Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 432

Thread: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

  1. #291
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Either way, you claim that trickle down doesn't work. Yes?

    If so, please explain a viable alternative.
    Does trickle down work? Honestly, I would have to know what 'work' means in that context.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #292
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It sounds nice in theory, but it'll never happen. Not only for the reason that you haven't addressed where the money is going to come from, but also because there are still going to be people who are too stupid and too lazy to go get the free ****.
    It will come from the gov and tax payers. We already are wasteful with our money but how about bucking up and being money wise to do things that Really help?

    And you are so right about people not knowing about the programs or too lazy. Keything is making sure everybody knows and if too lazy? Give them some motivation.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  3. #293
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Excuse the year-old response, but I just didn't feel like creating a whole new thread.

    People who praise Warren Buffet for his political wisdom should consider his vested interests. Read:

    Warren Buffett: Baptist and Bootlegger - Reason Magazine

  4. #294
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Warren Buffett: 'Trickle Down' Theory Hasn't Worked (VIDEO) | TPMDC

    Now I would think if I were a Democrat or Republican, I would listen to one of the richest men in the world that made most of his money just by figuring out ways to push money around in the right direction. I dunno, that's just me.

    The Trickle Up Theory works quite well. Just ask any republican.

  5. #295
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/lighte...post1060229050

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    More money to spend?

    Or something...
    The wealthy spend a fraction of their disposable income compared the hundreds of millions of the non-wealthy. This became painfully clear over the last decade of tax cuts for the wealthy that didn't create jobs, or stimulate the economy sufficiently.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #296
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/lighte...post1060229050



    The wealthy spend a fraction of their disposable income compared the hundreds of millions of the non-wealthy. This became painfully clear over the last decade of tax cuts for the wealthy that didn't create jobs, or stimulate the economy sufficiently.
    Perhaps.


    However, I looked at the cartoon's proposed cycle and its conclusion...and it appeared to me that, whatever the reality is, within the cartoon's parameters, lower taxes anywhere would equal more money to spend.

    It did not seem to account for whether that available money would actually be spent.

    And yes, I realize it was a cartoon.

    -------------------------------

    However, to your response.

    As I understand it, most if not all “wealthy” persons invest the majority of their money in one thing or another – few of them simply store it under their house in a vault, so far as I understand.

    By that measure, they are spending it in a way that theoretically should promote, if not jobs directly, an environment in which whomever they invested in would have more money to hire people – or “create jobs”.
    Of course, I’m not sure things actually work that way…
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #297
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,710

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
    Excuse the year-old response, but I just didn't feel like creating a whole new thread.

    People who praise Warren Buffet for his political wisdom should consider his vested interests. Read:

    Warren Buffett: Baptist and Bootlegger - Reason Magazine
    great article-maybe the Buffett slurpers will take a break from kissing Buffett butt

  8. #298
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,710

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    The Trickle Up Theory works quite well. Just ask any republican.
    You fail to note that those who gain wealth do so mainly by providing value to those who trade with them

  9. #299
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Perhaps.


    However, I looked at the cartoon's proposed cycle and its conclusion...and it appeared to me that, whatever the reality is, within the cartoon's parameters, lower taxes anywhere would equal more money to spend.

    It did not seem to account for whether that available money would actually be spent.

    Only if you ignore that a consumer economy requires consumers to prosper.

    And yes, I realize it was a cartoon.
    Then you must be unaware that moderators have repeatedly warned not to bring political debate to the cartoon thread.


    As I understand it, most if not all “wealthy” persons invest the majority of their money in one thing or another – few of them simply store it under their house in a vault, so far as I understand.
    The tax cuts for the rich were sold to the middle class that they would produce jobs in this country. Overseas investments do not provide jobs in this country.

    By that measure, they are spending it in a way that theoretically should promote, if not jobs directly, an environment in which whomever they invested in would have more money to hire people – or “create jobs”.
    India and China's middle class is doing better while our own declines. Hell of a deal!!!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #300
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post


    The tax cuts for the rich were sold to the middle class that they would produce jobs in this country. Overseas investments do not provide jobs in this country.
    If it means cheaper products here in the U.S. and more money to spend on other things, that certainly would help create jobs.

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •