Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 286

Thread: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    And what "proof" might that be?

    Even here you're deflecting again instead of giving a straight answer which I find somewhat disturbing coming for you, a poster I generally respect for his intellect, tact and honesty, when you make such commentary as this:



    Haymarket asked a very simple question that even Conservative should be able to do with his "at-the-ready cut-N-paste" answers - show evidence that tax cuts did, in fact, create the jobs that Republicans/Conservatives claim they should/would have. As far as I'm concerned, the Bush tax cuts failed. America's evidence is the recession and the high unemployment rate we're still trying to get control over.
    The question eventually comes down to whether the government can handle finances more effectively than the individual. There seems to be those who feel that the government should have more money in order to create jobs, wealth, or some such thing. This argument appears to be that because tax cuts didn't create enough jobs taxpayers should send Washington more money and maybe it will happen this time. Maybe it will.

    But the smart money says otherwise.

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,830

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    wrong poster-try again
    Nope - got the right guy --- Mr. Cut Taxes out of pure principle and ideology.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Nope - got the right guy --- Mr. Cut Taxes out of pure principle and ideology.
    While his opponent wants to raise taxes for no particualr reason.

  4. #104
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,830

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    While his opponent wants to raise taxes for no particualr reason.
    same thing as principle and ideology = no particular reason.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    same thing as principle and ideology = no particular reason.
    If there is no particular reason, why give them more money?

  6. #106
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,830

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    perhaps it is my fault for not making myself understood.
    I was saying "no particular reason" is the same thing as the vague terms "principle and ideology".
    I myself have very pragmatic reasons that principle and ideology never touch upon.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #107
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    It seems that very few people understand even the most basic facts about what drives our economy.

    Tax cuts alone will not cause the economy to grow unless all taxes were eliminated 100%.

    Tax cuts along with reduced spending and a positive outlook on the part of the public are required for growth.

    Obama has proven that you can't waste money on idiotic ill conceived schemes like Cash For Clunkers and hope to do anything but flush money down the drain.

    Our economy is based on Faith and Hope, and Obama does not instill either in the vast majority of thinking Americans with either one. People have believe there is hope before they will go out and spend money on large items and that also requires faith that the right things are being done, and Obama hasn't done anything right yet unless he resigned when I wasn't looking.


    California is bleeding population and jobs and is bankrupt because of Liberalism and it's going to get very dangerous here very soon as some cities become near ghost towns.

    But the Delta smelt will be alive as the citizens starve.

  8. #108
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,830

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    from Councilman


    California is bleeding population and jobs and is bankrupt because of Liberalism and it's going to get very dangerous here very soon as some cities become near ghost towns.

    actually its more of this than some ideological boogeyman from your nightmares

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Califor...ition_13_(1978)
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #109
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,638

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Nope - got the right guy --- Mr. Cut Taxes out of pure principle and ideology.
    You do understand why you are wrong? you attributed a quote to me that I did not write

    you thus FAIL



  10. #110
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,830

    Re: Were the Bush Tax Cuts Good for Growth?

    you are Mr. Cut Taxes -- no mistake there.

    and you take yourself way way way tooo seriously... for even a Turtle.

    My favorite posts are when you guys with the inferiority complex have to pronounce yourself the winners all the time. Its so wonderfully cute.

    and as for the quote thing ... sometimes the waiter brings you the wrong soup...

    and he knows exactly what he is doing to make a point.

    Or maybe not.

    Something to think about just the same.
    Last edited by haymarket; 11-22-10 at 10:53 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •