Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 432

Thread: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

  1. #251
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you ever think with the brain that God gave you? We have spent trillions on social programs and still have poverty, homeless, druggies, etc. so when do you ever come to the decision that failure to accept and handle personal responsibility is the problem not simply throwing money at the problem?
    socialism is not a thinking based system except by those at the very top of that scheme. Then it is pure machiavellianism



  2. #252
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    socialism is not a thinking based system except by those at the very top of that scheme. Then it is pure machiavellianism
    Isn't it amazing that those at the top have no problem keeping those at the bottom dependent on liberal social programs for their existence? Don't hear any liberals talking about liberal greed and fighting hard to destroy the economic system that made this country great.

  3. #253
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Isn't it amazing that those at the top have no problem keeping those at the bottom dependent on liberal social programs for their existence? Don't hear any liberals talking about liberal greed and fighting hard to destroy the economic system that made this country great.
    people at the top push programs that will keep them in power

    what group has a vested interest in keeping lots of people dependent on the government?
    the same ones whose programs keep people poor and dependent-rich dems



  4. #254
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    How exactly do you propose to furnish jobs without the capital provided by the rich?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  5. #255
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Isn't it amazing that those at the top have no problem keeping those at the bottom dependent on liberal social programs for their existence? Don't hear any liberals talking about liberal greed and fighting hard to destroy the economic system that made this country great.
    Isn't it amazing that those at the top have no problem keeping those at the bottom dependent on a debt-based market system that concentrates wealth and any financial security at the top? Don't hear any conservatives talking about conservative greed and fighting hard to destroy the principals of equality and social mobility that made this country great.

    See what I did there?
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  6. #256
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Isn't it amazing that those at the top have no problem keeping those at the bottom dependent on a debt-based market system that concentrates wealth and any financial security at the top? Don't hear any conservatives talking about conservative greed and fighting hard to destroy the principals of equality and social mobility that made this country great.

    See what I did there?
    How does any rich person keep you dependent? Think about that statement of yours? Do you have a choice as to where to spend your money in the private sector? How about the public sector? I can see what is keeping you out of the class that you seem to hate.

    Yes, I saw what you did but what you did makes no sense because private sector choice is a lot different from public sector choice. Try to decide where to send your tax dollars.

  7. #257
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,471

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    I'm not going to argue with you that rich people don't give money to charity but I mean, if they didn't wouldn't that just make them a ****ing asshole?
    So you define someone who makes money and doesn't give it away as "an asshole"? Sounds like demonizing.
    May as well label them evil assholes then wage ware on them while you're at it. Or infidels and wage a holy war.

    I mean, what the **** do you think they are doing to generate income in the first place?
    - creating jobs
    - innovating
    - providing goods and services that the public wants

    These are assholes? I think the peanut gallery that sits back calling these individuals assholes, are the real assholes.

  8. #258
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How does any rich person keep you dependent? Think about that statement of yours? Do you have a choice as to where to spend your money in the private sector? How about the public sector? I can see what is keeping you out of the class that you seem to hate.

    Yes, I saw what you did but what you did makes no sense because private sector choice is a lot different from public sector choice. Try to decide where to send your tax dollars.
    Do you really not understand that power comes from influence and not always from laws? Do you not realize that we only have access to what businesses choose to sell us, and only have access to the information they don't prevent us from getting? The real world does not operate in such simple terms. Private business does not work for the betterment of anyone but itself.

    No, I do not have the choice of where to spend my money. Choice of evils is not a choice at all. It is the illusion of choice.

    A poor family only has access to a crappy school that is underfunded. A wealthy family can afford to send their kids to any one of a dozen schools in the area, and actually pick the best. A well funded public school system would alleviate this. A poor family can only live in a ghetto, with crime, violence and poverty. A wealthy family can live in a safe area, with access to good services, and police who are out to protect you rather than arrest you. Livable wages would help offset this problem. A poor family works 14 hours a day and is forced to get all their food at McDonald's. A wealthy family has access to better nutrition. Again, wages, and a social system dedicated to ensuring that a person does not go without their basic needs would solve this problem. A wealthy person can afford expensive new drugs and top notch medical care. A poor person dies because their insurance carrier dropped their coverage. A public healthcare system would solve this.

    Every example I just gave you is a way that rich people have choice where poor people do not, and each solution means curtailing business in order to SAVE LIVES and improve a person's chance to move up the social and economic ladder.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Mach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,471

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    A poor family only has access to a crappy school that is underfunded. A poor family can only live in a ghetto, with crime, violence and poverty. A poor family works 14 hours a day and is forced to get all their food at McDonald's. A poor person dies because their insurance carrier dropped their coverage.
    Incorrect.
    They have equal access. What they lack at that point in time, is the money.
    There is no one forcibly stopping them from making theoretically (legally) any amount of money, from not having kids, etc.

    Wait, yes, actually the government, and apparently democrats/liberals more so than other political persuasions working through government, do indeed want to forcibly stop certain people from making certain amounts of money. There are your bad actors...go get'em tex.

  10. #260
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Do you really not understand that power comes from influence and not always from laws? Do you not realize that we only have access to what businesses choose to sell us, and only have access to the information they don't prevent us from getting? The real world does not operate in such simple terms. Private business does not work for the betterment of anyone but itself.

    No, I do not have the choice of where to spend my money. Choice of evils is not a choice at all. It is the illusion of choice.

    A poor family only has access to a crappy school that is underfunded. A wealthy family can afford to send their kids to any one of a dozen schools in the area, and actually pick the best. A well funded public school system would alleviate this. A poor family can only live in a ghetto, with crime, violence and poverty. A wealthy family can live in a safe area, with access to good services, and police who are out to protect you rather than arrest you. Livable wages would help offset this problem. A poor family works 14 hours a day and is forced to get all their food at McDonald's. A wealthy family has access to better nutrition. Again, wages, and a social system dedicated to ensuring that a person does not go without their basic needs would solve this problem. A wealthy person can afford expensive new drugs and top notch medical care. A poor person dies because their insurance carrier dropped their coverage. A public healthcare system would solve this.

    Every example I just gave you is a way that rich people have choice where poor people do not, and each solution means curtailing business in order to SAVE LIVES and improve a person's chance to move up the social and economic ladder.
    then keep it, do whatever you want with it, don't participate but by all means stop whining.

    As for those crappy schools what party is preventing vouchers from being implemented?

    My question is what keeps a poor person poor, a rich person or a govt. bureaucrat that makes laws that penalizes wealth creation?

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •