Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 185

Thread: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Couldn't tell you that until you tell me what "a certain type" is.
    70% of soldiers polled isn't the same as 70% of the army. But if such a figure is accurate it only encourages liberals. Which is why I say that if anyone should vote on the repeal it should be the soldiers. All this affects them.



    Would you have said the same thing during the civil rights movement? Those dang blacks! First we let them vote, and then they went and demanded they attend the same schools!!
    Gays always could vote as far as I'm aware (when they were out of jail). And unless they've abused a chemistry set, they've no kids to attend school. There are plenty of laws against persecuting homosexuals. Now there's one coming to foist them on soldiers, whether individual platoons or companies want them or not. And that's fascist.



    70% think things will be fine, but you seem to think their opinion is wrong.
    No, I asked a question of the survey. A huge swing away from the 95% article there. But as I say, let the Senate institute something along the lines of what I suggested and let the troops have who they want with them.

    What are the liberal pussies afraid of? The 'wrong' results?!



    Prancing sickos. Listen to yourself. You don't even hide your hatred. Have fun in the 19th century.
    Yes, they are. Out comes the smear and invalidation against someone with an alternative point of view.

    (And if a hip-shaking transvestite queening about the parade ground isn't some kind of sick weirdo, I don't know what is! 'Ooo, I can't go over that training course Sergeant-Major, I'll break my nails and ruin my perm!')


    VOTE LABOUR! (DEMOCRAT in USA)


    ...'A Bit Suspect!'
    Last edited by Republic_Of_Public; 11-21-10 at 01:37 AM.

  2. #12
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    70% of soldiers polled isn't the same as 70% of the army. But if such a figure is accurate it only encourages liberals. Which is why I say that if anyone should vote on the repeal it should be the soldiers. All this affects them.





    Gays always could vote as far as I'm aware (when they were out of jail). And unless they've abused a chemistry set, they've no kids to attend school. There are plenty of laws against persecuting homosexuals. Now there's one coming to foist them on soldiers, whether individual platoons or companies want them or not. And that's fascist.





    No, I asked a question of the survey. A huge swing away from the 95% article there. But as I say, let the Senate institute something along the lines of what I suggested and let the troops have who they want with them.

    What are the liberal pussies afraid of? The 'wrong' results?!





    Yes, they are. Out comes the smear and invalidation against someone with an alternative point of view.

    (And if a hip-shaking transvestite queening about the parade ground isn't some kind of sick weirdo, I don't know what is!)
    You have no understanding of statistics or polling. The 95% number was based on one room full of marines raising hands, but that's ok for you because it supports your viewpoint. But when the numbers don't you demand they survery every member of the military. Good god, you even used a monty python skit to support your hate.

    Statistics does not require you to survey an entire group. Those pre-election polls, did you just assume they were all wrong because they only survey a small group of people?

    I'm not afraid of the results because I already know what they'll be, plus or minus a couple percent.

    Gays are forced to hide who they are to stay in the military, straights are not.
    Gays have little or no marriage rights in most states. Straights have universal rights that are applied no matter where they live or where they move.

    What is it, exactly, that you're so terrified of? You think the military is going to let people dress in fishnets and **** in the showers? No, because that's against regulations already and nobody's asking for anything of the sort. It's your own personal fear and hatred that is inventing this scenario you have in your head.

    We both know this will happen sooner or later. If you don't like it, I suggest you stay away from a military career.
    Last edited by Deuce; 11-21-10 at 01:36 AM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Statistics does not require you to survey an entire group.
    Indeed. As you would say, when it's a majority of a mass polled supporting what you want, that's the way to go. But when 95% of another mass polled don't want that, they're all to be smeared as bigots and homophobes!

    Hate, did I hear you say?!




    Good god, you even used a monty python skit to support your hate.
    'Oooo, hate'! It's not evidence you silly little, just a bit of a sense of the ridiculous!




    I'm not afraid of the results because I already know what they'll be, plus or minus a couple percent.
    Nothing like an anticipated victory to give you hubris. If it was to go the other way in the Senate, you'd be screaming blue murder and wishing the subject had not arisen at all. There have certainly been no few insults hurled at me.

    Pathetic really.



    Gays are forced to hide who they are to stay in the military, straights are not.
    Gays have little or no marriage rights in most states.
    There's been a reason for those things, real or perceived. Homosexuality is and was always viewed as universally weird and pervy in most known cultures. It's not a reproductive proclivity and takes a whole lot of mental conditioning to accept.

    But that's not enough. Everyone must embrace it now. You can't just not let it be any of your damn business any more, to live and let live. It's going too far.



    No, because that's against regulations already and nobody's asking for anything of the sort.
    Regulations can be abolished, right across the board. That's been the whole 'PC' effect all through the years. You just watch and see the thing go the way of England.....



    ...own personal fear and hatred...
    Yep, the opposition have something wrong with them if they disagree. 'Hate' is a favourite buzzword I've noticed.
    Last edited by Republic_Of_Public; 11-21-10 at 01:55 AM.

  4. #14
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Live and let live, by denying people rights? That's your definition of live and let live?

    You want homosexuals to be treated differently than yourself, and you have the nerve to talk about live and let live.

    What's YOUR reason? Don't hide behind history. Why do YOU want homosexuals to have fewer rights?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    That's your definition of live and let live?
    No, that's yours.



    Don't hide behind history.
    That's sad. No, that's taking the fire out of a debate that. Saps the spirit to say that. Those who disregard history are doomed to repeat it.



    Why do YOU want homosexuals to have fewer rights?
    They're legal and can do whatever they please, within reason. The only real fig leaf they have is that their activities are usually between consenting adults.

  6. #16
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,337
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    They're legal and can do whatever they please, within reason. The only real fig leaf they have is that their activities are usually between consenting adults.
    I asked you this in another thread, and you failed to address it.

    why should Homosexuals as a group have to act in a manner, prescribed by you? Because you think it's right?

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    I didn't say anything about 'prescribed by me'. You'll read that more than once I said the soldiers should be allowed to decide who they have in their squads and divisions, not politicians.

    And I also remember saying that viewpoints being confused with ordering someone about would be easy for liberals, because that's the way they run us all the time!

  8. #18
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,337
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    I didn't say anything about 'prescribed by me'. You'll read that more than once I said the soldiers should be allowed to decide who they have in their squads and divisions, not politicians.
    So if a Squad decided they didn't want an Asian or a Black in their Squad... that would be ok?

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    I wouldn't have thought so, not if they don't get up to anything creepy.

    But it brings us back to the Don't Ask compromise. If gays don't act it then there's no problem to arise. And there shouldn't be any reason to be flambouyant about it on the post.

    I suppose we'll have to agree to differ on this one. Politics will take its course and hopefully we'll all have our say as these develop.
    Last edited by Republic_Of_Public; 11-21-10 at 02:50 PM.

  10. #20
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,337
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    I wouldn't have thought so, not if they don't get up to anything creepy.

    But it brings us back to the Don't Ask compromise. If gays don't act it then there's no problem to arise.
    Ok so the fundemental question is, what constitutes "as long as they don't act it"?

    And what constitutes what you said earlier about "within Reason"?

    Why should they have to act like anything that you say they should?

    If a black guy in a unit acts like a gangsta, and it makes his fellow squad member feel uncomfortable, does that give them the right to eject him from the squad even if it causes no harm to them and he's still a good soldier?

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •