Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 251

Thread: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

  1. #181
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Young star can marry any person of the opposite sex she/he wants or would have him/her. That is the law. you don't like the law, change it. Good luck with that. Marriage is the union between a man and a woman per the law.
    Already did in my state.

    Gay marriage ban overturned - latimes.com
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  2. #182
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    The people had their will overturned by activist judges. My state doesn't and never will recognize same sex marriage. That is the will of the people.

    This is way off topic and has nothing to do with the thread. you want to argue gay marriage start another thread.
    Last edited by Conservative; 11-01-10 at 06:13 PM.

  3. #183
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Because it is the law, change the law as we are a nation of laws where the majority rules. you can enter into a civil union and thus a contract but why is it so important for you to call it a marriage? You have the same equal protection as I have for and from the laws of the land.
    A civil union doesn't hold the same legal standing as a marriage. And your right, marriage between a man and a women is the law right now, and I'm saying that is in violation of the 14th Amendment. Provide me one reason why the state should restrict same sex marriage, based on gender?

  4. #184
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The people had their will overturned by activist judges. My state doesn't and never will recognize same sex marriage. That is the will of the people.
    Several decades ago, marriage was the union between a white man and a white woman per law, or a black man and a black woman per law, and this was overturned by activist judges. Do you want your state to revert back to the traditional form of American marriage?
    Last edited by Johnny DooWop; 11-01-10 at 06:16 PM.
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  5. #185
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    A civil union doesn't hold the same legal standing as a marriage. And your right, marriage between a man and a women is the law right now, and I'm saying that is in violation of the 14th Amendment. Provide me one reason why the state should restrict same sex marriage, based on gender?
    Good, that is the way it should be and that is why marriage was established. There is nothing in the Constitution that defines marriage and it is because of people like you that a Constitutional Amendment has to be considered. Better leave well enough alone and live with that civil union. why should a state restrict same sex marriage? Because that is the will of the people plus Tradition and Presidence
    Last edited by Conservative; 11-01-10 at 06:25 PM.

  6. #186
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Several decades ago, marriage was the union between a white man and a white woman per law, or a black man and a black woman per law, and this was overturned by activist judges. Do you want your state to revert back to the traditional form of American marriage?
    You want to discuss gay marriage start a thread. I am done with that topic on this thread.

  7. #187
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I wasn't the only one wrong about WMD but there were 22 reasons that were approved by the Democrat controlled Senate and WMD was only one of them. The world got it wrong but Saddam Hussein did have a WMD program and it was ready to be reconstituted. Saddam Hussein was a continuing and growing threat and Bush addressed it, like it or not.
    Hans Blix and the UN inspectors were in Iraq looking and not finding WMD; they had to leave because Bush was about to invade even there was no reason to invade.


  8. #188
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Hans Blix and the UN inspectors were in Iraq looking and not finding WMD; they had to leave because Bush was about to invade even there was no reason to invade.
    That is your opinion and hardly of value now. Bush isn't in office and the Iraq War is winding down. We have bigger problems today namely the Barack Obama Agenda that has generated disastrous results even in Oregon. By the way is Oregon going ot elect the first Republican Governor in over 20 years?

  9. #189
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You want to discuss gay marriage start a thread. I am done with that topic on this thread.
    Bye Bye!

    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  10. #190
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Good, that is the way it should be and that is why marriage was established. There is nothing in the Constitution that defines marriage and it is because of people like you that a Constitutional Amendment has to be considered. Better leave well enough alone and live with that civil union. why should a state restrict same sex marriage? Because that is the will of the people.
    People like me? Reasonable people who just want to have the same protections for the person I love, and our children like every other couple who wishes to choose to enter the contract of marriage. Yeah, seems like a reasonable thing to deny me that.
    And the will of the people is not enough, nor will it ever be enough in America, if it was, and you agree that the will of the people should define such things, then you must be against Brown v Board. Damn those activist judges forcing white people to accept black people! Seriously, you say you are a constitutionalist, but have you even read the document?

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •