Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 156

Thread: Sarah Palin coins ‘word of the year,’ books boffo cable debut

  1. #81
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Sarah Palin coins ‘word of the year,’ books boffo cable debut

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Everybody in politics slides the responsibility to somebody else...

    And as somebody running the financial and tax aspects of a family owned business, I don't think my skills have anything to do with the president's job. I build spreadsheets, keep ledgers, and write checks. I am not reading complicated laws, writing laws, in charge of other people's lives, declaring war, or managing international diplomacy. There are no similarities.

    If any leadership position is more like running the government, it's being a military leader.. not a business exec.
    Wrong, ever been in the military? There is no democracy in the military. Can you give me an example of Obama leadership? Looks to me and most that he delegated responsibility and leaders do not do that!

  2. #82
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Sarah Palin coins ‘word of the year,’ books boffo cable debut

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    It certainly seems to be headed in the direction of the bail outs being paid back.

    Now back to my question

    I wonder how the people at GM feel about his policies?
    Of course the people at GM feel good about getting bailed out and getting to keep their massive benefit package. How do you feel about bailing out a private industry?

  3. #83
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,300
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sarah Palin coins ‘word of the year,’ books boffo cable debut

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Tough choice, Palin vs. Obama? Hmmm, what to do? Palin hands down for me.
    Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

    Since you do of course support socialism.

    Since she was the governor of a socialist state.

  4. #84
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Sarah Palin coins ‘word of the year,’ books boffo cable debut

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yet she was more qualified that Obama
    So what???

    FYI, answering an argument that was not made is called "making a straw man". That's what you did here.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Sarah Palin coins ‘word of the year,’ books boffo cable debut

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

    Since you do of course support socialism.

    Since she was the governor of a socialist state.
    Not surprising that you don't understand states rights

  6. #86
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,300
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sarah Palin coins ‘word of the year,’ books boffo cable debut

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not surprising that you don't understand states rights
    I just understand that you support a socialist

    And have no sense of humour at all.

  7. #87
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Sarah Palin coins ‘word of the year,’ books boffo cable debut

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yet she was more qualified that Obama
    I disagree. Obviously we have different ideas of what qualifies one for president.

    Tough choice, Palin vs. Obama? Hmmm, what to do? Palin hands down for me.
    If that's what your decision would be, why the nonsense about qualifications? Regardless of what qualifications Obama had when he was elected originally, he is beyond any shadow of a doubt more qualified, resume-wise, for the office of president right now than Palin is because now he does have the occupation of POTUS on said resume.

    Palin's resume, however, has the unfortunate "quitter" label attached to it.

    So let's not play up the old talking points that had little to no value when they were originated, let alone today and admit that the only qualification that is really being looked at is the label, howeever inaccurate, of conservative being attached to one of the candidates in question.

    BEcause if you'd vote for Palin over Obama now, it's clear that qualifications (i.e. experience) are not being considered.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #88
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Sarah Palin coins ‘word of the year,’ books boffo cable debut

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    irregardless
    .....
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Sarah Palin coins ‘word of the year,’ books boffo cable debut

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I disagree. Obviously we have different ideas of what qualifies one for president.



    If that's what your decision would be, why the nonsense about qualifications? Regardless of what qualifications Obama had when he was elected originally, he is beyond any shadow of a doubt more qualified, resume-wise, for the office of president right now than Palin is because now he does have the occupation of POTUS on said resume.

    Palin's resume, however, has the unfortunate "quitter" label attached to it.

    So let's not play up the old talking points that had little to no value when they were originated, let alone today and admit that the only qualification that is really being looked at is the label, howeever inaccurate, of conservative being attached to one of the candidates in question.

    BEcause if you'd vote for Palin over Obama now, it's clear that qualifications (i.e. experience) are not being considered.
    Ok, I'll bite, what exactly did obama do that qualifies him to lead a 14.5 trillion dollar economy? I apparently put a lot more faith in someone who actually had budget, personnel, capital project, etc responsibilities to someone who was a Community Agitator. Seems the results we have today indicate just how little he knew about the private sector and leadership in general. He loves the perks but not the responsibility of the job.

  10. #90
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sarah Palin coins ‘word of the year,’ books boffo cable debut

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Ok, I'll bite, what exactly did obama do that qualifies him to lead a 14.5 trillion dollar economy? I apparently put a lot more faith in someone who actually had budget, personnel, capital project, etc responsibilities to someone who was a Community Agitator. Seems the results we have today indicate just how little he knew about the private sector and leadership in general. He loves the perks but not the responsibility of the job.
    is this thread about obama?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •