Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 244

Thread: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

  1. #211
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    [QUOTE=Grant;1059130279]

    No, it's because doctors are paying thousands of dollars each month for insurance in the states and in Canada they aren't. In the States doctors are "the rich". in Canada they aren't.



    Again, i never hinted at any such thing.

    Regarding Canada, the first time it happened was with tax dodgers. Now they're arriving in Canada for a broader variety of reasons, as was mentioned above.
    You said doctors were moving to Canada. Your words:

    . . . doctors and entrepreneurs also fall under that category, and Canada is getting them.

    So, if doctors fall into the category, being sucked out of the US, then you are suggesting that they have a better deal in Canada. And that would be true even if it is because of having to pay higher insurance premiums. (BTW, states have tackled tort reform without any real difference in or savings being noticed. Just saying . . . ).

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    [QUOTE=Boo Radley;1059131179]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post



    You said doctors were moving to Canada. Your words:

    . . . doctors and entrepreneurs also fall under that category, and Canada is getting them.

    So, if doctors fall into the category, being sucked out of the US, then you are suggesting that they have a better deal in Canada. And that would be true even if it is because of having to pay higher insurance premiums. (BTW, states have tackled tort reform without any real difference in or savings being noticed. Just saying . . . ).
    Sure, whatever you say.

  3. #213
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    [QUOTE=Grant;1059131333]
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post

    Sure, whatever you say.
    it's what you said. Your words.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    [QUOTE=Boo Radley;1059131341]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

    it's what you said. Your words.
    Can you not see where you say I am "suggesting" something? What's the matter with you?

    Respond to what I say, not what you thing I'm "suggesting". Is that so difficult?

  5. #215
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    [QUOTE=Grant;1059132183]
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post

    Can you not see where you say I am "suggesting" something? What's the matter with you?

    Respond to what I say, not what you thing I'm "suggesting". Is that so difficult?
    I did. You said doctors were in the group that would leave the country. So, you have to ask why? They would no go to a place worse for them. I'm trying to get you to see why I doubt your claim. I doubt doctors are leaving at all over taxes or anything like that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #216
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    [QUOTE=Boo Radley;1059133295]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

    I did. You said doctors were in the group that would leave the country. So, you have to ask why? They would no go to a place worse for them. I'm trying to get you to see why I doubt your claim. I doubt doctors are leaving at all over taxes or anything like that.
    I see not much has changed, you are still diverting from the thread topic and ignore that we have had a net job loss of 4 million since Obama took office and he has added 3 trillion to the debt. Awesome record, don't you think?

  7. #217
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    [QUOTE=Conservative;1059133299]
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post

    I see not much has changed, you are still diverting from the thread topic and ignore that we have had a net job loss of 4 million since Obama took office and he has added 3 trillion to the debt. Awesome record, don't you think?
    I'm addressing his point directly. I doubt his claim. And I doubt any presidents controls jobs and can't, unless of course you expect the president to hire everyone.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #218
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    [QUOTE=Boo Radley;1059133306]
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    I'm addressing his point directly. I doubt his claim. And I doubt any presidents controls jobs and can't, unless of course you expect the president to hire everyone.
    Amazing how Bush was accused of destroying the economy and bankrupting the country but now that Obama is in office he doesn't have any affect at all? The economic results we have today are the result of both the President and the Congress which in this case was Democrat controlled. So with a Democrat President and Congress, the Congress rubber stamped the Obama agenda and the results speak for themselves. Obama and Congress have lost 4 million jobs in 2 years. Congratulations, how is that hope and change working out for you?

  9. #219
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post

    Amazing how Bush was accused of destroying the economy and bankrupting the country but now that Obama is in office he doesn't have any affect at all? The economic results we have today are the result of both the President and the Congress which in this case was Democrat controlled. So with a Democrat President and Congress, the Congress rubber stamped the Obama agenda and the results speak for themselves. Obama and Congress have lost 4 million jobs in 2 years. Congratulations, how is that hope and change working out for you?
    You'd be hard pressed to find me actually blaming Bush for anything concerning the economy other than spending tax dollars on two needless wars. What I find incredible is that someone would blame Obama but excuse Bush. The fact is niether controls the economy, but both effected the debt. between the two, if we're going to spend, I'd rather spend it on things like health care and jobs than on needless wars, but that's just me.

    But, as I have said, the deficit needs to be addressed, and I think it should be addressed by both cutting spending and increasing taxes. But don't pretend any president controls the economy or the job market.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #220
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,302

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You'd be hard pressed to find me actually blaming Bush for anything concerning the economy other than spending tax dollars on two needless wars. What I find incredible is that someone would blame Obama but excuse Bush. The fact is niether controls the economy, but both effected the debt. between the two, if we're going to spend, I'd rather spend it on things like health care and jobs than on needless wars, but that's just me.

    But, as I have said, the deficit needs to be addressed, and I think it should be addressed by both cutting spending and increasing taxes. But don't pretend any president controls the economy or the job market.
    Who exactly then affects the economy since you don't believe the President has any influence? Obviously taxes in your world don't affect a consumer driven economy. You actually believe that people with less money spend more because that is what happens when withholding goes up?

    What I blame you for is supporting economic policy that costs jobs, not increases incentive to create jobs. I don't think you really have a clue how our econom works, the 4 components, and the affect Congress and the President have on it. Somehow not it is spending cuts and tax increases that will pay down the 14 trillion dollar debt. There is no way you can increase taxes enough to make a dent in the debt without totally destroying the economy. Is that your real goal so the govt. can become bigger and stronger?

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •