Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 301

Thread: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

  1. #61
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No one is asking for the exact cost, a ballpark number will suffice. India gave th 200 million a day and the Administration said that was a wild exaggeration. Based upon the lies this Administration has told it does seem that India has more credibility. Noticed you didn't respond to the question as to what you would have expected from the Bush Administration.
    And there goes any shred of credibility you had left. Afghanistan costs $190 million daily. Clinton's Africa trip cost around $4 million a day. You are explicitly arguing that there has been a truly astronomical increase in costs in twenty years.

    If we apply our brains, the $200 million suggests it is Rupees. Furthermore, if we examine current conversion rates, that $200 million is reduced to $4.5 million which in line with previous presidential trips.

    Your posts are excellent examples of why the Department of Ed needs to die.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #62
    Student TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-24-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    222

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Remember when Bush would travel and all the righties would be up in arms about how much those trips cost the taxpayers and how they demanded to know the exact cost of those trips because it was their money being spent?

    No? Me neither.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The claims are false because there is both no evidence that they are true, no circumstantial evidence they are true, parts of the story are 100 % false(34 warships for example) and because it is fairly safe to assume that the costs run about the normal for presidential travel, which shows us that the 2 billion number is only about 95 % or more inflated.
    This Administration has never been accurate on any prediction and has lied about their accomplishments so again, how do you know that they are right on this one? A ball park figure is what the Taxpayers deserve. There is no way that the number is 95% inflated based upon past Presidential trips. What is the purpose of this trip to India and what is the ballpark estimate as to the cost? Isn't it time for Obama to keep at least one campaign promise, transparency?

  4. #64
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    And there goes any shred of credibility you had left. Afghanistan costs $190 million daily. Clinton's Africa trip cost around $4 million a day. You are explicitly arguing that there has been a truly astronomical increase in costs in twenty years.

    If we apply our brains, the $200 million suggests it is Rupees. Furthermore, if we examine current conversion rates, that $200 million is reduced to $4.5 million which in line with previous presidential trips.

    Your posts are excellent examples of why the Department of Ed needs to die.
    Stop with the personal attacks and if you want to debate the issue I will do that with you but not with the condescending tone and mindless drivel and diversion that you usually offer. This has nothing to do with the Afghanistan War but everything to do with the current economic situation in the country. The taxpayers deserve an answer.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    Remember when Bush would travel and all the righties would be up in arms about how much those trips cost the taxpayers and how they demanded to know the exact cost of those trips because it was their money being spent?

    No? Me neither.
    I do remember that liberals questioned everything Bush did. Bush didn't have trillion dollar deficits and 16 million unemployed Americans. How many unemployed people could get benefits from eliminating the costs of this trip?

  6. #66
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    If a similar story came out about one of Bush' s trips I would have been very skeptical. As for your claim of a double standard, I don't buy your strawman argument.
    Of course you don't buy the double standard because you believe everything Obama tells you. How would giving the cost of the trip affect Obama security? With trillion dollar deficits and 16 million unemployed, is this trip and expense really necessary?

  7. #67
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I never once complained about Bush traveling, or the cost of that travel. For a president to go anywhere is expensive, that is just how it is. Did you complain about the cost of Bush's travel, and if not, why the hypocrisy of complaining now?
    Right now we have 16 million unemployed Americans, trillion dollar deficits, and an election that has told this Administration to stop spending. Obama is totally deaf to the spending and unemployment issues. Poor timing and insensitive to the plight of those unemployed and the state of the U.S. Economy.

  8. #68
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    And there goes any shred of credibility you had left. Afghanistan costs $190 million daily. Clinton's Africa trip cost around $4 million a day. You are explicitly arguing that there has been a truly astronomical increase in costs in twenty years.

    If we apply our brains, the $200 million suggests it is Rupees. Furthermore, if we examine current conversion rates, that $200 million is reduced to $4.5 million which in line with previous presidential trips.

    Your posts are excellent examples of why the Department of Ed needs to die.
    Actually, converting it to indian currency makes perfect sense! I can't believe I didn't think of that!

  9. #69
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,253

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    If you can't stand the competition, maybe you shouldn't enter the thread. The taxpayers don't need an answer beyond "It's a partisan lie, this trip is no more expensive than any other, nothing to see here."
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  10. #70
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Obama's agenda has costed America trillions. His "bad estimate" was a lie and a form of fear mongering.
    i don't believe you should accuse someone of lying when you have no proof. so, got proof?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •