Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 301

Thread: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

  1. #241
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Hypocrite. You yourself have contradicted this comment before... but then you were slamming Clinton and again defending Bush.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-par...post1058954005


    Obama took over in January 2009, in mid budget year put in place by Bush. Any debt/deficit from said budget is Bush's fault, not Obama. You can not have it both ways.
    Budgets are in place but budgets don't have to be spent. There was no 1.3 trillion dollar deficit proposed in the 2009 Budget. Bush didn't bailout out GM/Chrysler, Bush didn't sign the 800+ billion dollar stimulus, Bush didn't prevent the repayment of TARP from reducting the deficit. I thought you were smarter than this. Deficits are yearly, not cummulative and there is no way that Obama inherited the deficit he claimed because he helped create it.

  2. #242
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Hypocrite. You yourself have contradicted this comment before... but then you were slamming Clinton and again defending Bush.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-par...post1058954005



    Obama took over in January 2009, in mid budget year put in place by Bush. Any debt/deficit from said budget is Bush's fault, not Obama. You can not have it both ways.
    Much of the dept was caused by the deep recession that began under President Bush and that continues to be a problem while we climb out of the recession. Yeah, the recession offically ended, but the jobless still exists. The stimulus actually saved millions of jobs and without we would have been in a full fledged depression caused by the fat cats on Wall Street and President Bush looking the other way.


  3. #243
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Much of the dept was caused by the deep recession that began under President Bush and that continues to be a problem while we climb out of the recession. Yeah, the recession offically ended, but the jobless still exists. The stimulus actually saved millions of jobs and without we would have been in a full fledged depression caused by the fat cats on Wall Street and President Bush looking the other way.
    According to NBER the recession ended in June 2009 and there is no question that the policies of Obama are not making things better thus the drubbing he took on Tuesday. You claim the stimulus "saved" jobs but there is no way to substantiate that and the majority of the voters rejected that claim. I am confident that you took a civics class in school so go back to your civics class and remember what role Congress plays in the legislative process. The ones that looked the other way were the democrats as they were more interested in regaining the WH than keeping the economy out of recession. They had total control of Congress from January 2007 yet you blame Bush, interesting.

  4. #244
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    According to NBER the recession ended in June 2009 and there is no question that the policies of Obama are not making things better thus the drubbing he took on Tuesday. You claim the stimulus "saved" jobs but there is no way to substantiate that and the majority of the voters rejected that claim. I am confident that you took a civics class in school so go back to your civics class and remember what role Congress plays in the legislative process. The ones that looked the other way were the democrats as they were more interested in regaining the WH than keeping the economy out of recession. They had total control of Congress from January 2007 yet you blame Bush, interesting.
    That is questionable actually. Most likely the stimulus package did save and create jobs(almost certainly in fact), and things quite probably would have been worse without it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #245
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is questionable actually. Most likely the stimulus package did save and create jobs(almost certainly in fact), and things quite probably would have been worse without it.
    The stimulus package was for "shovel ready" projects, not bailout out teachers which is a state responsibility. There is no measurement of saved jobs because it cannot be proven. There is no evidence that the states wouldn't have saved those jobs instead of requiring a Federal bailout. That is just liberal spin that you continue to buy.

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The stimulus package was for "shovel ready" projects, not bailout out teachers which is a state responsibility. There is no measurement of saved jobs because it cannot be proven. There is no evidence that the states wouldn't have saved those jobs instead of requiring a Federal bailout. That is just liberal spin that you continue to buy.
    But I thought the President said there WERE no shovel ready projects after all...

  7. #247
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is questionable actually. Most likely the stimulus package did save and create jobs(almost certainly in fact), and things quite probably would have been worse without it.
    Exactly! In fact Think Progress has pointed out several cases where GOP congressmen have touted that stimulus has create jobs in their state/district.


  8. #248
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    But I thought the President said there WERE no shovel ready projects after all...
    This President has yet to tell the truth on any issue so not surprising that we have the results we have. The Obama brainwashed refuse to see what a fool he has made of them.

  9. #249
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The stimulus package was for "shovel ready" projects, not bailout out teachers which is a state responsibility. There is no measurement of saved jobs because it cannot be proven. There is no evidence that the states wouldn't have saved those jobs instead of requiring a Federal bailout. That is just liberal spin that you continue to buy.
    I think I must have confused you with phrases like "most likely" and "quite probably". You also seem confused in that you think what you just said disproved anything I said. The effectiveness of the stimulus is questionable, and it is questionable whether we would be better off without Obama's efforts on behalf of the economy. You claimed it was not, and yet offered zero evidence to back it up. I simply pointed out that your claim that there was "no question" was in fact false.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #250
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Bachmann Outraged Over Made Up Cost Of Obama's India Trip (VIDEO)

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Exactly! In fact Think Progress has pointed out several cases where GOP congressmen have touted that stimulus has create jobs in their state/district.
    What the Federal Govt. did was circumvent state responsibility which is what they continue to do. You bought that as a good thing? With all that good being done why did 682 state legislators change hands in Tuesday's elections? Seems that only the diehard Obama supporters see the stimulus results as positive.

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •