Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 251

Thread: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

  1. #231
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    I have to agree that honor was lost in this country, but it wasn't just recently. It happened over a series of decades when we started wars, interfered with existing governments, even democracies, and in general made a royal mess of things. We need to stop trying to export democracy at the point of a bayonet.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  2. #232
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-11-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    275

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I am as a well, I don't support amendments that restrict the people, that's not what the constitution is about. I think he may have felt the same way, why else would he go such a no win route?
    I'm sure President Bush also understood that if an amendment were to pass that it would be next to impossible to pass another amendment that rendered a gay marriage ban null and void. Given that the Constitution has only been changed 27 times since 1788, with 10 of those coming within the first 5 years, it would take quite a while to pass another amendment.

  3. #233
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,264

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman_Spiff View Post
    I'm sure President Bush also understood that if an amendment were to pass that it would be next to impossible to pass another amendment that rendered a gay marriage ban null and void. Given that the Constitution has only been changed 27 times since 1788, with 10 of those coming within the first 5 years, it would take quite a while to pass another amendment.


    what was the congressional make up at the time? It was a no win, everyone knew it.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #234
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-11-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    275

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    what was the congressional make up at the time? It was a no win, everyone knew it.
    Republicans controlled both Houses of Congress at the time, though both of their majorities were rather small.

    Even if President Bush knew it had no chance of passing I think it would have disappointed his social conservative base if he did not support it in some manner. Given that the 2004 Election was around the corner this was not a group that he could lose support from and still manage to win the upcoming election.

  5. #235
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman_Spiff View Post
    Republicans controlled both Houses of Congress at the time, though both of their majorities were rather small.

    Even if President Bush knew it had no chance of passing I think it would have disappointed his social conservative base if he did not support it in some manner. Given that the 2004 Election was around the corner this was not a group that he could lose support from and still manage to win the upcoming election.
    Actually the Senate was under Democrat control thanks to a couple indpendents. Republicans took control of Congress in 2003 elections

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    11-03-10 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    49

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Actually the Senate was under Democrat control thanks to a couple indpendents. Republicans took control of Congress in 2003 elections
    Yep. What's this guy gonna say next, the Bush ruined the economy? Lol. Haven't heard that garbage before either.

  7. #237
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-11-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    275

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Actually the Senate was under Democrat control thanks to a couple indpendents. Republicans took control of Congress in 2003 elections
    Actually in the 108th Congress the Republicans held 51 seats, enough to give them control of the Senate regardless of who Senator Jeffords chose to caucus with.

    By the way, the United States does not regularly hold federal elections in odd numbered years.

  8. #238
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by McCain2012 View Post
    Yep. What's this guy gonna say next, the Bush ruined the economy? Lol. Haven't heard that garbage before either.
    Yep, said over and over again by the liberal robots that ignore the actual results. I posted the actual results from 2003-2007 but liberals don't want to read those results. They prefer to spout the rhetoric and show how brainwashed they really are.

  9. #239
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman_Spiff View Post
    Actually in the 108th Congress the Republicans held 51 seats, enough to give them control of the Senate regardless of who Senator Jeffords chose to caucus with.

    By the way, the United States does not regularly hold federal elections in odd numbered years.
    Sorry, absolutely correct, the elections were in 2002 that put the Republicans in power, my apology, too much coffee this morning. The results from 2003-2006 were quite different than liberals want to admit.

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by McCain2012 View Post
    Yep. What's this guy gonna say next, the Bush ruined the economy? Lol. Haven't heard that garbage before either.
    Haha, that reality thing of elitist snobs... I'll make my own reality!

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •