Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 301

Thread: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

  1. #51
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Debunked by whom? The only way to debunk the 2 billion figure, is to make public the actual figure.

    Shouldn't be all that tuff, what with all that transparency Obama promised.
    Actually that is not the only way to debunk the story. Proving it false is all it takes, and has been done by a ton of sources, including factcheck.org, politifact, USAToday, WSJ, and many others. The trip is going to cost roughly what any other presidential trip overseas costs.

    But don't let me get in the way of fantasyland.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #52
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, when you google it you get the cost from India and a statement from this country that claims the cost is wildly overstated but no further details. Again had this been Bush what would you have requested regarding the cost of this trip?
    G-D it, the exact costs are secret because of security concerns which was the same policy during Bush. And no I wouldn't believed the stupid details, I'm not that gullible.


  3. #53
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually that is not the only way to debunk the story. Proving it false is all it takes, and has been done by a ton of sources, including factcheck.org, politifact, USAToday, WSJ, and many others. The trip is going to cost roughly what any other presidential trip overseas costs.

    But don't let me get in the way of fantasyland.
    Sounds like a double standard to me, the claims that this story is false due to a ton of sources is misleading information at best. There has been no such source as the govt. is tight lipped about the trip and has not given a cost estimate. That is what the taxpayers deserves. How about it, how much will the trip cost and if it were Bush wouldn't you demand more transparency?

  4. #54
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    G-D it, the exact costs are secret because of security concerns which was the same policy during Bush. And no I wouldn't believed the stupid details, I'm not that gullible.
    No one is asking for the exact cost, a ballpark number will suffice. India gave th 200 million a day and the Administration said that was a wild exaggeration. Based upon the lies this Administration has told it does seem that India has more credibility. Noticed you didn't respond to the question as to what you would have expected from the Bush Administration.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    G-D it, the exact costs are secret because of security concerns which was the same policy during Bush. And no I wouldn't believed the stupid details, I'm not that gullible.
    Here is the answer from Factcheck.org

    A: This highly doubtful claim originated with one Indian news agency quoting an anonymous source in Mumbai. The White House says it is "wildly exaggerated," and there’s no evidence to support such a huge figure.

    Obviously that doesn't answer the question or even give a ballpark figure yet you and all the other Obama supporters buy that as a credible answer. If Bush did it would it be credible? Where is your outrage over the double standard?

  6. #56
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sounds like a double standard to me, the claims that this story is false due to a ton of sources is misleading information at best. There has been no such source as the govt. is tight lipped about the trip and has not given a cost estimate. That is what the taxpayers deserves. How about it, how much will the trip cost and if it were Bush wouldn't you demand more transparency?
    The claims are false because there is both no evidence that they are true, no circumstantial evidence they are true, parts of the story are 100 % false(34 warships for example) and because it is fairly safe to assume that the costs run about the normal for presidential travel, which shows us that the 2 billion number is only about 95 % or more inflated.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #57
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,356

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    How would announcing the price of the trip affect security?

  8. #58
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Here is the answer from Factcheck.org

    A: This highly doubtful claim originated with one Indian news agency quoting an anonymous source in Mumbai. The White House says it is "wildly exaggerated," and there’s no evidence to support such a huge figure.

    Obviously that doesn't answer the question or even give a ballpark figure yet you and all the other Obama supporters buy that as a credible answer. If Bush did it would it be credible? Where is your outrage over the double standard?
    If a similar story came out about one of Bush' s trips I would have been very skeptical. As for your claim of a double standard, I don't buy your strawman argument.


  9. #59
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,294
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Here is the answer from Factcheck.org

    A: This highly doubtful claim originated with one Indian news agency quoting an anonymous source in Mumbai. The White House says it is "wildly exaggerated," and there’s no evidence to support such a huge figure.

    Obviously that doesn't answer the question or even give a ballpark figure yet you and all the other Obama supporters buy that as a credible answer. If Bush did it would it be credible? Where is your outrage over the double standard?
    I never once complained about Bush traveling, or the cost of that travel. For a president to go anywhere is expensive, that is just how it is. Did you complain about the cost of Bush's travel, and if not, why the hypocrisy of complaining now?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #60
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    I'd 'really' like to know how much this trip is costing... how many people are going... how many warships really are going into the area... etc.

    Does ANYONE have real verifiable numbers?
    Clinton's Africa trip cost around $3.9 million a day.

    And if we convert the $200 million as Rupees, Obama's trip is costing $4.5 million which when accounting for additional security and inflation is mundane really.

    The fact that Bachmann has no dicernable critical thinking skills is not news though.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •