Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 286

Thread: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

  1. #201
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,914
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let's adjust for inflation the 2.8% economic growth of Obama's last year.
    According to the BEA, 2.8% has already been adjusted for inflation.
    I may be wrong.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    According to the BEA, 2.8% has already been adjusted for inflation.
    Then so were the Bush numbers as they came from the same chart.

    2001 10286.20 3.36%
    2002 10642.30 3.46%
    2003 11142.10 4.70%
    2004 11867.80 6.51%
    2005 12638.40 6.49%
    2006 13398.90 6.02%
    2007 14077.60 5.07%
    2008 14441.40 2.58%
    2009 14256.30 -1.28%
    2010 14657.8 2.82%
    Last edited by Conservative; 03-09-11 at 10:14 AM.

  3. #203
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really have an obsession with me and a strong desire to prove me wrong as you always seem to focus on the specific post and not the one I was responding to. If you are going to adjust for inflation then do so across the board on revenue and all expenses not just the specific numbers that you seem to like. Let's adjust for inflation the 2.8% economic growth of Obama's last year. Does anyone really care whether or not the 14.6 trillion dollar GDP in 2010 is adjusted for inflation at some time in the future? I really don't care what the inflation rate was because If you notice the GDP numbers during the Bush years you will notice quite during the years of 2003-2007. Was inflation that much higher during that period of time than it was in 2001-2002 or 2007-2008?
    The 2.8 is adjusted. That is why it is in the adjusted table. Not sure what part of that was confusing. If you don't care about what inflation was, you have no room to talk about GDP, since GDP growing at below inflation is, to use the technical term, bad. You can't just ignore away important facts just because they make your case weaker. You don't get to pick and choose what statistics are relevant or key.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #204
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then so were the Bush numbers as they came from the same chart.

    2001 10286.20 3.36%
    2002 10642.30 3.46%
    2003 11142.10 4.70%
    2004 11867.80 6.51%
    2005 12638.40 6.49%
    2006 13398.90 6.02%
    2007 14077.60 5.07%
    2008 14441.40 2.58%
    2009 14256.30 -1.28%
    2010 14657.8 2.82%
    Funny how you have no link for those numbers, but the numbers supplied earlier had one. I wonder which are more believable...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The 2.8 is adjusted. That is why it is in the adjusted table. Not sure what part of that was confusing. If you don't care about what inflation was, you have no room to talk about GDP, since GDP growing at below inflation is, to use the technical term, bad. You can't just ignore away important facts just because they make your case weaker. You don't get to pick and choose what statistics are relevant or key.
    I got the numbers I posted from the same chart, if the 2.8% was adjusted so were the Bush numbers.

  6. #206
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Funny how you have no link for those numbers, but the numbers supplied earlier had one. I wonder which are more believable...
    How many times do I have to post the link?

    http://www.bea.gov/national/nipaweb/...ate&JavaBox=no
    Last edited by Conservative; 03-09-11 at 10:28 AM.

  7. #207
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How many times do I have to post the link?
    I just checked each and every one of your 24 posts in this thread, and you in no of them linked to the chart you got those numbers from. So linking to the chart once would do it. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, thinking somehow I had missed it, but nope, no link.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #208
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How many times do I have to post the link?

    U.S. Department of Commerce. Bureau of Economic Analysis
    Now that you actually supplied it, it's the wrong one. That is gross unadjusted.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #209
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I just checked each and every one of your 24 posts in this thread, and you in no of them linked to the chart you got those numbers from. So linking to the chart once would do it. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, thinking somehow I had missed it, but nope, no link.
    Since you have followed me all over the forum obviously you ignored the links I have provided many times. I didn't say I had posted it on this board but did as you can see from above. It was an addition but here it is again. If you are going to continue this obsession with me then pay closer attention to all my posts and the links I post.

    U.S. Department of Commerce. Bureau of Economic Analysis

  10. #210
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,259

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Now that you actually supplied it, it's the wrong one. That is gross unadjusted.
    If it is gross unadjusted then the 2.8% for Obama is wrong as well. Those are the actual dollars.

Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •