Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 251

Thread: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

  1. #241
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Haha, that reality thing of elitist snobs... I'll make my own reality!
    You mean like the rich kid who became preisdent? Bush?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    11-03-10 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    49

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sorry, absolutely correct, the elections were in 2002 that put the Republicans in power, my apology, too much coffee this morning. The results from 2003-2006 were quite different than liberals want to admit.
    Liberals want to focus on the entire Bush term than instead of looking at the years that matter. 2003-2007 saw GDP growth and tax revenue growth. The fact that the deficit went out of control and tax revenues relative to GDP never increased has very little, if anything to do with the overall state of the economy. I think GWB is the most underated president. Decades from now people will realize how intelligent he really was.

  3. #243
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by McCain2012 View Post
    Liberals want to focus on the entire Bush term than instead of looking at the years that matter. 2003-2007 saw GDP growth and tax revenue growth. The fact that the deficit went out of control and tax revenues relative to GDP never increased has very little, if anything to do with the overall state of the economy. I think GWB is the most underated president. Decades from now people will realize how intelligent he really was.
    In my younger days I used to play the same game you are playing and did it quite well. I am now too old to play that game but not to old to understand the role of the Federal Govt. and it is obvious to me that those attending that rally in D.C. have a very poor understanding of history and civics. Most buy what they are told but never verify the rhetoric. There are some great non partisan sites that give actual data for anyone that really cares to get the facts. Most however don't. Even though in jest you don't realize how accurate you are when you say, "decades from now people will realize how intelligent he was." GW Bush has a Degree from Yale and a MBA from Harvard. More importantly GW Bush understood the role of the govt. and is more revered today that he was while in office. Polls show him more popular today than Obama and the question is why?

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    and it is obvious to me that those attending that rally in D.C. have a very poor understanding of history and civics...
    What? the Glenn Beck rally?

  5. #245
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by McCain2012 View Post
    Liberals want to focus on the entire Bush term than instead of looking at the years that matter. 2003-2007 saw GDP growth and tax revenue growth. The fact that the deficit went out of control and tax revenues relative to GDP never increased has very little, if anything to do with the overall state of the economy. I think GWB is the most underated president. Decades from now people will realize how intelligent he really was.
    Actually what liberals want to ignore is that Obama could not inherit what he helped create and that the Democrat Controlled Congress was more concerned about regaining the WH than they were in governing the nation.

    The people at that rally are so out of touch with reality that they don't truly understand the role of the Federal Govt. but only on issues that they have no interest in but on others this liberal govt. is doing the right thing. The results are there for all to see but ignore.

  6. #246
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    What? the Glenn Beck rally?
    My bet is you didn't watch any of the Beck rally. How many signs did you see at that rally?

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    11-03-10 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    49

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    IGW Bush has a Degree from Yale and a MBA from Harvard.
    I agreed with everything you said except this. Education has nothing to do with how intelligent someone is. Libs try to say Obama is smart because he has degrees from Columbia and was president of the Harvard Law Review. In the '08 election they were trying to compare his academic credentials to John Mccains, who only has a bachelors degree and finished 2nd to last in his class, and Sarah Palin who only has a bachelors from an unranked shcool and took 6 years to get it after hopping around to many different schools. And what was the outcome? Well after 20 months in office I think we can all agree Hussein Obama is anything but intelligent.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by McCain2012 View Post
    I agreed with everything you said except this. Education has nothing to do with how intelligent someone is. Libs try to say Obama is smart because he has degrees from Columbia and was president of the Harvard Law Review. In the '08 election they were trying to compare his academic credentials to John Mccains, who only has a bachelors degree and finished 2nd to last in his class, and Sarah Palin who only has a bachelors from an unranked shcool and took 6 years to get it after hopping around to many different schools. And what was the outcome? Well after 20 months in office I think we can all agree Hussein Obama is anything but intelligent.
    Some would say he has a smart teleprompter.

  9. #249
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    What's tragic to me is how much time and energy so many people put into these partisan circle-jerks, and how many people think these pep rallies are of any significance.

    It will be really tough to explain to my daughter in twenty years why so many people fiddled while Rome burned. I think my generation deserves all the scorn we get from our kids in the decades to come.

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The people at that rally are so out of touch with reality that they don't truly understand the role of the Federal Govt. but only on issues that they have no interest in but on others this liberal govt. is doing the right thing. The results are there for all to see but ignore.
    Wow, so thats what all those signs while I was there really said. Or maybe it comes down to you don't understand them and they don't share your exact views and you reject them for this.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •