Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 733

Thread: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

  1. #321
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,982

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Amazing how haymarket defines "greed" as "not wanting to pay others' bills."
    Less amazing that you would define the civic obligation paying of ones taxes as paying of others bills. Funny thing is I can never remember getting any sort of bill from the government for any services that I have used. Reason: it does not work that way. The American society is not a Costco where you fill your cart with what you want and then pay the bill. So to equate it the way you and Turtle do is simply wrong and intellectually dishonest.

    And as to the leaving issue: perhaps some of us simply believe more in freedom that others do. I would hate to think that anyone resides here in misery and anger when they could be exercising their free market options and finding something more to their liking elsewhere. Leaving one nation in the hopes of finding a better one is part of the very fabric that is America. We would not be here if it were not for that factor.

    from Utah Bill on that very subject

    Nobody has attached an anchor to your ass.
    I raise my glass to you sir. Well said.
    Last edited by haymarket; 12-18-10 at 12:58 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #322
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,597

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Less amazing that you would define the civic obligation paying of ones taxes as paying of others bills. Funny thing is I can never remember getting any sort of bill from the government for any services that I have used. Reason: it does not work that way. The American society is not a Costco where you fill your cart with what you want and then pay the bill. So to equate it the way you and Turtle do is simply wrong and intellectually dishonest.
    As usual, we have someone who can't handle the idea that saying one favors less taxes is not the same as saying one should not pay any taxes.

    And for someone who keeps saying he's done with me because I'm "dishonest," this harangue has multiple levels of irony.

    And as to the leaving issue: perhaps some of us simply believe more in freedom that others do. I would hate to think that anyone resides here in misery and anger when they could be exercising their free market options and finding something more to their liking elsewhere. Leaving one nation in the hopes of finding a better one is part of the very fabric that is America. We would not be here if it were not for that factor.
    This is too childish to bear any response other than this:
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #323
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Amazing how haymarket defines "greed" as "not wanting to pay others' bills."
    He has the mindset that if you do well you have to reward others for your good luck because they exist. Its like the valedictorian being told he has to give half of his A grades to the slackers merely because they are in his class or spend half his time set aside for studying to tutor the retards



  4. #324
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dunedin, Florida
    Last Seen
    12-24-10 @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    209

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I call them like I see em. there are liberals on this board who are honest and who I thank when they make good posts. then there are the energizer socialist looter bunnies whose main goal is to spend hours trying to convince people why its great to support the government's efforts to take more and more wealth from others. I see such people as nothing more than thieves--the difference being thieves can be prosecuted or shot. however, the mindest is the same
    If I may intrude into this flame war for a minute, the trouble with your "analysis" (or rationalization scenario), is that you still don't get it that it is the rich business owners who are the thieves, who are stealing the wealth created by the workers (who thereby are entitled to it, or at least a much larger share than what they're getting). Being very moral minded myself, and getting into the upper age brackets (I'm 65), I'm compelled to start thinking about my death and possible afterlife condition. If that has anything to do with how I've behaved morally, throughout my life, (and most people throughout the world think it does), I think I'm in good shape. I've worked hard for 48 years, paid my taxes, served in the US military. and feed stray cats outside my house (for examples). When I was an employer, I shared my wealth with the people who helped make it, and paid my workers the equivalent of @ $150/hour (in sales commissions) which was 38 times the minimum wage back then (the 80s).
    On the other hand, if I were a rich person consumed with greed and pressing for tax cuts to the rich, and willing to "steal" $ 890 Billion from the American people, at a time when the US infrastructure is crumbling, the Mexican border is crying for more $ecurity, baby boomers are entering the Social Security/Medicare group, etc. etc., I would be aging toward death very worried, about what may lie ahead. Those who have no soul, and don't think they do, are perhaps not worried. Could be the biggest mistake they ever made.
    Last edited by Protectionist; 12-18-10 at 01:52 PM.

  5. #325
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Protectionist View Post
    If I may intrude into this flame war for a minute, the trouble with your "analysis" (or rationalization scenario), is that you still don't det it that it is the rich business owners who are the thieves, who are stealing the wealth created by the workers (who thereby are entitled to it, or at least a much larger share than what they're getting). Being very moral minded myself, and getting into the upper age brackets (I'm 65), I'm compelled to start thinking about my death and possible afterlife condition. If that has anything to do wih how I've behaved morally, throughout my life, I think I'm in good shape. I've worked hard for 48 years, paid my taxes, served in the US military. and feed stray cats outside my house (for examples). When I was an employer, I shared my wealth with the people who helped make and paid my workers the equivalent of @ $150/hour (in sales commissions) which was 38 times the minimum wage back then (the 80s).
    On the other hand, if I were a rich person consumed with greed and pressing for tax cuts to the rich, and willing to "steal" $ 890 Billion from the American people, at a time when the US infrastructure is crumbling, the Mexican border is crying for more $ecurity, baby boomers are entering the Social Security/Medicare group, etc. etc., I would be aging toward death very worried, about what may lie ahead. Those who have no soul, and don't think they do are perhaps not worried. Could be the biggest mistake they ever made.
    this idiotic drivel that business owners are thieves consigns your posts to the nutcase fringe list. feeding stray cats results in more stray cats meaning more dead songbirds.



  6. #326
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dunedin, Florida
    Last Seen
    12-24-10 @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    209

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    He has the mindset that if you do well you have to reward others for your good luck because they exist. Its like the valedictorian being told he has to give half of his A grades to the slackers merely because they are in his class or spend half his time set aside for studying to tutor the retards
    So the coal miners who dig the coal, the truck drivers who drive the trucks, the machine operators who toil endless hours on the machines, the security guards who risk their lives (and sometimes lose them) are the "slackers" ? All while Jim-mansion fishes out on the Gulf of Mexico for Yellow Fin Tuna and Sailfish, on his 50 ft. cabin cruiser, checking in with the plant manager on his cell phone ?

    So if the coal miner, the security guard, the truck driver and the machine operator don't find themselves on that fishing boat talking on the cell phone, than they must be "slacking", huh ?
    Not hard to see who telling the truth here, and who's not. (View of the Independent.)

  7. #327
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,597

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    You know, calling yourself an "independent" so as to claim some kind of objectivity is pretty lame when you post fringist drivel.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #328
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Protectionist View Post
    So the coal miners who dig the coal, the truck drivers who drive the trucks, the machine operators who toil endless hours on the machines, the security guards who risk their lives (and sometimes lose them) are the "slackers" ? All while Jim-mansion fishes out on the Gulf of Mexico for Yellow Fin Tuna and Sailfish, on his 50 ft. cabin cruiser, checking in with the plant manager on his cell phone ?

    So if the coal miner, the security guard, the truck driver and the machine operator don't find themselves on that fishing boat talking on the cell phone, than they must be "slacking", huh ?
    Not hard to see who telling the truth here, and who's not. (View of the Independent.)
    more leftwing drivel. People accept jobs and the wages that come with them. and the people we are talking about are the ones who aren't working hard. You seem to have alot of envy.



  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dunedin, Florida
    Last Seen
    12-24-10 @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    209

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    this idiotic drivel that business owners are thieves consigns your posts to the nutcase fringe list. feeding stray cats results in more stray cats meaning more dead songbirds.
    It doesn't result in more stray cats, because in addition to the feeding of them I, et al, also participate in TNR. AS for the songbirds, I also have 5 bird feeders, and a birdbath in my backyard for them to get a cool drink on a hot day here in Florida.

    Interesting how your perspective on the stray cats talks about "more stray cats". So while you obviously were oblivious to the TNR, it appears your idea is to let them starve to death (and that would keep them from reproducing). Well, that seems to be consistent with your horrendous attitude toward people, and letting starve, be foreclosed, be unemployed, go without healthcare, and other such obscene greed ramifications.

    As for your perspective of the nutcase fringe, it shows you are further out in that direction than I previously thought. Rather than snicker devilishly, when hearing all those lies (about wealth distribution and taxes) from Hannity and Beck, I'm now having to think that you are actually believing them. Watch out you don't get committed.
    Last edited by Protectionist; 12-18-10 at 02:13 PM.

  10. #330
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Protectionist View Post
    It doesn't result in more stray cats, because in addition to the feeding of them I, et al, also participate in TNR. AS for the songbirds, I also have 5 bird feeders and a birdbath in my backyard for them to get a cool drink on a hot day here in Florida.

    Interesting how your perspective on the stray cats talks about "more stray cats". So while yo obvious were oblivious to the TNR, you it appears your idea is to let them starve to death (and that would keep them from reproducing). Well, that seems to be consistent with your horrendous attitude toward people, and letting starve, be foreclosed, be unemployed, go without healthcare, and other such obscene greed ramifications.

    As for your perspective of the nutcase fringe, it shows you are further out in that direction than I previously thought. Rather than snicker devilishly, when hearing all those lies (about wealth distribution and taxes) from Hannity and Beck, I'm now having to think that you are actually believing them. Watch out you don't get committed.
    you never mentioned TNR so how was I "oblivious to it". The rest of your post is envious drivel. Subsidizing dependency increases dependency. Tell me what happens if you stop feeding those strays and those birds?



Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •