Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 286

Thread: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    from Turtle

    Tell me (former?) dem operative. why do you spend so much time campaigning for the government to take more wealth of your fellow citizens?
    Actually most of my time lately was spent getting a person elected to public office and that was successful.

    As for taking wealth from my fellow citizens, I want to give 100% of my fellow citizens extensions on the scheduled tax raises on their first $250,00.00 of their income. The 2% who will pay over that amount are a very tiny portion of the population and I care far more about the other 98% than I do that tiny minority and if they will have enough this year to purchase a gold plated bidet.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #82
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    from Turtle



    Actually most of my time lately was spent getting a person elected to public office and that was successful.

    As for taking wealth from my fellow citizens, I want to give 100% of my fellow citizens extensions on the scheduled tax raises on their first $250,00.00 of their income. The 2% who will pay over that amount are a very tiny portion of the population and I care far more about the other 98% than I do that tiny minority and if they will have enough this year to purchase a gold plated bidet.
    class warfare-the mantra and M.O. of the dem party is obviously the same for a dem operative. your hatred and spite towards those who already pay too much is well documented.

    As long as only a tiny minority get screwed over I guess its ok, I will keep that in mind the next time liberals whine about death row inmates, gays in the military or gays wanting to marry. after all-they aren't that big a group and fairness only matters if it applies to a larger number.



  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post

    I care far more about the other 98% than I do that tiny minority and if they will have enough this year to purchase a gold plated bidet.
    The tyranny of the majority.

  4. #84
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The tyranny of the majority.
    class warfare and hatred of those who prosper is common among that party



  5. #85
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Thanks! I don't know why it's been so difficult for Conservatives to just tell it straight instead of spouting some obscure platitude, i.e., "correlation =/= causation".
    If you think that "correlation =/= causation" is an "obscure platitude," then that proves my point better than anything else I've said in this thread.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #86
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    And when I saw that RightinNYC had posted again in this thread I was hoping he finally was bringing the evidence of tax cuts on the rich producing jobs. Instead we just get a repetition of repetition which said nothing in the first place.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #87
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And when I saw that RightinNYC had posted again in this thread I was hoping he finally was bringing the evidence of tax cuts on the rich producing jobs. Instead we just get a repetition of repetition which said nothing in the first place.
    I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with a relatively simple concept.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Screw the concept.

    Show us the jobs created by the Bush tax cuts.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #89
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    class warfare and hatred of those who prosper is common among that party
    It's more a common talking point among those on the right who cannot formulate real arguments. When you cannot outdebate people, demonize them.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #90
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Asking those who have been the most blessed to help the rest of the American people is hardly class warfare. It amuses me that such folks like Turtle and others whine about it but it is their policies and ideas which lay the foundation for class resentments in the first place.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •