Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 432

Thread: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

  1. #101
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Because it's so easy to get a job right now.

    I was just reading an article about a woman who used to make six figures, lost her job and later her home, burnt through all of her savings, and is now selling her wedding ring to avoid having to sleep in her car. She's tried to find a job, any job. Even crappy ones. She's been repeatedly told she's overqualified.It's not just lazy people or poor people who are struggling. This woman was rich. This can happen to you too.
    Exactly and if it does happen? I bet these haters talking out their mouth about lazy folks need to get a job will shut the hell up as they will finally understand the REAL Job market.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  2. #102
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Hard to say. most rich people have assets in other places. Many middle class americans only have savings and their home equity
    They sure do and they usually have hidden money in other places. Glad to see you admit they are crooks.
    Last edited by Kali; 11-28-10 at 03:14 AM.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  3. #103
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    They sure do and they usually have hidden money in other places. Glad to see you admit they are crooks.
    That is the sort of moronic interpretations and class envy that serve no useful purposes. Having real property, bonds, stocks etc was the point. You just spew idiotic class envy and blame others for your lot in life.



  4. #104
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,648

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    That is the sort of moronic interpretations and class envy that serve no useful purposes. Having real property, bonds, stocks etc was the point. You just spew idiotic class envy and blame others for your lot in life.
    In two lines you call Kali both moronic and idiotic. That is insulting and adds nothing to any discussion of issues.

    You seem to obsess on the term ENVY. It comes up again and again any time you discuss this issue when people suggest raising taxes upon the wealthiest Americans. There is not anyone here wishing they had all of your supposed riches, all of your supposed wealth, all of your supposed money or has dreams that they too can live in the Turtle version of the Uncle Scrooge money bin diving into a swimming pool of one hundred dollar bills. You seem to think the rest of us are like little kids with our noses pressed against the glass of your candy counter as we drool on it.

    Such fantasies on your part may be good for your own ego boost or your own self image but they are not part of our reality. Our motivation for a fairer tax policy is NOT to rob the Turtle of his caviar but to rectify the damage started by the Reagan tax cuts, the Bush tax cuts and the policies which have got us to the point we are today. We want a USA where the folly of discussing tax cuts on the rich at a time where others talk about cutting programs for the poor and middle class is ended.

    It would be nice if you adopted a more mature and more intelligent attitude about this and accepted our arguments for what they are and not what they are not.
    Last edited by haymarket; 11-28-10 at 10:09 AM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #105
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    In two lines you call Kali both moronic and idiotic. That is insulting and adds nothing to any discussion of issues.

    You seem to obsess on the term ENVY. It comes up again and again any time you discuss this issue when people suggest raising taxes upon the wealthiest Americans. There is not anyone here wishing they had all of your supposed riches, all of your supposed wealth, all of your supposed money or has dreams that they too can live in the Turtle version of the Uncle Scrooge money bin diving into a swimming pool of one hundred dollar bills. You seem to think the rest of us are like little kids with our noses pressed against the glass of your candy counter as we drool on it.

    Such fantasies on your part may be good for your own ego boost or your own self image but they are not part of our reality. Our motivation for a fairer tax policy is NOT to rob the Turtle of his caviar but to rectify the damage started by the Reagan tax cuts, the Bush tax cuts and the policies which have got us to the point we are today. We want a USA where the folly of discussing tax cuts on the rich at a time where others talk about cutting programs for the poor and middle class is ended.

    It would be nice if you adopted a more mature and more intelligent attitude about this and accepted our arguments for what they are and not what they are not.
    I guess you didn't read very well-her claim that I admitted that the rich are crooks was moronic and stupid

    and your comments that are based on your inability to understand that fact renders the rest of your blather worthless.


    and yes envy is the main motivation of most of the "tax the rich more" nonsense that is spewed on these boards. In Kali's case it is patently obvious



  6. #106
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,648

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I guess you didn't read very well-her claim that I admitted that the rich are crooks was moronic and stupid

    and your comments that are based on your inability to understand that fact renders the rest of your blather worthless.


    and yes envy is the main motivation of most of the "tax the rich more" nonsense that is spewed on these boards. In Kali's case it is patently obvious
    There is no justification for calling other poster MORONIC and IDIOTIC. You can take issue with what they say be simply sticking to the issue without such characterizations.

    Your constant need to attack others and belittle them only serves to show your own character to everyone else here.

    This entire ENVY obsession of yours needs to be examined by someone who can find its roots and get you some help in overcoming your fixation with it. Until you do that, having any sort of intelligent and rational discussion with you on this topic is rather hopeless.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #107
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    There is no justification for calling other poster MORONIC and IDIOTIC. You can take issue with what they say be simply sticking to the issue without such characterizations.

    Your constant need to attack others and belittle them only serves to show your own character to everyone else here.

    This entire ENVY obsession of yours needs to be examined by someone who can find its roots and get you some help in overcoming your fixation with it. Until you do that, having any sort of intelligent and rational discussion with you on this topic is rather hopeless.
    I called her claim moronic and idiotic. That is beyond any doubt based on what i SAID and how she INTERPRETED IT. She might well be a world renowned expert on amphibian reproduction or rocket propulsion. Some people are experts on some issues and completely ignorant on others.

    YOu on the other hand make posts about ME rather than what I SAY.



  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,648

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Not at all Turtle. My complaint with you is exactly what you say and that you often fail to support your opinion. You perhaps are the reincarnation of the Savior himself and a giant among men - I cannot say. It is your views and how you express and fail to support them that I take issue with.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #109
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Not at all Turtle. My complaint with you is exactly what you say and that you often fail to support your opinion. You perhaps are the reincarnation of the Savior himself and a giant among men - I cannot say. It is your views and how you express and fail to support them that I take issue with.
    I don't agree with your soak the rich attitude either



  10. #110
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,648

    Re: Warren Buffet: 'Trickle Down' Theory Doesn't Work

    If that were my attitude, it would be your right to take issue with it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •