Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 403

Thread: Palin's reckless views on obesity

  1. #101
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,451

    Re: Palin's reckless views on obesity

    I haven't read the entire thread, so I am confused..

    Do those of you siding with Palin 100%, think NOTHING should be done about childhood obesity?

    I haven't read anything to the contrary, but I thought I'd ask and give the benefit of the doubt.

  2. #102
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Palin's reckless views on obesity

    Palin is doing her best to appeal to the low hanging fruit of the GOP.....but it won't get her elected.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  3. #103
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Palin's reckless views on obesity

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I haven't read the entire thread, so I am confused..

    Do those of you siding with Palin 100%, think NOTHING should be done about childhood obesity?

    I haven't read anything to the contrary, but I thought I'd ask and give the benefit of the doubt.
    Let me give you the short version. Conservatives distorted what Michelle Obama said in order to place their brand of partisan hackery in the thread, claiming that she was planning on tryting to do something so that government would have control over what we feed our children. When this was exposed as absurd, they scrambled around, trying to figure out their next move... which was to create the slippery slope that it COULD happen as they are claiming. When THIS was pointed out as ridiculous, they went back into "scramble-mode" once again trying to distort things so they can cover the fact that their position has no basis in reality. This is the extreme conservative model for threads like these.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #104
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Palin's reckless views on obesity

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Let me give you the short version. Conservatives distorted what Michelle Obama said in order to place their brand of partisan hackery in the thread, claiming that she was planning on tryting to do something so that government would have control over what we feed our children. When this was exposed as absurd, they scrambled around, trying to figure out their next move... which was to create the slippery slope that it COULD happen as they are claiming. When THIS was pointed out as ridiculous, they went back into "scramble-mode" once again trying to distort things so they can cover the fact that their position has no basis in reality. This is the extreme conservative model for threads like these.
    Extreme conservative model? Well, OK, as long as they don't make it their standard model...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  5. #105
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Palin's reckless views on obesity

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Extreme conservative model? Well, OK, as long as they don't make it their standard model...
    Exposure of things like this will hopefully help the less extreme conservatives from seeing the absurdity of the more extreme, hackish members of their political persuasion.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #106
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Palin's reckless views on obesity

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    And this item you're posting here--which has very little to do with Michelle Obama and even less with the govt trying to "take over and make decisions for us"--scares you because...you don't want your doctor to know how tall you are nor how much you weigh?
    I was responding to this
    In addition, the plan features Fat Panels who will decide if Granny is thin enough to live.

    I don't want the GOVERNMENT to be concerned with what my BMI index is from year to year.
    It's not their job. It's between me and my doctor.
    Who knows if a few yrs down the road when HC is rationed, granny will be refused treatment because of her BMI?
    Actually, that's never gonna happen because we kicked Dems asses this year and we'll do it again in 2012.
    It's just going to be a pain in the ass repealing all this nanny state crap.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  7. #107
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,352

    Re: Palin's reckless views on obesity

    Quote Originally Posted by Viktyr Korimir View Post
    When people have demonstrated a pattern of making bad decisions, trusting them to make the right decisions for our future is irrational and dangerous. If we were making the right decisions for our children in the face of the obesity epidemic, there wouldn't be any obesity epidemic for us to worry about.

    Getting this country back on track means getting people to behave correctly. If force is the only way the government can accomplish this, so be it.
    Holy crap.

    The fact that even ONE person thanked this post is disturbing.


  8. #108
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,352

    Re: Palin's reckless views on obesity

    Weird how the "stay out of my body" people are all for the government telling them what to put IN their body.


  9. #109
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Palin's reckless views on obesity

    Quote Originally Posted by MissLToe View Post
    Weird how the "stay out of my body" people are all for the government telling them what to put IN their body.
    Interesting that some folks are partisan enough to believe that THAT is what Michelle Obama is saying.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #110
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Palin's reckless views on obesity

    Quote Originally Posted by MissLToe View Post
    Holy crap.

    The fact that even ONE person thanked this post is disturbing.
    Folks can deny all they like that what affects one person has an impact on society as a whole. Doesn't change the fact that THAT is reality.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •