Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 733

Thread: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Last Seen
    10-15-12 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    523

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    As the right goes further to the right they become blinded to what actually is left and what is center. Bill Clinton governed from the middle and Obama has angered many of more progressive supporters who are now offering criticism of his moderate positions.

    It is a sad commentary on how far to the right some people and organizations have gone that they confuse the center or slightly left of center with far left.
    Lol, if Obama is a far left Marxist then the rest of the world is 110% Communist. A comparison between even the conservative parties in the UK, Australia, etc make Obama look like a far right loon, relatively speaking.

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the current dem leadership-the leadership that got bitched slapped a month ago but is whining about Obama now (who is moving right to bolster his waning re-election chances for 2012) is the most leftwing we have ever seen. and the problem is, many on this board crave outright eurosocialism and they pretend that far left is communism or anarcho-syndicalism when in the context of America, welfare-socialism is far left for our society
    That explains perfectly why he's abandoned the views of the Democratic party on almost every issue, and why only 78% of the Democratic voters actually approve of him. His approval dropped an additional 2 points to 43% today.

    If he's trying to get reelected he's doing a damn fine job
    Last edited by SirPwn4lot; 12-12-10 at 01:04 PM.

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,765

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the current dem leadership-the leadership that got bitched slapped a month ago but is whining about Obama now (who is moving right to bolster his waning re-election chances for 2012) is the most leftwing we have ever seen. and the problem is, many on this board crave outright eurosocialism and they pretend that far left is communism or anarcho-syndicalism when in the context of America, welfare-socialism is far left for our society
    Thank you for making my point Turtle. I can always count on you to be a beacon of right wing intolerance and greed as the perfect illustration of the dangerous swing to the radical right.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #103
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Thank you for making my point Turtle. I can always count on you to be a beacon of right wing intolerance and greed as the perfect illustration of the dangerous swing to the radical right.
    you are the greedy one, it is not I who goes around demanding that the government take someone else's wealth for my political ends



  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Last Seen
    10-15-12 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    523

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are the greedy one, it is not I who goes around demanding that the government take someone else's wealth for my political ends
    I'm not the one advocating the virtual destruction of the middle class so that the top can get even more insane wealth than it's gained in the recession.

  5. #105
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by SirPwn4lot View Post
    I'm not the one advocating the virtual destruction of the middle class so that the top can get even more insane wealth than it's gained in the recession.
    1) I wasn't claiming you were (yet)

    2) neither am I-you seem to think the way to preserve the middle class is for the government to grow and take more and more from the top, I disagree.



  6. #106
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,657

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    radical right seems to be the current talking point of the dems these days. actually it is the dems who are far more leftwing than they were a few years ago.

    the gulf increases due to a party that wants lots of dependent pawns and has enacted 70+ years of policies that create such pawnage. Not because the "rich" aren't taxed enough.
    To hand-out liberals, 'radical right' means people who dare believe that government (and others) doesnt exist to serve them, that hard work SHOULD be rewarded, that taxes should be collected to operate the government and affairs of state and that they should be able to keep income they have EARNED.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I do not know what country you think you inhabit. In the America I live in ALL citizens have rights. And that obviously does not please you.
    the right to life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Last Seen
    10-15-12 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    523

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    To hand-out liberals, 'radical right' means people who dare believe that government (and others) doesnt exist to serve them, that hard work SHOULD be rewarded, that taxes should be collected to operate the government and affairs of state and that they should be able to keep income they have EARNED.
    Well.... not really.

    Even far-right conservatives want some taxation. I know very little who want 0% tax in any area. So really they don't think people "should be able to keep income they have earned".

    Turtledude is honest in this regard, and I like that.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3n View Post
    Yes that makes logical sense. If someone has a few grand in the bank and his insurance doesn't cover his surgery what is he supposed to do? Take out LOANS for life saving surgery?
    This can be a problem. We do need healthcare reform that would take care of catastrophic cases.
    However, I think that kind of insurance was dismissed an unacceptable in the healthcare bill. They wanted it all, from preventive, on up.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  10. #110
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: CBS News Poll: Most Oppose GOP Tax Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    To hand-out liberals, 'radical right' means people who dare believe that government (and others) doesnt exist to serve them, that hard work SHOULD be rewarded, that taxes should be collected to operate the government and affairs of state and that they should be able to keep income they have EARNED.
    I think maybe liberals mistakenly think there is only so much wealth to go around so it must be taken from the rich so the poor won't be poor. They want to take pieces of someone else's pie instead of baking their own whole pie, when all the ingredients are there. (Thanks John Stossel)
    He said something like that. :-)
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •