Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, 9/11 Mastermind, Unlikely to Have Trial, Post Says

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, 9/11 Mastermind, Unlikely to Have Trial, Post Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    After public outcry, politician changes his mind. Isn't that sometimes called listening to the people?

    It's bad when Obama does it, it's bad when he doesn't do it. So typical.
    But its not just the notion of a KSM trial in NYC. Its about Gitmo, and any trial. Its all the high claims and promises of the campaign, now shown, like so much else, to be rubbish. Its not just one isolated instance of ineptness by Obama and his AG, but now a whole catalogue of it. Its not just a little bit of hypocrisy, but a whole boatload.

  2. #22
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, 9/11 Mastermind, Unlikely to Have Trial, Post Says


    Hussein is the one on the right.
    Obama has me confused he wants to put on trail people who create "Human caused Tragedies." would Obama put William Shakespeare or trial? After all he did write Hamlet, Othello, King Lear and Macbeth, and these are some of the greatest the greatest "Human caused Tragedies," in history.

    Because of Obama an Janet Napolitano do we need to rename Hurricane Katrina caused by Mother Nature and from now on call it "a man caused disaster?" Because after all we everyone knows that from Obama down to the lowest level Left Wing Liberal wacko Katrina was President George W. Bush's fault.

    I think Obama is doing what ever he can to keep this Muslim Cult Member from trail as long as he can. He ignored the people when it came to forcing his Socialist/Marxist agenda of destruction through Congress, why does he suddenly care over Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

    This is all about these murderers never facing the justice they deserve.

    I believe if Barack Huessein Obama had his way he's dismiss all charges and let the Cult leader go free and, give him a free ride to the caves of Afghanistan.

    He let the Black Panthers go, and fired as I.G. for investigating a criminal who just happens to be the black mayor of Sacramento.

  3. #23
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, 9/11 Mastermind, Unlikely to Have Trial, Post Says

    According to US law, you are tried for a criminal offense in the jurisdiction where the offense took place. This should never have been a political issue in the first place. Those who made a stink and tried to keep the trial out of NYC were using fearmongering to BREAK THE LAW. If we do not hold ourselves to a higher standard than our enemies and try them according to laws which we deem appropriate for people to live by, then we are no better than they. Take the stupid bastard to New York, try him for his crimes, and then throw him in a hole somewhere. It's a done deal.

    It should never have been a political issue in the first place. But who made it a political issue? Oh right, the right did. And they advocated not requiring Americans to follow American laws.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  4. #24
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, 9/11 Mastermind, Unlikely to Have Trial, Post Says

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    It's the fact that people aren't freaking out that is so disingenuous:



    The point is that when Bush did it, those on the left accused him of serious human rights violations and claimed that he was violating the Constitution. That outrage helped elect Obama, who promised to end those atrocities. Now he's continuing them.

    The people who freaked out about Bush should be freaking out about Obama. If they're not, then I guess they didn't really give a **** in the first place and they should just be written off as hypocrites.
    Specifically I remember all the protest marches and screams about suspension of habius corpus, yadda yadda yadda. Where's all the protesters? Where's all the calls for hearings and investigations? And you're right - there's almost no freaking out - no outrage... wonder why?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, 9/11 Mastermind, Unlikely to Have Trial, Post Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    According to US law, you are tried for a criminal offense in the jurisdiction where the offense took place. This should never have been a political issue in the first place. Those who made a stink and tried to keep the trial out of NYC were using fearmongering to BREAK THE LAW. If we do not hold ourselves to a higher standard than our enemies and try them according to laws which we deem appropriate for people to live by, then we are no better than they. Take the stupid bastard to New York, try him for his crimes, and then throw him in a hole somewhere. It's a done deal.

    It should never have been a political issue in the first place. But who made it a political issue? Oh right, the right did. And they advocated not requiring Americans to follow American laws.
    No, the right was always content with both Gitmo and tribunals. It was the left, Obama certainly included, that made it a political issue. They were exceedingly vocal about it for an extended period of time. There is no denial of rights by keeping them confined as combatants and giving them a tribunal trial, so no law was either usurped or violated, as you claim. In fact, our entire tribunal process was tweaked after the 2006 SCOTUS decision with regard to the Gitmo detainees, specifically one Salim Ahmed Hamdan

    As pointed out at least once in this thread, trying them in NY is opposed by Gov Elect Cuomo, and Sen's Shumer and Hillenbrand. All have said they will do all that they can to keep the trial from taking place in NYC. They are NY politicians. The top NY politicians. None of them are "the right".

    Perhaps you would like to try again to support your now debunked assertions ?
    Last edited by Eighty Deuce; 11-15-10 at 07:11 PM.

  6. #26
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, 9/11 Mastermind, Unlikely to Have Trial, Post Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Specifically I remember all the protest marches and screams about suspension of habius corpus, yadda yadda yadda. Where's all the protesters? Where's all the calls for hearings and investigations? And you're right - there's almost no freaking out - no outrage... wonder why?
    Because the left found its bloodlust for Muslism, Arabs, Pashtuns when their guy in power. At least statist reds dont hide their bloodlust for them, the statist blues dont have the spine to admit it.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  7. #27
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,824

    Re: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, 9/11 Mastermind, Unlikely to Have Trial, Post Says

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Because the left found its bloodlust for Muslism, Arabs, Pashtuns when their guy in power. At least statist reds dont hide their bloodlust for them, the statist blues dont have the spine to admit it.
    You mean those leftists who are saying even KSM deserves due process of law?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #28
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, 9/11 Mastermind, Unlikely to Have Trial, Post Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Why does a supermax prison need upgrades to hold suspected terrorists? KSM isn't Lex Luthor. These guys are in custody, why are we still afraid of them? Remember how people reacted to the idea of holding the trials in NYC? OMG CHAOS! Endangering the people of New York! KSM might go Incredible Hulk and break out of his shackles and EAT THE JUDGE! Our bullets will be useless!

    Apparently, officials in New York refusing to hold the trial there is somehow Obama's personal screwup. Love it. Obama Derangement Syndrome is all the rage these days.

    **** it. Hold the trial in my apartment. See if I care. I'll serve popcorn. We can't just hold these people indefinitely without trial, because this is America and we don't work that way.
    They need to add a mosque.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #29
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, 9/11 Mastermind, Unlikely to Have Trial, Post Says

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Obama fails again. The administrarion screwed up and does not know how to have a trial. Should have stayed with Military Tribunal.

    Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, 9/11 Mastermind, Unlikely to Have Trial, Post Says - Bloomberg


    The accused mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, may remain behind bars without trial indefinitely because of disagreement over his trial location, according to the Washington Post.

    The Obama administration has concluded it can’t go ahead with its original plan to have the trial in federal court in New York because of opposition from lawmakers and local officials, the Post said. There is little support for reviving an effort to hold a military trial at Guantanamo Bay, according to the Post.
    Wasn't it Hamdan v Rumsfeld in 2006 that prevented these thing from being in military tribunals?
    I may be wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •