Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 185

Thread: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    So, what you're saying is that you believe the Republicans in Congress don't actually care about what is best for the military. If they are not willing to take into consideration this survey and the recommendations of the majority of the military heads and experts, then they are simply voting on their own biases. In fact, the majority of those voting for those Congressmen and women are for repealing DADT. So aren't they just showing how bias they actually are by not voting for what most of the military heads and most of their constituents want, and what most of those affected by this repeal could care less if it happens or not.
    Majority of military heads and "ecperts"? One a different thread poll, 95% of said military is not comfortable with it' probably because of the perverse nonsense happening in Britain. Also, you say those Republicans are just biased, but you forget half of the nation.

  2. #122
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,710

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Majority of military heads and "ecperts"? One a different thread poll, 95% of said military is not comfortable with it' probably because of the perverse nonsense happening in Britain. Also, you say those Republicans are just biased, but you forget half of the nation.
    That wasn't a poll. The two are not equivalent. The 95% number is complete bull****.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #123
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    That wasn't a poll. The two are not equivalent. The 95% number is complete bull****.
    Don't waste your time. He doesn't understand statistics. He could not tell you why a show of hands of a few thousand soldiers at town hall style meetings in front of commanding officers might be a little less valid of a survey method than an anonymous survey of over 100,000 active duty troops.

  4. #124
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    So, what you're saying is that you believe the Republicans in Congress don't actually care about what is best for the military. If they are not willing to take into consideration this survey and the recommendations of the majority of the military heads and experts, then they are simply voting on their own biases. In fact, the majority of those voting for those Congressmen and women are for repealing DADT. So aren't they just showing how bias they actually are by not voting for what most of the military heads and most of their constituents want, and what most of those affected by this repeal could care less if it happens or not.
    I will go with the 4 joint chiefs who are against lifting the ban......The survey sent out was a farce.......It was worded like DADT is a done deal..........Its not........

    Either way you don't have the votes now so whether the left likes it or not it will continue.....Your buddy Hussein Obama speaks with a forked tongue on the issue...One one hand he is against DADT on the other he directs his justice dept to fight the repeal......Make sure you vote for him in 2012....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #125
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    That wasn't a poll. The two are not equivalent. The 95% number is complete bull****.
    Yeah because you don't agree with it.........That is the actual men in the Marine Corps speaking to the Commandant........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #126
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I will go with the 4 joint chiefs who are against lifting the ban......The survey sent out was a farce.......It was worded like DADT is a done deal..........Its not........


    I love you NP. You argue for the 95% comment by the Marine commander even though it has considerably less validity than the Pentagon survey and then when the Pentagon survey argues a position that you don't like, you argue that it isn't credible. Your whole, "As long as the troops don't care, I don't care" argument was clearly bull**** from day 1 and you continue to be one of the only posters on this forum who continue to try to justify this policy. At this point, you are just copying McCain talking points, and it is so transparent it is sad.

  7. #127
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Don't waste your time. He doesn't understand statistics. He could not tell you why a show of hands of a few thousand soldiers at town hall style meetings in front of commanding officers might be a little less valid of a survey method than an anonymous survey of over 100,000 active duty troops.


    To get the right results you have to ask the right questions my left wing friend.............The survey did not...........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  8. #128
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post


    I love you NP. You argue for the 95% comment by the Marine commander even though it has considerably less validity than the Pentagon survey and then when the Pentagon survey argues a position that you don't like, you argue that it isn't credible. Your whole, "As long as the troops don't care, I don't care" argument was clearly bull**** from day 1 and you continue to be one of the only posters on this forum who continue to try to justify this policy. At this point, you are just copying McCain talking points, and it is so transparent it is sad.
    I believe I responded to this already............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #129
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    To get the right results you have to ask the right questions my left wing friend............The survey did not...........
    Dude, you have never even read the survey. You don't know what questions they asked or how they asked them. You are just copying McCain. But I'll let you prove otherwise. Here is the actual survey...

    http://www.stripes.com/polopoly_fs/1...ce-Members.pdf

    Please point out the specific questions you feel are unfair and explain how you feel they are not the "right" questions.

    Nobody is buying you bull**** dude. You are an antigay partisan hack who will do whatever he can to argue that gays should not be in the military. It wouldn't matter if 99% of the troops supported it, you would find a way to argue that it shouldn't be repealed because 1% don't.
    Last edited by CriticalThought; 11-26-10 at 10:46 PM.

  10. #130
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Dude, you have never even read the survey. You don't know what questions they asked or how they asked them. You are just copying McCain. But I'll let you prove otherwise. Here is the actual survey...

    http://www.stripes.com/polopoly_fs/1...ce-Members.pdf

    Please point out the specific questions you feel are unfair and explain how you feel they are not the "right" questions.

    Nobody is buying you bull**** dude. You are an antigay partisan hack who will do whatever he can to argue that gays should not be in the military. It wouldn't matter if 99% of the troops supported it, you would find a way to argue that it shouldn't be repealed because 1% don't.
    The bottom line my friend is you and your left wing friends will lose on this issue....You can cry all you want but but you don't have the votes.....Even Hussein Obama is against lifting the ban no matter what he tells you lefties.............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •