Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 244

Thread: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

  1. #221
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Who exactly then affects the economy since you don't believe the President has any influence? Obviously taxes in your world don't affect a consumer driven economy. You actually believe that people with less money spend more because that is what happens when withholding goes up?

    What I blame you for is supporting economic policy that costs jobs, not increases incentive to create jobs. I don't think you really have a clue how our econom works, the 4 components, and the affect Congress and the President have on it. Somehow not it is spending cuts and tax increases that will pay down the 14 trillion dollar debt. There is no way you can increase taxes enough to make a dent in the debt without totally destroying the economy. Is that your real goal so the govt. can become bigger and stronger?
    There are many things that effect the economy. That's why it cycles. Supply, demand, other countries and their cheaper labor and prices, the oil market, the housing market, the stock market, default on debt, interest rates, consumer confidence, are just a few that affect the economy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #222
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    There are many things that effect the economy. That's why it cycles. Supply, demand, other countries and their cheaper labor and prices, the oil market, the housing market, the stock market, default on debt, interest rates, consumer confidence, are just a few that affect the economy.
    So why then do we have a Congress and a President if cycles are all that matter? I believe you are totally naive when it comes to economic issues as apparently you don't believe economic policy by govt. affects labor and prices, the stock market, debt and debt service, interest rates, consumer confidence. Apparently in your dream world govt. is irrelevant.

  3. #223
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So why then do we have a Congress and a President if cycles are all that matter? I believe you are totally naive when it comes to economic issues as apparently you don't believe economic policy by govt. affects labor and prices, the stock market, debt and debt service, interest rates, consumer confidence. Apparently in your dream world govt. is irrelevant.
    Believe it or not, the economy isn't their only reason for being. And while I don't absolutely no effect, I do claim no significant effect. Compared to the other elements, governments role is not enough to control it. If they could, it would never be bad. So, I'm not sure it's not you who is the naive one.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #224
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Believe it or not, the economy isn't their only reason for being. And while I don't absolutely no effect, I do claim no significant effect. Compared to the other elements, governments role is not enough to control it. If they could, it would never be bad. So, I'm not sure it's not you who is the naive one.
    I stand by my statement that you are very naive and really don't know how our economy works. I will put my experience and economic record up against yours any day of the week. Absolutely amazing that you don't believe a 3.6 trillion dollar govt. doesn't affect our economy. "Your" President took a shellacking on Nov. 2, 2010 and every President in history has been affected by economic RESULTS so you are in a minority here believing that the President and Congress have little impact on the economy.

  5. #225
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I stand by my statement that you are very naive and really don't know how our economy works. I will put my experience and economic record up against yours any day of the week. Absolutely amazing that you don't believe a 3.6 trillion dollar govt. doesn't affect our economy. "Your" President took a shellacking on Nov. 2, 2010 and every President in history has been affected by economic RESULTS so you are in a minority here believing that the President and Congress have little impact on the economy.
    Yeah, I stand by tall blondes are fun, so?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #226
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yeah, I stand by tall blondes are fun, so?
    "Obama Herales 1.1M Private sector Jobs Created since January" so are you telling me that the President lied? The official numbers show a net of 4 million jobs lost.

  7. #227
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    "Obama Herales 1.1M Private sector Jobs Created since January" so are you telling me that the President lied? The official numbers show a net of 4 million jobs lost.
    Nope. I don't know for sure if that number is accurate or not. But I do some jobs were created, yes. ANd the only ones the president can take credit for are the ones that used money he worked to have spent on those jobs.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #228
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope. I don't know for sure if that number is accurate or not. But I do some jobs were created, yes. ANd the only ones the president can take credit for are the ones that used money he worked to have spent on those jobs.
    Oh, I see, so now the President can create or save jobs when you have stated that the President and Congress don't have any affect on the jobs. Which is it?

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    Nope. I don't know for sure if that number is accurate or not. But I do some jobs were created, yes. ANd the only ones the president can take credit for are the ones that used money he worked to have spent on those jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, I see, so now the President can create or save jobs when you have stated that the President and Congress don't have any affect on the jobs. Which is it?
    this ought to be good....

  10. #230
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, I see, so now the President can create or save jobs when you have stated that the President and Congress don't have any affect on the jobs. Which is it?
    Read better. You're not stating my position correctly. Even creating jobs is not controlling the economy. As you note, dispite creating jobs, the economy was not controlled or saved. It merely helped some not suffer as much as they would or could have. That is not control.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •