Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Homeland Security seizes domain names

  1. #21
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Homeland Security seizes domain names

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
    Liberals arent hard to figure out. They stand for, and their many groups that fall under the header of liberalism (socialism, communism, marxism, anarchy just to name a few) everything that is wrong with America. So to group them all together and you get one form or another of anti-Americanism. Oh they will claim they love America, but not the America it is but the America they want it to be. Love her or leave her. You change her to be something she is not, then she will fail.
    Here is what is wrong with conservatives. They tend to bunch a group of words together that have negative connotations as if though they all mean the same thing. My suggestion to you is study what socialism, communisum, and marxism is. Anarchy in particular however makes no sense and you would be the first conservative on this fourm I have seen to used "anarchy" for "big government loving" democrats.

    On the other hand, the tea party movement would ascribe much closer to the notion of anarchy wouldn't you say?

    Anyways I don't like Homeland Security as a whole and believe the entire thing top to bottom should be dismantled.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  2. #22
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Homeland Security seizes domain names

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I labeled myself very liberal, and yet you have no idea how I think, or what I define as very liberal.

    This is what the problem in American politics today, everyone look, it's right here. This feeling that it is us against them, that everyone who thinks different are evil bastards who all think alike, and that they must lose or otherwise the world is over. Seriously, if you wanted to actually understand, and talk with people who disagree with you then you might learn something, and grow. But instead you want to play these partisan games which help no one.
    No one cares what you define as very liberal, those labels aren't up to you. They are up to public opinion and are generally known. It's up to you pick the one closest to your beliefs.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #23
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Homeland Security seizes domain names

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
    Homeland Security seizes domain names - The Hill's Hillicon Valley


    Good for Sen Wyden. Its refreshing to know there are still a few sane democrats that see the Obama Admin as the fascist wannabes they are.


    Big Sis making sure America is safe from fake handbags and free music yet refuse to address terrorist coming across our southern borders.

    Hands up America! We will seize and search you at will. Wonder if there has been a run on brown shirts being shipped to Obama and Co?
    Read about this on Global Research. So now the government may very well end up censoring my internet. O America (sarcasm)
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  4. #24
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Homeland Security seizes domain names

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Read about this on Global Research. So now the government may very well end up censoring my internet. O America (sarcasm)
    If anything, this will probably prompt the EU or UN or some other international group to start up their own version of ICANN, and pretty much everyone will immediately jump on it because nobody wants the US to have unilateral control over the internet like that. Right now we have a situation where a German citizen is unable to (easily) access a Swedish website because the American government issued a court order. Yeah, that'll go over well.

    Probably the only reason this hasn't already been done is because the US has been more or less playing nice up until this point.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #25
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Homeland Security seizes domain names

    America does claim authority (via the Commerce Department) to the Internet, but it does not mean absolute power. The FCC applies policy and other agencies entitle themselves to monitoring or "executing" said policies. The authority of the FCC to even regulate a hint of the Internet is still up for debate. The bizarre fact, however, is that the Federal Government (with the exception of ICANN and the Military) are pretty incapable of "running the internet".
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  6. #26
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Homeland Security seizes domain names

    What do you expect?

    Seriously they are not supporting the Border Patrol like they need to and this way they can claim to be doing something more than using porn booths and groping Grannies and toddlers at the airports.

    Is it true that you can find out what the useless Homeland Security Chief is doing by going to: WWW.dumbassandahalf.org?

    These dumb-asses think this sign is a deterrent, a if the Illegals can read.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •