Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 251

Thread: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

  1. #131
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Aw hugs sorry Star didn't see you post your joke I just read the last page from the 60 plus my rally was bigger naa mine was crap.
    Haha, no worries, I posted that weeks ago anyway

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Haha, no worries, I posted that weeks ago anyway
    Hugs and kisses for everyone even those that I disagree with yays

    At least I get the message that Jon Stewart wanted to say.




    Yes I am being a little hyper today and oh look a kitty.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Moderator's Warning:
    Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000Cool it now folks or I will flush this thread.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #134
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    You believe every single Bush policy, from economics, to politics to foreign policy, was successful? I don't know any president in history I can say that about. Do you then, believe that Bush was the greatest president in U.S. history?
    That is because you don't understand the role of the Federal Govt. I really suggest a history and civics lesson.

  5. #135
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    The ironic thing is.

    They have absolutely no problem doing it when its not their side.

    When Hazlnut did it to the Restore Honor Rally, they went crackers.

    Same as those who say it was ok to compare Bush to Hitler, and not ok to Compare Obama to Hitler and vice versa.

    Those who say its ok because "they did it" prove they're no better.

    Its sad, really sad.
    Of course. It is always OK when your side does it, but never OK when done to your side.

  6. #136
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,647

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Well, like I said before, walking into a rally and expecting smart answers is ridiculous (there was one poster a while back on another thread who argued with me that liberals are just better at responding on the fly about policy positions than conservatives, which is completely untrue). But, like some said before, while there were people with the sense to understand what the rally was supposed to be about, there were a lot of people who just use it to be a liberal rally. Some of those responses sound about on par with what I would expect from many average people who are liberals. Perception is supposedly reality, and I think a lot of people are naturally gravitational towards the extreme notions. "I agree with them more, so I consider that reality" as one person in the video said-sounds about right. Or, "Don't put Hitler 'staches on Obama...but I'll look the other way with Bush" mentality also sounds true.

    Partisanship makes the world go round and round.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 11-01-10 at 04:22 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #137
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Nice, but it doesn't change the fact this is a guy who OK'd the Fatwa against Salman Rushdie... and of all the artists they invited to a... Rally... to ... Restore ... Sanity... they chose someone who supported a religious and state assassination plan.

    And why was this man a threat? Writing a book.

    Perhaps we should invite those who want to kill cartoonists next time... or those that kill film makers.

    B R A I N ... D E A D.

    .
    There was a specific purpose as to why they invited him and it is obvious. If you had seen the segment that he appeared in, you would know this.

  8. #138
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is because you don't understand the role of the Federal Govt. I really suggest a history and civics lesson.
    Do you believe every single Bush policy was successful?
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  9. #139
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Frankly, I watched the Restore Hope/Sanity-Fear rally because I was curious to see how Stewart and Colbert would pull off a non-partisan event. I think they did a terrific job at calming the political storm that had brewed so out of porportion and had gotten so outlandish. The American people needed a laugh, and Stewart and Colbert delivered.

    Admittedly, I didn't watch much of the Glenn Beck/Sarah Palin rally because it was partisan and I really didn't want to hear another "anti-Christian, anti-military, anti-patriat, anti-American, unconstitutional" viewpoint. I've simply grown tired of hearing one side of the political divide claim these values as their own while denouncing the other. It's gotten old. I rather enjoyed the Stewart/Colbert rally because it was none of those things. Just good humor with good entertainment (love the Roots!) and just plain old "tellin' it like it is".
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 11-01-10 at 04:36 PM.

  10. #140
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    The ironic thing is.

    They have absolutely no problem doing it when its not their side.

    When Hazlnut did it to the Restore Honor Rally, they went crackers.

    Same as those who say it was ok to compare Bush to Hitler, and not ok to Compare Obama to Hitler and vice versa.

    Those who say its ok because "they did it" prove they're no better.

    Its sad, really sad.
    I didn't see the one at the Beck rally - but this didn't make these people look bad IMO. It just showed they were liberals ... but I thought most of them were okay. Why do you think this makes these people look bad?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •