Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 301

Thread: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

  1. #261
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    I find it hilarious that somebody else besides bat-**** crazy Michelle Backmann thinks Obama's trip cost $200 million per day. Also, any president must tell the American public approximately how much the trip will cost when it's none of their ****ing business.


  2. #262
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So let me see if I have this right, Obama gets passed and signs a 800+ billion stimulus plan and unemployment increased by over 4 million and you claim things could have been worse? How do you know things could have been worse? The country came out of recession in June 2009 so what did the Stimulus plan do to bring the country out of recession since in order to be out of recession there has to be two straight months of positive economic growth. If that happened, the stimulus spending hand't even taken place.
    GDP rose at an annualized rate of 3.5 percent in the third quarter, somewhat higher than consensus expectations and pulling the four-quarter GDP growth rate up from −3.8 percent to −2.3 percent. The third quarter's increase was driven in large part by a 3.4 percent jump in personal consumption expenditures, the largest quarterly gain in this component since the first quarter of 2007. Durable goods purchases spiked up 22.3 percent, reflecting the impact of the CARS program. Residential investment recovered much of what it had lost in the second quarter, growing 23.3 percent and gaining 7.5 percentage points (pp) in its four-quarter growth rate. The growth in residential investment was the first growth in this component since the fourth quarter of 2005.

    Other improvements could be seen in government spending and in the change in private inventories. Business fixed investment saw another quarterly decline, but this quarter’s 2.5 percent drop is small in comparison to last quarter’s 9.6 percent decline. Imports also outpaced exports, detracting from the growth in real GDP, even though exports grew for the first time in five quarters and imports grew for the first time in eight quarters.
    Source:

    P.S.: i see you did not keep your word
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #263
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Source:

    P.S.: i see you did not keep your word
    Keep my word? 2.0 GDP Growth third Qtr 2010? That is good news?

    Line 2009

    I 2009 -4.9
    II 2009 -.7
    III 2009 1.6
    IV 2010 5.0
    I 2010 3.7
    II 2010 1.7
    III 2010 2.0

  4. #264
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So let me see if I have this right, Obama gets passed and signs a 800+ billion stimulus plan and unemployment increased by over 4 million and you claim things could have been worse? How do you know things could have been worse? The country came out of recession in June 2009 so what did the Stimulus plan do to bring the country out of recession since in order to be out of recession there has to be two straight months of positive economic growth. If that happened, the stimulus spending hand't even taken place.
    Well, for example, there could have been a 5 million increase in unemployment. I don't know, nor am I claiming to know, You claimed to know that it wouldn't be worse, and yet have offered nothing to back that claim. Not one thing. Nada, zip, zilch. I repeat, all I did was point out that your claim that something was unquestionable, was in fact questionable. You have not yet even attempted to argue that fact, and just repeat the same old talking points.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I find it hilarious that somebody else besides bat-**** crazy Michelle Backmann thinks Obama's trip cost $200 million per day. Also, any president must tell the American public approximately how much the trip will cost when it's none of their ****ing business.
    In general, I agree this is a freaking stupid issue. However, government expenditures of my tax dollar certainly are my business, unless dosclosing the information even after the fact would compromise national security. I do not think disclosing the cost of this trip... no specifics, just the overall cost... would compromise national security.

    On a side note, one of the links earlier in the thread actually put the approximate cost in line with previous Presidential trips abroad.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    It has been almost a week now since republicans have been elected why haven't things turned around
    Because they have not taken charge yet. Not until the next session, as I suspect you already know.

  7. #267
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Well, for example, there could have been a 5 million increase in unemployment. I don't know, nor am I claiming to know, You claimed to know that it wouldn't be worse, and yet have offered nothing to back that claim. Not one thing. Nada, zip, zilch. I repeat, all I did was point out that your claim that something was unquestionable, was in fact questionable. You have not yet even attempted to argue that fact, and just repeat the same old talking points.
    What I provided were actual results, not projections, not opinions, and not talking points. The facts led to what happened last Tuesday and that leaves Obama supporters with nothing but spin.

  8. #268
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What I provided were actual results, not projections, not opinions, and not talking points. The facts led to what happened last Tuesday and that leaves Obama supporters with nothing but spin.
    Yet what you provided in no way proved your claim that I contradicted. You can't just say that something is true and expect every one will believe it if you don't back it up, which you have not done.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #269
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Yet what you provided in no way proved your claim that I contradicted. You can't just say that something is true and expect every one will believe it if you don't back it up, which you have not done.
    Keep diverting, the results show what happened and according to you that no way proves my claim? What exactly is my claim? I claim that there are 4 million more unemployed according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics and 3 trillion has been added to the debt since Obama took office according to the U.S. Treasury.

    We had an election last Tuesday in case you missed it, 682 Republican legislators took Democrat positions and took control of the House by capturing 60+ additional seats. Those historic numbers tell what the American majority think of the Obama results, results that you ignore.

  10. #270
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,312
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Keep diverting, the results show what happened and according to you that no way proves my claim? What exactly is my claim? I claim that there are 4 million more unemployed according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics and 3 trillion has been added to the debt since Obama took office according to the U.S. Treasury.

    We had an election last Tuesday in case you missed it, 682 Republican legislators took Democrat positions and took control of the House by capturing 60+ additional seats. Those historic numbers tell what the American majority think of the Obama results, results that you ignore.
    The results do not compare with what would have happened, which is what you need to make the statement you did.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •