Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 185

Thread: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

  1. #91
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,317
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    On what? All I've received are nasty little names which would have made me cry if I was still 7.

    That's been the waste, especially as any evidence I do post is smeared because of where it's from or who wrote it.

    If we appear to both be wasting each others' time, with previous answers of mine to these things 'unacceptable', then we may as well stop snapping at each other.
    Your evidence only includes clearly right wing biased youtube videos and cherry picked articles.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    And as if the other side are as pure as the driven in that department?

    Oooh, right wing... the final taboo!

  3. #93
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    01-04-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,432

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You still haven't explained to me why you think some people deserve fewer rights.
    I don't think it's a question of fewer rights. I think it's a question if openly gay people in the military is good for the military. We need more research, maybe all gay units, mixed men and women units to see if sexual attraction would impact discipline and morale. Our current DADT policy gives gays an advantage because they can serve with who they are sexually attracted to. If I could do the same being a male and serve with women, shower with them, smell them, sleep next to them, there would be no complaints from me because I love women. It probably woudn't be a good idea though and that is why our military doesn't have men and women showering/sleeping next to each other because it would probably lead to a breakdown in discipline and morale.

    I think the next step is to look at all gay units. This would ensure that gays have the same rights to serve as straight people...
    Caitlyn Strong...

  4. #94
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    Ah, so it's the default position then, happening almost by accident. Bunch of six-year-olds, the lot of you!





    So let me see now, raging into people for having views you don't agree with, however strong, will persuade me will it? You do realise that simply saying 'I don't agree with that but horses for courses' would have ended this spitting little outpouring from the Left ages ago? I would have just said my piece and been off.
    AGain....no one here expects to change your mind. In fact, I would fight for your right to have whatever view you have, even when 180 degrees different from mine. However, don't think for a second that anything you say or write that espouses a view to force others to live my your short-sighted and closed minded ways will go unopposed. That will never happen...
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    I would fight for your right to have whatever view you have, even when 180 degrees different from mine.
    Bit of an empty statement when you go on to say you'd fight against the right for anyone with my views to base legislation on it. Presumably, regardless of how big a democratic mandate.
    Last edited by Republic_Of_Public; 11-24-10 at 05:00 PM.

  6. #96
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,317
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    Bit of an empty statement when you go on to say you'd fight against the right for anyone with my views to base legislation on it. Presumably, regardless of how big a democratic mandate.
    If over 50% of the country was like you, You can have all the legislation powers you want, I'm leaving the ****ing country.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    You can have all the legislation powers you want, I'm leaving the ****ing country.
    It's a deal!

    I knew we could come to a reasonable conclusion in the end!


    Though I do find liberal-left perceptions of 'tolerance' quite bizarre, even on this board.

    You can even be a Communist (or sympathiser) and still be taken seriously; yet admit a distaste for homosexual behaviour and you've lost your rights, if only in principle!

    ___________________________________


    DATA:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...-oxymoron.html

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058973462



    ONE OF OBAMA'S OWN PARTY OFFICES:





    TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY, as the Cambodian lefties might say:
    Last edited by Republic_Of_Public; 11-24-10 at 08:50 PM.

  8. #98
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Got to have those mindless appeals to emotion and contextless pictures. That is how to make a point, for sure.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Be that the case I learn from the liberal masters Redress, learning from the Liberal masters.

    And unlike them I have the links too!



    _________________________________________

    LIBERAL REPLY TEMPLATE


    A reply.
    Blah blah blah, you're a <insert playground name>, yadda yadda how dare you, waffle waffle invalidation, haw haw haw no rights.


    Link
    Pfft! That's so inconsequential, retarded and right wing that I'm unable to refute it, whilst at the same time smearing who wrote it or where it came from.
    Last edited by Republic_Of_Public; 11-24-10 at 09:05 PM.

  10. #100
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,333
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 70% of military believe lifting gay ban would have positive influence

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    Be that the case I learn from the liberal masters Redress, learning from the Liberal masters.

    And unlike them I have the links too!
    You linked to 2 threads in this forum, a picture of a single Obama worker, and a pile of bones. Nothing that actually proved anything. What you did was attempt to create a false impression and an appeal to emotion. When you get around to posting links to actual facts that have something to do with the topic, then you will have done something.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •