Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 68

Thread: Great Michael Moore advice to Obama

  1. #21
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: Great Michael Moore advice to Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Please forgive them for they don't know any better. They are still in love with this idiot and he can't do no wrong.
    What? I'm just going by what you guys say all the time. Liberals love socialism, think the government should tax breathing because there's CO2 in it, and want government-run food sales to make sure we don't eat too much sugar. And that's exactly what Obama is doing! Hooray!!!

    Or maybe the reality is that Obama is a moderate at best, regulation is not socialism, we don't think Obama is the Messiah, and the taxing CO2 from breathing thing is just too stupid to even address. You pick.

    Here's a hint: Conservatives crow all the time about Obama's tanking approval ratings, how the voters are rejecting the Democrats, and how Obama is losing support all the time. Then you turn around and say he's the Messiah who liberals would never betray. It can't be both things.
    Last edited by Deuce; 11-16-10 at 06:11 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #22
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: Great Michael Moore advice to Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    You, along with your liberal brethern make absolutely zero sense?

    The basic, time tested and proven economic principle in supply and demand transactional economics is this. When you want to sell more of something, you put it on sale.


    Done, and you can thank me when the idiots in Washington actaully start getting this.


    Tim-
    ... you should take some more economics classes. Taxes aren't a product that you can sell more of by lowering the price.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Great Michael Moore advice to Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    ... you should take some more economics classes. Taxes aren't a product that you can sell more of by lowering the price.

    Really? So Black Friday making up literally 75% of most retail profit for the year in a single day, is an apparition?

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  4. #24
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: Great Michael Moore advice to Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Really? So Black Friday making up literally 75% of most retail profit for the year in a single day, is an apparition?

    Tim-
    /facepalm

    Taxes aren't a product. It doesn't work that way.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Great Michael Moore advice to Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    /facepalm

    Taxes aren't a product. It doesn't work that way.
    Hehe... And you call me lacking in economics.

    By the way, that's the first time, I think ever, someone has told me I need to take some more economics classes. [wink]


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  6. #26
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Great Michael Moore advice to Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    What? I'm just going by what you guys say all the time. Liberals love socialism, think the government should tax breathing because there's CO2 in it, and want government-run food sales to make sure we don't eat too much sugar. And that's exactly what Obama is doing! Hooray!!!

    Or maybe the reality is that Obama is a moderate at best, regulation is not socialism, we don't think Obama is the Messiah, and the taxing CO2 from breathing thing is just too stupid to even address. You pick.

    Here's a hint: Conservatives crow all the time about Obama's tanking approval ratings, how the voters are rejecting the Democrats, and how Obama is losing support all the time. Then you turn around and say he's the Messiah who liberals would never betray. It can't be both things.
    Check Obama's ratings and the effect of Obama's policies have had on the American people and the nation, this should bring you down from cloud nine unless you are under the Obama spell forever.
    Catch me if you can.

  7. #27
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Great Michael Moore advice to Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Quite to the contrary. He got a big audience reaction. I think he voices an opinion that is shared by many Obama supporters who want a tougher and far more aggressive president. The health care situation and the current tax cuts situation is the perfect illustration.
    I, for one, hope that The Obama does become even more aggressively partisan and continues to openly defy the will of the people.

  8. #28
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Great Michael Moore advice to Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I, for one, hope that The Obama does become even more aggressively partisan and continues to openly defy the will of the people.
    Me too and I hope that he still will keep on listening to Pelosi's advice and pull him further to the left. Love it!!!!
    Catch me if you can.

  9. #29
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: Great Michael Moore advice to Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Hehe... And you call me lacking in economics.

    By the way, that's the first time, I think ever, someone has told me I need to take some more economics classes. [wink]


    Tim-
    Cutting taxes at our current tax levels reduces tax revenue. Period.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Great Michael Moore advice to Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Cutting taxes at our current tax levels reduces tax revenue. Period.
    Ah, I see..


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •