Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 301

Thread: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

  1. #271
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The results do not compare with what would have happened, which is what you need to make the statement you did.
    What would have happened? You have a problem with actual results being posted but no problem making claims as to what would have happened? That is pretty funny and shows how desparate liberal Obama supporters are.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The results do not compare with what would have happened, which is what you need to make the statement you did.
    What would have happened? Other than speculation and supposition, do you 'know' what would have happened, with 100% certainty? Or, are you specualting or supposing?

  3. #273
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What would have happened? You have a problem with actual results being posted but no problem making claims as to what would have happened? That is pretty funny and shows how desparate liberal Obama supporters are.
    No one knows for sure, but there is a good chance that unemployment would have been higher and GDP would have been lower. This is a definite possibility that proves your comment wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #274
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No one knows for sure, but there is a good chance that unemployment would have been higher and GDP would have been lower. This is a definite possibility that proves your comment wrong.
    When you say there is a "good chance that unemploment" would be higher that is speculation because that is what you want to believe. What we have are actual results and that is all that matters regardless of the Obama spin and that of his supporters? do you believe it was the Federal Taxpayer obligation to bailout out teachers in various states without seeing if the states could handle it first? What would you expect a state to do if the Federal Govt. came to the state and offered money to save teacher's jobs?

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What would you expect a state to do if the Federal Govt. came to the state and offered money to save teacher's jobs?

  6. #276
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    When you say there is a "good chance that unemploment" would be higher that is speculation because that is what you want to believe. What we have are actual results and that is all that matters regardless of the Obama spin and that of his supporters? do you believe it was the Federal Taxpayer obligation to bailout out teachers in various states without seeing if the states could handle it first? What would you expect a state to do if the Federal Govt. came to the state and offered money to save teacher's jobs?
    It is also speculation to say that unemployment would not be higher, which was the point I was making. You get confused about these little details.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #277
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Keep my word? 2.0 GDP Growth third Qtr 2010? That is good news?

    Line 2009

    I 2009 -4.9
    II 2009 -.7
    III 2009 1.6
    IV 2009 5.0
    I 2010 3.7
    II 2010 1.7
    III 2010 2.0
    Nothing of which you have stated gives strength to your alternative. Historically, economic growth is heavily correlated to credit growth. Credit has contracted by around $1 trillion since late 2008; the simple fact that we have any instances of positive GDP growth is, in itself, impressive.

    BTW, i fixed your typo, quarter 4 GDP growth was 5% in 2009.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #278
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is also speculation to say that unemployment would not be higher, which was the point I was making. You get confused about these little details.
    The results matter, not speculation. Unemployment IS up after spending billions that was supposed to cap unemployment at 8%. Results matter, not your rhetoric and the American electorate spoke last Tuesday. I am not the one confused.

  9. #279
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No one knows for sure, but there is a good chance that unemployment would have been higher and GDP would have been lower. This is a definite possibility that proves your comment wrong.
    i'd say that would be a safe bet....we would have lost 2 auto makers, plus the trickle down from that...the loss of part suppliers, the loss of the suppliers of the part suppliers...so on and so forth...conservative seems to be in favor of just letting everything go to hell in a handbasket, and would have preferred that the government just stand by and watch the carnage..conservative isnt as well versed on the economy and how it works as he claims to be, as he fails to understand/comprehend the side effects of doing absolutely nothing....yet if this was allowed to happen, had nothing been done, and the unemployment rate was north of 15%, in conservative's opinion, everyone who would have applied for unemployment benefits would have been nothing but lazy and no good, worthless p.o.s., who are a drain on society, and don't want to work, and are content to suck on the government teat, regardless of the fact that there would not have been any jobs to be had. what was done, in my opinion, no matter how distasteful, and everyone knows it was expensive, was necessary to prevent a total meltdown.

  10. #280
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    i'd say that would be a safe bet....we would have lost 2 auto makers, plus the trickle down from that...the loss of part suppliers, the loss of the suppliers of the part suppliers...so on and so forth...conservative seems to be in favor of just letting everything go to hell in a handbasket, and would have preferred that the government just stand by and watch the carnage..conservative isnt as well versed on the economy and how it works as he claims to be, as he fails to understand/comprehend the side effects of doing absolutely nothing....yet if this was allowed to happen, had nothing been done, and the unemployment rate was north of 15%, in conservative's opinion, everyone who would have applied for unemployment benefits would have been nothing but lazy and no good, worthless p.o.s., who are a drain on society, and don't want to work, and are content to suck on the government teat, regardless of the fact that there would not have been any jobs to be had. what was done, in my opinion, no matter how distasteful, and everyone knows it was expensive, was necessary to prevent a total meltdown.
    What economists claim saved the economy was TARP and that was in October 2008. The stimulus plan has been a complete failure. The unemployment today is around 17% as contractors, part time employees and private sector business owners that don't qualify for unemployment payments are out of a job. I posted the CBS report on Unemployment which of course you either didn't pay any attention to or forgot. You want so badly to give Obama credit for something that you willingly ignore actual results. there is no proof that things could have been worse, only in your dreams.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •