Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67

Thread: Poll: Tea Party GOP, Obama nearly tied for leader of choice

  1. #11
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Poll: Tea Party GOP, Obama nearly tied for leader of choice

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    What's Obama done that's unconstitutional?
    Where is healthcare related language in the Constitution?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #12
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Poll: Tea Party GOP, Obama nearly tied for leader of choice

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Where is healthcare related language in the Constitution?
    What's your point? There's nothing about nuclear weapons on the Constitution, should the government get rid of them? Unless you can show me the part forbidding healthcare in the Constitution, your argument is invalid.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  3. #13
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Poll: Tea Party GOP, Obama nearly tied for leader of choice

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    What's your point? There's nothing about nuclear weapons on the Constitution, should the government get rid of them? Unless you can show me the part forbidding healthcare in the Constitution, your argument is invalid.
    First of all you obviously do not understand the construction of the Constitution. It is not about what is not forbidden, but what is allowed. Furthermore the 10th Amendment makes this clear. Your statement regarding nukes is a red herring.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,010

    Re: Poll: Tea Party GOP, Obama nearly tied for leader of choice

    YouTube - George Carlin Oxymorons

    There is no Tea Party operating as a political party.

    But I sure wish there was.

    American - you sound like one of those 'tenthers' who seem to operate as if the Constitution had two halves - the tenth Amendment and then everything else. And both halves are equal in your mind - or maybe I am giving too much weight to the 'everything else' half for you?
    Last edited by haymarket; 11-29-10 at 12:11 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #15
    Student sokpupet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In your heart.
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    252

    Re: Poll: Tea Party GOP, Obama nearly tied for leader of choice

    We want this Administration to understand when the American people want change we want the Constitution to be left alone and intact.
    .. .. ..unless we see fit to do so. "Do as I say; not as I do".

    “I want to share with you four ideas that I think should carry us forward,” Pawlenty said on Friday at the annual gathering of the Conservative Political Action Committee, or CPAC. After invoking “basic constitutional principle and basic common sense,” he continued:

    “The first one is this: God’s in charge. God is in charge … In the Declaration of Independence it says we are endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights. It doesn’t say we’re endowed by Washington, DC, or endowed by the bureaucrats or endowed by state government. It’s by our creator that we are given these rights.”

    Never mind Pawlenty’s fundamental and no doubt deliberate misreading of the founders’ intent. (Thomas Jefferson, the primary author of the Declaration of Independence, is well-known for having cut up a Bible to remove all supernatural references to Jesus.) How, in practice, does Pawlenty envision “God’s in charge” as a governing principle?
    LINK

    Paaaaleeeezzzz!

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Poll: Tea Party GOP, Obama nearly tied for leader of choice

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    There is no Tea Party operating as a political party.
    Who is suggesting there is?

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,010

    Re: Poll: Tea Party GOP, Obama nearly tied for leader of choice

    The capitalization of both letters confers upon it the status of an ongoing formal organization in the same category as every single other political party operating

    Democratic Party
    Republican Party
    Communist Party
    Socialist Party
    Libertarian Party

    I can vote for all those parties on the ballot. Where do I vote for the Tea Party? In which state? What are they running for?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #18
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Poll: Tea Party GOP, Obama nearly tied for leader of choice

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The capitalization of both letters confers upon it the status of an ongoing formal organization in the same category as every single other political party operating
    Could you please provide me some kind of evidence of fact that states that if something is refered to as a "Party"...capital P...that it must be refering to a recognized national political party?

    Because it seems like you're just deeming something so to give yourself a reason to bitch about something that people aren't actually suggesting.

    All you're doing is beating on a strawman of your own creation, and a rather pathetically created one at that. People refer to it with a capital P because its a recognized and organized movement and thus a group, even if loosely organized, which causes people to tend to capitalize it.

    Again, I'll ask...do you have any proof of any individuals who are capitalizing it in an attempt to suggest that its an actual legitimate political party? Or are you just bitching about something that doesn't actually exist save for in your own mind.

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,010

    Re: Poll: Tea Party GOP, Obama nearly tied for leader of choice

    sorry - I do not buy your line of argument. A capitalization of a name before the word party confers upon it the status of a formal political organization that provides the normal functions of a formal political organization. This is true of

    Democratic Party
    Republican Party
    Communist Party
    Socialist Party
    Libertarian Party

    and many more.

    This should be very simple for you. Please tell me in which state the Tea Party was on the ballot.

    People refer to it with a capital P because its a recognized and organized movement and thus a group, even if loosely organized, which causes people to tend to capitalize it.
    It is a recognized movement within the Republican Party. It is NOT a political party and as such does NOT deserve the title others have given it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #20
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Poll: Tea Party GOP, Obama nearly tied for leader of choice

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    sorry - I do not buy your line of argument. A capitalization of a name before the word party confers upon it the status of a formal political organization that provides the normal functions of a formal political organization.
    Please provide some kind of factual documentation stating this as a fact and not simply your opinion

    Simply because political parties capitalize Party does not mean that anytime one capitalizes the word Party when speaking about a group that it must mean its a nationally recognized Political party.

    Your opinion is not fact. You need to grasp that.

    This should be very simple for you. Please tell me in which state the Tea Party was on the ballot.
    Why should I tell you something that I never argued, stated, or suggested.

    Seriously, you should actually focus on what's being said by people you're arguing with. I'm Zyphlin, I've never stated its a national political party. Here's who you appear to be debating:



    Perhaps at some point when you want to ask me questions that actually partain to something I...or anyone else on this thread...is actually suggesting then people will pay attention to your argument and take your words as being worth while. However, if you want to continue to beat up your strawman then your argument will continue to be looked upon with the ridicule and disdain that it so rightly deserves.

    It is a recognized movement within the Republican Party. It is NOT a political party and as such does NOT deserve the title others have given it.
    Again, I will ask. Who has stated that its a national political party.

    Please, identify those posters who are giving it such a title.

    Simply capitalizing its letters is not doing such, unless you can provide actual proof other than your own...worthless mind you...opinion of what the capitalization means.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •