Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 100

Thread: Bobby Jindal hammers Barack Obama in new book

  1. #41
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Bobby Jindal hammers Barack Obama in new book

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do results ever matter to someone like you? Any idea what Obama's approval ratings are in Louisiana vs. Jindal's? Did you see the election results on November 2? Those were results not rhetoric driven. Obama gives a great speech but results, not words matter.
    I think liberals-who tend to be more emotionally driven than rational-are more impressed by people who give flowery speeches because that appeals to emotion rather than logic. Obama appeals to such individuals because saying something well that means nothing counts more to them than actually doing something that counts



  2. #42
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Bobby Jindal hammers Barack Obama in new book

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I think liberals-who tend to be more emotionally driven than rational-are more impressed by people who give flowery speeches because that appeals to emotion rather than logic. Obama appeals to such individuals because saying something well that means nothing counts more to them than actually doing something that counts
    No question about it, I believe Jindal has an approval rating that is close to double that of Obama's in Louisiana.

  3. #43
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,980

    Re: Bobby Jindal hammers Barack Obama in new book

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I think liberals-who tend to be more emotionally driven than rational-are more impressed by people who give flowery speeches because that appeals to emotion rather than logic. Obama appeals to such individuals because saying something well that means nothing counts more to them than actually doing something that counts
    Not a bit self serving was it?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #44
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Bobby Jindal hammers Barack Obama in new book

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do results ever matter to someone like you? Any idea what Obama's approval ratings are in Louisiana vs. Jindal's? Did you see the election results on November 2? Those were results not rhetoric driven. Obama gives a great speech but results, not words matter.
    Oh please...spare me. First off....I would be shocked if Jindal didn't get better ratings in LA than Obama...its a red state....DOH...and Jindal is the home town boy. Good luck getting that from the rest of the country.
    Second....have you looked at any of the exit polls? The election results had very little to do with Obama and/or his policies. It was economy driven...that's it.
    People weren't voting in favor of Republicans...they were voting for a change in hopes that the economy might pick up.

    Seriously....you guys should run Palin and Jindal. That would be EXCELLENT for the GOP. I'd even contribute.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Bobby Jindal hammers Barack Obama in new book

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Oh please...spare me. First off....I would be shocked if Jindal didn't get better ratings in LA than Obama...its a red state....DOH...and Jindal is the home town boy. Good luck getting that from the rest of the country.
    Second....have you looked at any of the exit polls? The election results had very little to do with Obama and/or his policies. It was economy driven...that's it.
    People weren't voting in favor of Republicans...they were voting for a change in hopes that the economy might pick up.

    Seriously....you guys should run Palin and Jindal. That would be EXCELLENT for the GOP. I'd even contribute.
    The exit polls that I saw showed over 50% of voters saying that Obama's policies were at least part of the reason that the economy has not recovered, with more actually saying those policies had done more harm than good than said the opposite. This election was a huge repudiation of Obama.

    Of course, Obama and Pelosi think its just a communication problem ......... hey, add up these numbers 65 + 6 + 7 + 680 ...... that's not communication math !!!

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Bobby Jindal hammers Barack Obama in new book

    According to a poll Obama, not Bush, created TARP.
    More Americans think Obama, Not Bush, Enacted Bank Bailouts, Poll Shows - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

    Many people don't even know what they are talking when they say "the economy" is the number one issue, and its not a stretch of the imagination to say of all the Americans who say the economy is most important that "economy" means many different things to them.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Bobby Jindal hammers Barack Obama in new book

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Oh please...spare me. First off....I would be shocked if Jindal didn't get better ratings in LA than Obama...its a red state....DOH...and Jindal is the home town boy. Good luck getting that from the rest of the country.
    Second....have you looked at any of the exit polls? The election results had very little to do with Obama and/or his policies. It was economy driven...that's it.
    People weren't voting in favor of Republicans...they were voting for a change in hopes that the economy might pick up.

    Seriously....you guys should run Palin and Jindal. That would be EXCELLENT for the GOP. I'd even contribute.
    You really do live in a dream world where rhetoric trumps reality. What makes a "red state" red? Policy. I am pretty sure that if the Republicans ran "Dilbert" in 2012 against this empty suit he would win. You voted for the least experienced individual running for office as President and are getting the results that represent that resume. Qualifications for being President doesn't matter in the liberal world as you prefer a good speech over good policy.

    I did indeed look at the exit polls which of course you claim you did but didn't. Obama policies have generated the results we have today, 4 million more unemployed than when Obama took office and more unemployed each month of 2010 vs. in 2009 when the recession ended, and 3 trillion added to the debt. My bet is you like Obama because he has created an economy that you are familiar with in California, massive unemployment, high debt, and massive expansion of govt., and people leaving the state in droves. Congratulations you got the hope and change that led to a shellacking on Nov. 2 and one that gives Jindal a better chance today than he had before Obama took office. Maybe you ought to find out the difference between what a Governor does than a Community Organizer. If you had, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess today as Obama wouldn't be in office.

  8. #48
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Bobby Jindal hammers Barack Obama in new book

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really do live in a dream world where rhetoric trumps reality. What makes a "red state" red? Policy. I am pretty sure that if the Republicans ran "Dilbert" in 2012 against this empty suit he would win. You voted for the least experienced individual running for office as President and are getting the results that represent that resume. Qualifications for being President doesn't matter in the liberal world as you prefer a good speech over good policy.
    Not sure what makes a "red state red". But here in Illinois we have a pretty good idea what make a "blue state blue".

    We call it the Chicago Machine.....


    County Results - Election Center 2010 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

    (near the top center of that page under County Results.....choose view "Map" view.



    .


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  9. #49
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Bobby Jindal hammers Barack Obama in new book

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Not sure what makes a "red state red". But here in Illinois we have a pretty good idea what make a "blue state blue".

    We call it the Chicago Machine.....


    County Results - Election Center 2010 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

    (near the top center of that page under County Results.....choose view "Map" view.



    .
    I grew up in the Midwest and have a complete understanding of the "Chicago Machine" which rivals some of the worst in the world when it comes to dirty tricks and raising the dead to vote. It is frustrating although the people of TX are recepients of that machine as businesses and people keep moving to TX because of the high taxes in Illinois. Caterpillar moved a divison here last year and announced another moving here this year. People just don't get it but good state Governors do, lower taxes draw business and individuals to the state and that increases state revenue.

  10. #50
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Bobby Jindal hammers Barack Obama in new book

    I don't think Mr. Rogers "hammers" anyone.






    Purrrrrs
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •