Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 244

Thread: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

  1. #231
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Read better. You're not stating my position correctly. Even creating jobs is not controlling the economy. As you note, dispite creating jobs, the economy was not controlled or saved. It merely helped some not suffer as much as they would or could have. That is not control.
    I don't think you even understand your OWN position. Now jobs apparently don't affect the economy either? Glad to hear that unemployment also doesn't affect the economy. You really are confused.

  2. #232
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't think you even understand your OWN position. Now jobs apparently don't affect the economy either? Glad to hear that unemployment also doesn't affect the economy. You really are confused.
    Again, read better. I'll repeat my argument for just as I wrote it before: While I don't argue the government has no effect, I do argue it has no siginificant effect. The government cannot control the economy as other factors mean much more than anything the government does.

    Now, read slower. Take notes. Maybe ask someone to help.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #233
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Boo Radley

    Now, read slower. Take notes. Maybe ask someone to help.
    Nah, better not, it will just get me a early Xmas card from a mod.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  4. #234
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, read better. I'll repeat my argument for just as I wrote it before: While I don't argue the government has no effect, I do argue it has no siginificant effect. The government cannot control the economy as other factors mean much more than anything the government does.

    Now, read slower. Take notes. Maybe ask someone to help.
    Now apparently it all depends on the definition of significant? Did you support Clinton as well? You really don't have a clue how our economy works as you are all over the place now yet still backed into a corner. Let's see you convince anyone else that a 3.6 trillion dollar Federal Govt. doesn't impact the economy? That doesn't fly nor does your argument on any other issue. you really need to cut your losses.

  5. #235
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Nah, better not, it will just get me a early Xmas card from a mod.
    I assure you that reading isn't a problem but following the Boo bouncing ball is.

  6. #236
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Now apparently it all depends on the definition of significant? Did you support Clinton as well? You really don't have a clue how our economy works as you are all over the place now yet still backed into a corner. Let's see you convince anyone else that a 3.6 trillion dollar Federal Govt. doesn't impact the economy? That doesn't fly nor does your argument on any other issue. you really need to cut your losses.
    I even define for you: The government cannot control the economy as other factors mean much more than anything the government does.

    There's no bouncing and nothign that is ahrd to follow.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #237
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Now apparently it all depends on the definition of significant? Did you support Clinton as well? You really don't have a clue how our economy works as you are all over the place now yet still backed into a corner. Let's see you convince anyone else that a 3.6 trillion dollar Federal Govt. doesn't impact the economy? That doesn't fly nor does your argument on any other issue. you really need to cut your losses.
    I even define for you: The government cannot control the economy as other factors mean much more than anything the government does.

    There's no bouncing and nothing that is hard to follow.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #238
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I even define for you: The government cannot control the economy as other factors mean much more than anything the government does.

    There's no bouncing and nothign that is ahrd to follow.
    You are losing it, take a deep breath, get away from the computer, and come back with a clearer head. No one buys the rhetoric that a 3.6 trillion dollar Federal Govt. with 60% of that entitlement spending doesn't impact the economy. I am sure a day or two would allow you to come back with a clearer mind.

  9. #239
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I assure you that reading isn't a problem but following the Boo bouncing ball is.
    Talk about a bouncing ball, go look at your post today, starting with your first one where you say “you are still diverting from the thread topic “and the rest of your post are devoted to diverting from the thread topic.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  10. #240
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Talk about a bouncing ball, go look at your post today, starting with your first one where you say “you are still diverting from the thread topic “and the rest of your post are devoted to diverting from the thread topic.
    The thread topic is about Obama heralds 1.1M Private Sector jobs created since January and everything I have posted is on topic. Obama and his control of the economy, the 4 million net job lost, Boo's claim that he doesn't impact the economy. So which is it as you liberals all try to defend each other?

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •