Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 84

Thread: White House to put up to 5,000 salad bars in schools

  1. #61
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: White House to put up to 5,000 salad bars in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    We had salad bars in junior high and highschool. I must have had one every other day. Always with low fat dressing. I think it's a good choice for kids. I know that ours were refilled two or three times daily during lunch hour from kids eating salads. Of course if you pile on ranch dressing it isn't very good for you but that's quickly solved with low fat dressings. Even a salad with low fat dressing tastes better than alot of the other stuff they served.


    Low fat dressing usually isn't.


    Plus it's loaded with sugar.


    It's dood.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #62
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: White House to put up to 5,000 salad bars in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Low fat dressing usually isn't.


    Plus it's loaded with sugar.


    It's dood.
    Yes, how stupid of me to think that salads with low fat/low cal dressing is in anyway appropriate for kids. It's very good of you to point out that some low fat dressings aren't low fat, maybe I was actually referring to the ones that are indeed low fat. Maybe a school official could actually check the nutritional label before putting it on the salad bar. It's a crazy idea, I know, but I think it could work...
    Last edited by roughdraft274; 11-29-10 at 12:08 PM.

  3. #63
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: White House to put up to 5,000 salad bars in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Yes, how stupid of me to think that salads with low fat/low cal dressing is in anyway appropriate for kids. It's very good of you to point out that some low fat dressings aren't low fat, maybe I was actually referring to the ones that are indeed low fat. Maybe a school official could actually check the nutritional label before putting it on the salad bar. It's a crazy idea, I know, but I think it could work...


    Please list me 5 low cal/low fat dressings.


    Thanks
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #64
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: White House to put up to 5,000 salad bars in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Please list me 5 low cal/low fat dressings.


    Thanks
    Pretty much any balsamic vinegar.

    Light Done Right Zesty Italian Reduced Fat (Kraft Salad Dressing)
    Serving Size: 2 tbsp, Calories: 25, Fat: 1.5g, Carbs: 2g, Protein: 0g

    Calories in Kraft Foods, Inc. - Raspberry Vinaigrette Fat Free Dressing

    Walden Farms Honey Dijon Dressing, Sugar Free, Calorie Free, Fat Free, Carb Free, Gluten Free: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

    Calories in Wish-Bone - Fat Free Ranch

    Calories in Wish-Bone - Fat Free Chunky Blue Cheese

    Calories in Kraft Foods, Inc. - Salad Dressing French Style Fat Free

    Calories in Wish-Bone - Just 2 Good Ranch

    And I won't even go into the greatness that is plain olive oil and red wine vinegar.

  5. #65
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: White House to put up to 5,000 salad bars in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Pretty much any balsamic vinegar.

    Light Done Right Zesty Italian Reduced Fat (Kraft Salad Dressing)
    Serving Size: 2 tbsp, Calories: 25, Fat: 1.5g, Carbs: 2g, Protein: 0g


    There is thier lie....


    what kid is going to only put 2 teaspoons on thier salad? guarantee you need to quadruple that in order to get an accurate measurement.


    furthermore.... What's in it? where are the ingredients? I can't find them.

    mainly how much sugar?



    I need ingredients.




    This is fake food, and your kid will be worse off than eating a big mac than a serving of this nasty proccessed crap.





    Ingredients: water, corn syrup, cultured low fat buttermilk, vinegar, sugar, onion juice, garlic juice, salt, modified food starch, contains less than 2% of soybean oil, xanthan gum, artificial color, phosphoric acid, propylene glycol alginate, with potassium sorbate and calcium disodium edta as preservatives, monosodium glutamate, natural flavor, dried parsley, fried green onions, vitamin E acetate, spice, caramel color, yellow 5, sulfiting agents[/quote]


    really?




    Water, Corn Syrup, Soybean Oil, Modified Cornstarch, Distilled Vinegar, Blue Cheese (Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Salt, Sugar, Natural Flavors, Artificial Flavors, Cultured Nonfat Buttermilk, Hydrolyzed Corn Gluten, Calcium Caseinate, Sodium Caseinate (from Milk), Cellulose Gel, Xanthan Gum, Garlic Powder, Lactic Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Color Added, Whey, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Calcium Disodium EDTA to protect quality, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Cellulose Gum, Spice, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E).



    Sounds delish!!!!!






    Do I need to go on? I've only highligted some of the fake food in these proccessed pieces of poison you are suggesting our kids ingest.



    And I won't even go into the greatness that is plain olive oil and red wine vinegar.

    See now this I agree with.
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 11-29-10 at 12:58 PM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #66
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: White House to put up to 5,000 salad bars in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    There is thier lie....


    what kid is going to only put 2 teaspoons on thier salad? guarantee you need to quadruple that in order to get an accurate measurement.


    furthermore.... What's in it? where are the ingredients? I can't find them.

    mainly how much sugar?





    I need ingredients.






    This is fake food, and your kid will be worse off than eating a big mac than a serving of this nasty proccessed crap.







    Ingredients: water, corn syrup, cultured low fat buttermilk, vinegar, sugar, onion juice, garlic juice, salt, modified food starch, contains less than 2% of soybean oil, xanthan gum, artificial color, phosphoric acid, propylene glycol alginate, with potassium sorbate and calcium disodium edta as preservatives, monosodium glutamate, natural flavor, dried parsley, fried green onions, vitamin E acetate, spice, caramel color, yellow 5, sulfiting agents

    really?






    Water, Corn Syrup, Soybean Oil, Modified Cornstarch, Distilled Vinegar, Blue Cheese (Milk, Cheese Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Salt, Sugar, Natural Flavors, Artificial Flavors, Cultured Nonfat Buttermilk, Hydrolyzed Corn Gluten, Calcium Caseinate, Sodium Caseinate (from Milk), Cellulose Gel, Xanthan Gum, Garlic Powder, Lactic Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Color Added, Whey, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Calcium Disodium EDTA to protect quality, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Cellulose Gum, Spice, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E).



    Sounds delish!!!!!








    Do I need to go on? I've only highligted some of the fake food in these proccessed pieces of poison you are suggesting our kids ingest.






    See now this I agree with. [/QUOTE]

    You pointed out **** that is in the overwhelming majority of food in any restaurant or store. You highlighted sugar on things where it contains 2 grams of sugar. Be sure to keep those sugar containing apples out of your kids hands.

    Corn syrup is another thing. Perfectly fine for you in moderation. Definitely should be limited but is similar to sugar in all ways that matter.

    As far as serving size my schools had packets of dressing, with the recommended serving inside of it. Simple solution.

    Basically you're arguing for the sake of being argumentative. I guarantee, unless you keep your kid away from nearly every restaurant and nearly every isle of the grocery store, away from all cereals, away from most loaves of bread, etc... that they already eat this stuff and it's perfectly fine for them in moderation.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: White House to put up to 5,000 salad bars in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274
    Pretty much any balsamic vinegar.

    Light Done Right Zesty Italian Reduced Fat (Kraft Salad Dressing)
    Serving Size: 2 tbsp, Calories: 25, Fat: 1.5g, Carbs: 2g, Protein: 0g
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    There is thier lie....


    what kid is going to only put 2 teaspoons on thier salad? guarantee you need to quadruple that in order to get an accurate measurement.
    look carefully, and tell me what's wrong with your comment here Rev...lol.

  8. #68
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: White House to put up to 5,000 salad bars in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    look carefully, and tell me what's wrong with your comment here Rev...lol.


    Tablespoons.


    Comment still stands. kids douse thier food with condiments... think quarter to half cup minimum.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: White House to put up to 5,000 salad bars in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Tablespoons.


    Comment still stands. kids douse thier food with condiments... think quarter to half cup minimum.
    I know... I just felt like being a smart ass

  10. #70
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: White House to put up to 5,000 salad bars in schools

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Tablespoons.


    Comment still stands. kids douse thier food with condiments... think quarter to half cup minimum.
    One of my sons dips his hamburger in ketchup like a french fry.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •