Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 251

Thread: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

  1. #151
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Someone I knew is no longer here now due to a war that was badly mishandled and based on false pretenses.
    Three of my family members served in Iraq with two of them in the field. Yes, it was badly handled because of the left. We didn't fight the war to win because of the fear of civilian casualties. You can blame the left for your loss as they valued Iraqi civilian life over the lives of our soldiers. You don't fight PC wars, you fight to win.

    My family members said we did the right thing, I think we did the right thing, sorry for your loss but you really have a biased, partisan view that totally ignores the intelligence that the President had, intelligence that was supported by both parties and the world.

  2. #152
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    If we didn't vote because we're afraid one of the two political party's would make the same mistake, no one would vote. I can ask the same thing about 2008 and it didn't prevent people from voting in Obama for the Democrats.
    What would you say to a voter who comes from a military family, who's disgruntled about being led into a war that was based on false pretenses and then gravely mishandled? If he wants to avoid this in the future, should he continue to vote for Republican politicians who are endorsed by Bush and Cheney? Or would his vote be better placed with non-interventionist democrats?
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  3. #153
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Um, Bush is the one who wanted to FEDERALLY ban Same Sex Marriage, so you must disagree with Bush in this instance?
    Bill Clinton signed the Defense of Marriage Act. Nope, I agree with Bush since it is people like you that want your lifestyle thrust on me. You can get married in certain states around the nation but that marriage isn't recognized in other states and that is what is making it a Federal Issue. I support civil unions but strongly believe that marriage is between a man and a woman.

  4. #154
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You can blame the left for your loss
    In the initial stages of the war on terror, the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), under George Tenet, was rising to prominence as the lead agency in the Afghanistan war. But when Tenet insisted in his personal meetings with President Bush that there was no connection between al-Qaeda and Iraq, Vice-President Dick Cheney and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld initiated a secret program to reexamine the evidence and marginalize the CIA and Tenet. A major part of this program was a Pentagon unit known as the Office of Special Plans (OSP), created by Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz and headed by Douglas Feith to supply senior Bush administration officials with raw intelligence pertaining to Iraq, unvetted by intelligence analysts, and circumventing traditional intelligence gathering operations by the CIA. The questionable intelligence acquired by the OSP was "stovepiped" to Cheney and presented to the public. Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    I thought Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz were Republicans?
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  5. #155
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Um, Bush is the one who wanted to FEDERALLY ban Same Sex Marriage, so you must disagree with Bush in this instance?
    Bush was totally off base --- it's a States issue and should be handled at the state level only.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #156
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Um, Bush is the one who wanted to FEDERALLY ban Same Sex Marriage, so you must disagree with Bush in this instance?


    This is actually incorrect. what he wanted was the same thing Obama wants with DADT, he wanted a federal referendum on it.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #157
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bill Clinton signed the Defense of Marriage Act. Nope, I agree with Bush since it is people like you that want your lifestyle thrust on me. You can get married in certain states around the nation but that marriage isn't recognized in other states and that is what is making it a Federal Issue. I support civil unions but strongly believe that marriage is between a man and a woman.
    Homosexuals have thrust themselves on you? Have you previously been incarcerated in a prison or something? That is the only place I have heard of such actions occurring.
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  8. #158
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bill Clinton signed the Defense of Marriage Act. Nope, I agree with Bush since it is people like you that want your lifestyle thrust on me. You can get married in certain states around the nation but that marriage isn't recognized in other states and that is what is making it a Federal Issue. I support civil unions but strongly believe that marriage is between a man and a woman.
    And Clinton was wrong in doing so. See how easy that was, and the fact that you would go against your own belief that marriage is a states issue because you either A) You wan't to defend anyone with a R next to their name no matter what or B) That your so annoyed that I exist, and believe that I want to thrust my lifestyle on you(which couldn't be any further from the truth) that you would go against your belief that it is a state issue just to spite me. You are really showing your true colors here.
    Last edited by Your Star; 11-01-10 at 05:39 PM.

  9. #159
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Three of my family members served in Iraq with two of them in the field. Yes, it was badly handled because of the left. We didn't fight the war to win because of the fear of civilian casualties. You can blame the left for your loss as they valued Iraqi civilian life over the lives of our soldiers. You don't fight PC wars, you fight to win.
    PC war? You've got to be kidding, you don't remember Shock and Awe at the beginning, Fallujah? Besides the was over on May 1, 2003, but Bush let the place go to hell in hand basket.


  10. #160
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    This is actually incorrect. what he wanted was the same thing Obama wants with DADT, he wanted a federal referendum on it.
    The amendment would have limited marriage to one man, and one women, thus banning SSM, at a federal level.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •