Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 244

Thread: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

  1. #41
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,261

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And I will give you the facts, which of course you will ignore. Here are the EMPLOYMENT numbers for GW Bush and notice what happened from 2001 to the end of 2007 and then try, and I know this is really really hard, to understand what happened in 2001 and then what happened in 2008. Then pay attention to what has happened in 2010 after the recession ended in June 2009. Of course this will go right over your head.

    Notice employment in December 137.6 million and December 2007 146.2 or an 8.6 million increase. Then at the end of his term it was 143.2

    Obama takes office and through October 139.4 or a 3.8 million employment drop. Guess the population didn't grow. during that period of time which is normally your argument. Of course there is the argument that Obama inherited the worst recession since the Great Depression which of course NBER states ended in June 2009. So here we are well over a year later after the end of the recession and Obama's policies are a disaster. The voters got it, when will you?

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec

    1980 99879 99995 99713 99233 98945 98682 98796 98824 99077 99317 99545 99634
    1981 99955 100191 100571 101056 101048 100298 100693 100689 100064 100378 100207 99645
    1982 99692 99762 99672 99576 100116 99543 99493 99633 99504 99215 99112 99032
    1983 99161 99089 99179 99560 99642 100633 101208 101608 102016 102039 102729 102996
    1984 103201 103824 103967 104336 105193 105591 105435 105163 105490 105638 105972 106223
    1985 106302 106555 106989 106936 106932 106505 106807 107095 107657 107847 108007 108216
    1986 108887 108480 108837 108952 109089 109576 109810 110015 110085 110273 110475 110728
    1987 110953 111257 111408 111794 112434 112246 112634 113057 112909 113282 113505 113793
    1988 114016 114227 114037 114650 114292 114927 115060 115282 115356 115638 116100 116104
    1989 116708 116776 117022 117097 117099 117418 117472 117655 117354 117581 117912 117830
    1990 119081 119059 119203 118852 119151 118983 118810 118802 118524 118536 118306 118241
    1991 117940 117755 117652 118109 117440 117639 117568 117484 117928 117800 117770 117466
    1992 117978 117753 118144 118426 118375 118419 118713 118826 118720 118628 118876 118997
    1993 119075 119275 119542 119474 120115 120290 120467 120856 120554 120823 121169 121464
    1994 121966 122086 121930 122290 122864 122634 122706 123342 123687 124112 124516 124721
    1995 124663 124928 124955 124945 124421 124522 124816 124852 125133 125388 125188 125088
    1996 125125 125639 125862 125994 126244 126602 126947 127172 127536 127890 127771 127860
    1997 128298 128298 128891 129143 129464 129412 129822 130010 130019 130179 130653 130679
    1998 130726 130807 130814 131209 131325 131244 131329 131390 131986 131999 132280 132602
    1999 133027 132856 132947 132955 133311 133378 133414 133591 133707 133993 134309 134523
    2000 136559 136598 136701 137270 136630 136940 136531 136662 136893 137088 137322 137614
    2001 137778 137612 137783 137299 137092 136873 137071 136241 136846 136392 136238 136047
    2002 135701 136438 136177 136126 136539 136415 136413 136705 137302 137008 136521 136426
    2003 137417 137482 137434 137633 137544 137790 137474 137549 137609 137984 138424 138411
    2004 138472 138542 138453 138680 138852 139174 139556 139573 139487 139732 140231 140125
    2005 140245 140385 140654 141254 141609 141714 142026 142434 142401 142548 142499 142752
    2006 143142 143444 143765 143794 144108 144370 144229 144631 144797 145292 145477 145914
    2007 146032 146043 146368 145686 145952 146079 145926 145685 146193 145885 146483 146173
    2008 146421 146165 146173 146306 146023 145768 145515 145187 145021 144677 143907 143188
    2009 142221 141687 140854 140902 140438 140038 139817 139433 138768 138242 138381 137792
    2010 138333 138641 138905 139455 139420 139119 138960 139250 139391
    Hilarious:

    Real Growth from 2000 till 2009: $136,559 billion grew to $142,221 billion.

    GDP increased by less than $600 billion within a span of 8 years. Around 4% for the span, or <0.5% per year. Congratulations.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #42
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Hilarious:

    Real Growth from 2000 till 2009: $136,559 billion grew to $142,221 billion.

    GDP increased by less than $600 billion within a span of 8 years. Around 4% for the span, or <0.5% per year. Congratulations.
    What the hell are you babbling about, read the charts, those are the employment numbers not economic growth.

    GDP by year

    GDP
    1980 2,788.10
    1981 3,126.80
    1982 3253.20
    1983 3534.60
    1984 3930.90
    1985 4217.50
    1986 4460.10
    1987 4736.40
    1988 5100.40
    1989 5482.10
    1990 5800.50
    1991 5992.10
    1992 6342.30
    1993 6667.40
    1994 7085.20
    1995 7414.70
    1996 7838.50
    1997 8332.40
    1998 8793.50
    1999 9353.50
    2000 9951.50
    2001 10286.20
    2002 10642.30
    2003 11142.10
    2004 11867.80
    2005 12638.40
    2006 13398.90
    2007 14077.60
    2008 14441.40
    2009 14256.30
    Last edited by Conservative; 11-15-10 at 11:45 PM.

  3. #43
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,261

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And I will give you the facts, which of course you will ignore. Here are the EMPLOYMENT numbers for GW Bush and notice what happened from 2001 to the end of 2007 and then try, and I know this is really really hard, to understand what happened in 2001 and then what happened in 2008. Then pay attention to what has happened in 2010 after the recession ended in June 2009. Of course this will go right over your head.

    Notice employment in December 137.6 million and December 2007 146.2 or an 8.6 million increase. Then at the end of his term it was 143.2

    Obama takes office and through October 139.4 or a 3.8 million employment drop. Guess the population didn't grow. during that period of time which is normally your argument. Of course there is the argument that Obama inherited the worst recession since the Great Depression which of course NBER states ended in June 2009. So here we are well over a year later after the end of the recession and Obama's policies are a disaster. The voters got it, when will you?
    Oh, i did not see a link.

    Edit: 2.625% real annualized growth from 2001-2009

    EditII: 2.25 real annualized growth; i used the term from 2000 instead of 2001.
    Last edited by Kushinator; 11-15-10 at 11:57 PM.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #44
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Oh, i did not see a link.
    Not going to waste my time on you as facts just get in the way of your rants. The information is from bls.gov. Suggest you go there and get educated.

  5. #45
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,261

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not going to waste my time on you as facts just get in the way of your rants. The information is from bls.gov. Suggest you go there and get educated.
    Again: 2.25% real annualized growth per year. Sorry, watching the Eagles dominate.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #46
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Again: 2.25% real annualized growth per year. Sorry, watching the Eagles dominate.
    Apparently you don't know the difference between the Bureau of Labor Statistics and Bureau of Economic Analysis. Anyway Obama predicted 4% economic growth and we need at least that to make any dent in the unemployment.

  7. #47
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,261

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Apparently you don't know the difference between the Bureau of Labor Statistics and Bureau of Economic Analysis. Anyway Obama predicted 4% economic growth and we need at least that to make any dent in the unemployment.
    The only ones who care what Obama predicted (i would love to see a link to his 4% annual real growth prediction) are his political opposition. Quarter 3 2009 had 5% real growth, which was entirely driven by stimulus spending. Now imagine a real stimulus package that focused on infrastructure in its entirety, in the tune of $1.5 trillion or more. There would be no need for QEII.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #48
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    The only ones who care what Obama predicted (i would love to see a link to his 4% annual real growth prediction) are his political opposition. Quarter 3 2009 had 5% real growth, which was entirely driven by stimulus spending. Now imagine a real stimulus package that focused on infrastructure in its entirety, in the tune of $1.5 trillion or more. There would be no need for QEII.
    I can imagine a much better President but that isn't going to happen until 2012.

    Why does anyone bother to give you a link to anything as you ignore the link? Google it. Obama had a Democrat Congress and didn't get the job done.

    All Obama did was bailout his constituent group and we saw the results. Let's see how honest you really are, what created that 5% economic growth the quarter 3 2009? Then what happened to economic growth from that qtr on?

  9. #49
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,261

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I can imagine a much better President but that isn't going to happen until 2012.

    Why does anyone bother to give you a link to anything as you ignore the link? Google it. Obama had a Democrat Congress and didn't get the job done.

    All Obama did was bailout his constituent group and we saw the results. Let's see how honest you really are, what created that 5% economic growth the quarter 3 2009? Then what happened to economic growth from that qtr on?
    Quarter 4 2009 US GDP growth was highly attributed to inventory restocking. If you subtract inventory restocking, the economy grew @ 1.7%. This is an interesting swing given QI 2009 growth was -5.5%.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  10. #50
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Quarter 4 2009 US GDP growth was highly attributed to inventory restocking. If you subtract inventory restocking, the economy grew @ 1.7%. This is an interesting swing given QI 2009 growth was -5.5%.
    Yes, that is normally what happens when a recession ends, the economy grows. The recession ended in June 2009 yet the economy continues to flounder as evidenced by the current economic growth and job creation. Compare the economic results after the recession ended in June 2009 to the economic results after other recessions ended. Obama leadership led to these meager results and why he was shellacked on Nov. 2. Results matter more than rhetoric. Obama lied and the American people woke up.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •