Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 244

Thread: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

  1. #81
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    No more than $80 billion was appropriated to infrastructure projects. Much of the total spending came in the form of tax cuts and state/local budgetary shortfalls. The reason we could not get $800 billion in infrastructure spending is because the so called conservatives would have done everything in their power to stall the process. So instead of getting an excess of $1.25 trillion, where $800 billion could be appropriated towards infrastructure, we got $800 billion with more than half of the funds appropriated towards tax cuts and state budget support.
    Conservatives couldn't have stopped anything so stop with the revisionist history. Fact the stimulus plan was enough money but it was spent on the wrong issues. There was no need to bailout state shortfalls as that was the states' responsibility and all it did was allow the states to shirk that responsibility. The tax cuts were mostly tax transfers from those that pay taxes to those that don't, little value at all and too many strings attached. We didn't get what was promised so the answer now is not enough was spent, that is bs as the money was wasted instead of being well spent to grow the private sector.

  2. #82
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Conservatives couldn't have stopped anything so stop with the revisionist history. Fact the stimulus plan was enough money but it was spent on the wrong issues. There was no need to bailout state shortfalls as that was the states' responsibility and all it did was allow the states to shirk that responsibility. The tax cuts were mostly tax transfers from those that pay taxes to those that don't, little value at all and too many strings attached. We didn't get what was promised so the answer now is not enough was spent, that is bs as the money was wasted instead of being well spent to grow the private sector.
    If congress could pass whatever it wanted, why did they stop short with stimulus spending and enact health care overhauls without a public option? The fact is, you have no business discussing topics such as fiscal and monetary policy, as you require heroic assumptions in order to rationalize the policy. The fact is, the dems needed to entice the repubs by incorporating tax cuts and keeping the nominal estimate below $1 trillion, and had to do away with the public option when they passed health care.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #83
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    If congress could pass whatever it wanted, why did they stop short with stimulus spending and enact health care overhauls without a public option? The fact is, you have no business discussing topics such as fiscal and monetary policy, as you require heroic assumptions in order to rationalize the policy. The fact is, the dems needed to entice the repubs by incorporating tax cuts and keeping the nominal estimate below $1 trillion, and had to do away with the public option when they passed health care.
    Why?because they couldn't sell the Blue Dog Democrats. Obama couldn't hold his own party on implementing a socialist agenda. Keep revising history, maybe when the next history books come out they will remind you what you missed during the last year.

  4. #84
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why?because they couldn't sell the Blue Dog Democrats. Obama couldn't hold his own party on implementing a socialist agenda.
    So you are admitting that i am correct; democrats could not pass whatever they wanted and concessions were vital to enacting policy.

    Go figure.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #85
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    So you are admitting that i am correct; democrats could not pass whatever they wanted and concessions were vital to enacting policy.

    Go figure.
    LOL, yep, you are right, as you always claim you are, Obama couldn't pass the healthcare bill with a socialist single payer program because of his own party balking and zero Republican support so he took the incremental approach knowing that when people cannot get in to see a doctor because of overcrowding and hospitals are full that they will demand the govt. jump in and take over the system giving them what they wanted in the first place, single payer.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    If congress could pass whatever it wanted, why did they stop short with stimulus spending and enact health care overhauls without a public option? The fact is, you have no business discussing topics such as fiscal and monetary policy, as you require heroic assumptions in order to rationalize the policy. The fact is, the dems needed to entice the repubs by incorporating tax cuts and keeping the nominal estimate below $1 trillion, and had to do away with the public option when they passed health care.
    You should know this. First-off, Obama had two choices, compromise with the Republicans, or take his majorities and say "to heck with the Republicans", dealing with only his own party hold-outs. He chose the latter, telling the Republicans to take a hike. But this was not without its own pratfalls within his own party. The holdup was always in the Senate, until final reconciliation, when Pelosi had to make some cosmetic House deals as well, but it was the Senate that twisted arms. Cause Obama needed every last Democrat Senator to get 60. So he sold out with such as the Cornhusker Kickback (Ben Nelson's vote), Louisiana Purchase (Landrieu's vote), and the Florida Flim Flam (Bill Nelson's vote). He only got Lieberman from CT if he dropped the more obvious single-payer verbage.

    Obama chose partisanship, not Republicans. The rest is history ... at least through Nov 2nd anyway
    Last edited by Eighty Deuce; 11-17-10 at 08:44 PM.

  7. #87
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    I do not believe democrats are blameless for the fiscal and health care blunder. The stimulus was too small and poorly constructed (tax cuts/incentives) and the so called health care reform did not come with a public policy. Political allegiance is for ideologues. They would watch their country suffer rather than admit their ideology was wrong.

    Doesn't mean i cannot point out the facts.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #88
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    I do not believe democrats are blameless for the fiscal and health care blunder. The stimulus was too small and poorly constructed (tax cuts/incentives) and the so called health care reform did not come with a public policy. Political allegiance is for ideologues. They would watch their country suffer rather than admit their ideology was wrong.

    Doesn't mean i cannot point out the facts.
    As usual, I disagree with a couple things and agree with a couple, first that the Democrats are indeed not blameless for the fiscal and health care blunder as they controlled the entire legislative process including a time when they had a filibuster proof Senate. I also believe the stimulus was very poorly constructed and since it was poorly constructed we don't know if it was too small or not. Reagan got us out of a worse recession at much lower the cost.

    As for the healthcare bill, are you trying to tell me that this country needs the public option? Where are you going to find doctors and hospitals to participate? The public option takes incentive out of the process and thus will destroy the economy like it has in Europe. Most countries there are trying to undo decades of socialism. There is no way that the public option makes this country stronger economically.

  9. #89
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The public option takes incentive out of the process

    What is the incentive? Is to heal people or is it to make a buck?

  10. #90
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What is the incentive? Is to heal people or is it to make a buck?
    LOL, is that a joke? Try to get an appointment with the public option.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •