Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 244

Thread: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

  1. #201
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That was actually an older story about Canadian doctors returning to Canada. Here's a later one about American doctors moving to Canada. The last line in the story pretty much sums it up.

    Doctor drain turns to gain: Physicians move north
    Maybe that is what Obama was "heralding", private sector job creation in CANADA! We have a 4 million net job loss in this country since he took office so that has to mean employment was growing somewhere else?
    Last edited by Conservative; 11-28-10 at 11:27 AM.

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That was actually an older story about Canadian doctors returning to Canada. Here's a later one about American doctors moving to Canada. The last line in the story pretty much sums it up.

    Doctor drain turns to gain: Physicians move north
    It seems that the US left will support Obamacare, no drilling for oil and unsustainable debt in order to impress their ideology on the United States. The damage it will do the country appears to be dismissed, deliberately ignored or shrugged off. It is no longer what's in the best interest of the country, but how can our (seriously unexamined) ideology win.

    They seem to forget what made the United States a magnet for the oppressed for over 200 years and want to turn it into the sort of place from which people once fled. And in fact, like western Europe, that process has begun. While the "tax the rich" scheme may make for short term clever politics it is doing untold damage to America's future. Any time a particular group is being targeted by politicians then that group will seek safe harbour elsewhere, if they can. Now "the rich" (including doctors) will flee, and soon after the upper middle classes. It will destroy the entrepreneurial spirit that made the United States such a great and exciting nation.

    All of this is not to Canada's gain, but to the world''s loss.

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Maybe that is what Obama was "heralding", private sector job creation in CANADA! We have a 4 million net job loss in this country since he took office so that has to mean employment was growing somewhere else?
    Canada has about the same rate of employment as the US, if i recall, but our generous social programs hide the fact that there is a lot of work available but people don't feel the need to work yet.

    Canada is relying on its natural resources to pay for its present life style, much like Norway perhaps, but I'm not convinced this is good long term strategy. Canada leans naturally to the left so the money we are making now through oil etc. will be going towards demands for more social programs rather than paying off debts or following budgetary guidelines. Any gloating on Canada's part might well be short term, especially if either of the opposition parties get in.

  4. #204
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    There was an expert on a news program a few days back who said most people don't look of work until they get to within a week of benefits ending, which means the extensions of benefits hurts the numbers.

    Also keep in mind that if the Government says the rate is 10% it's really closer 15% to 18% because they changed the way these numbers are calculated way back in the 80s when over night the rates dropped dramatically.

    As has been said and restated many times there has been no net jobs created in two years and the losses are still a serious net loss.

    Our economy is mostly reliant on people felling good about tomorrow if Obama, Biden, Pelosi and Reid would just go away the economy would most likely rebound much faster.
    Everything is based on one of the things Obama killed out right for most Americans, one of the many things he promised and failed to deliver because he's in way over his head, and that is Hope.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It seems that the US left will support Obamacare, no drilling for oil and unsustainable debt in order to impress their ideology on the United States. The damage it will do the country appears to be dismissed, deliberately ignored or shrugged off. It is no longer what's in the best interest of the country, but how can our (seriously unexamined) ideology win.

    They seem to forget what made the United States a magnet for the oppressed for over 200 years and want to turn it into the sort of place from which people once fled. And in fact, like western Europe, that process has begun. While the "tax the rich" scheme may make for short term clever politics it is doing untold damage to America's future. Any time a particular group is being targeted by politicians then that group will seek safe harbour elsewhere, if they can. Now "the rich" (including doctors) will flee, and soon after the upper middle classes. It will destroy the entrepreneurial spirit that made the United States such a great and exciting nation.

    All of this is not to Canada's gain, but to the world''s loss.
    So, Canada's system is better, is this your argument?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    So, Canada's system is better, is this your argument?
    No, it's not.

  7. #207
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No, it's not.
    That seems to be your argument. If doctors are leaving here for it, they muct have a better system. Or are doctors just stupid?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That seems to be your argument. If doctors are leaving here for it, they muct have a better system. Or are doctors just stupid?
    I can't control how what I say might "seem" to you. You asked me "So, Canada's system is better, is this your argument?" and it obviously was not. Your question wasn't clear whether you meant the political system. tax system, immigration system, medical system or what.

    Right now Obamacare coupled with the class warfare going on in the United States (tax the rich), as well as the deepening rift between the red and blue states, left vs right, and the overall meanness happening, some people are moving to Canada. The corporate taxes are significantly lower and of course there is easy access to the US market.

    If you mean political systems I think the American is better because there is better representation. But the United States has recently undergone the perfect storm, politically, and it could do serious long term harm to this once proud nation. Many can see that.

    Right now Canada is benefiting from the ineptness of the American leadership and their policies. I hope this will change and that both countries will be happy and prosper.

  9. #209
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I can't control how what I say might "seem" to you. You asked me "So, Canada's system is better, is this your argument?" and it obviously was not. Your question wasn't clear whether you meant the political system. tax system, immigration system, medical system or what.

    Right now Obamacare coupled with the class warfare going on in the United States (tax the rich), as well as the deepening rift between the red and blue states, left vs right, and the overall meanness happening, some people are moving to Canada. The corporate taxes are significantly lower and of course there is easy access to the US market.

    If you mean political systems I think the American is better because there is better representation. But the United States has recently undergone the perfect storm, politically, and it could do serious long term harm to this once proud nation. Many can see that.

    Right now Canada is benefiting from the ineptness of the American leadership and their policies. I hope this will change and that both countries will be happy and prosper.
    You forget, also business doesn't have to provide healthy insurance.

    However, the question followed your post in which you included doctors moving to Canada. For this to be so, doctors would have to favor that system, seeing it as a better option, wouldn't you agree?

    And this business moving or leaving the country, do you really suggest this only started under Obama?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama Heralds 1.1M Private Sector Jobs Created Since Jan.

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You forget, also business doesn't have to provide healthy insurance.

    However, the question followed your post in which you included doctors moving to Canada. For this to be so, doctors would have to favor that system, seeing it as a better option, wouldn't you agree?
    No, it's because doctors are paying thousands of dollars each month for insurance in the states and in Canada they aren't. In the States doctors are "the rich". in Canada they aren't.

    And this business moving or leaving the country, do you really suggest this only started under Obama?
    Again, i never hinted at any such thing.

    Regarding Canada, the first time it happened was with tax dodgers. Now they're arriving in Canada for a broader variety of reasons, as was mentioned above.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •