't know). And you don't prove it because of what you say. You prove it by how you register to vote. Man, don't you ever get anything right ???????
    Any more tutoring here, and I'm going to have to start charging you ($5/word). Bwa ha ha ha (Burt Reynolds laugh)

  10. #350
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,074

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you want others to be taxed so your party wins elections. That is greed. And you have no clue what decent society is.
    What load of crap. It reminds me of when the manure truck spilled out on Biffs car in BACK TO THE FUTURE.

    People who use words like RETARDS have no business criticizing others. No business at all. You have disgraced yourself beyond redemption.

    I want others to simply pay their share of taxes to have a decent America for all Americans. And you call that greed? Its a strange world you inhabit there in the Turtle McMansion.

    Zimmer - that little skit from a bad situation comedy was not even funny.

    Or relevant.
    Last edited by haymarket; 12-18-10 at 11:05 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •