Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 251

Thread: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

  1. #91
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Wasn't it the Bush-Chenney administration running our country for 8 of the last 10 years? That didn't work out to well. By your own logic, shouldn't we try voting for democrats for at least the next 6 years, in order to avoid "doing the same thing over again?"
    There it goes, this thread has became a partisan piss party. Way to feed the monster there
    Last edited by marduc; 11-01-10 at 02:25 PM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  2. #92
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Wasn't it the Bush-Chenney administration running our country for 8 of the last 10 years? That didn't work out to well. By your own logic, shouldn't we try voting for democrats for at least the next 6 years, in order to avoid "doing the same thing over again?"
    Only if you want to ignore the results from 2003-2007 when there was 52 months of strong economic growth and job creation. The people bought the rhetoric that you are trying to sell the public today and the results speak for themselves. Democrats took control of Congress and were more interested in regaining the WH than working to prevent the recession they helped create.

    Did you see GW Bush throw out the first pitch last night in Arlington and the reception he got? Did you see the Ohio Polls that have Bush more popular today than Obama? The American people have "buyer's remorse" and we will see that reality tomorrow.

  3. #93
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Maybe you ought to tell Stewart

    "I'm really happy you're here, even if none of us are really quite sure why we're here," Stewart said. "So, uh, what exactly was this? ... I can’t control what people think this was. I can only tell you my intentions." and then went on not to tell his intentions were.

    sounded to me like a protest rally of the 60's but this time the people protesting actually have their leadership in charge of the country thus don't have a clue.
    keep reading.... it was about 12 minutes or so of dialogue after that
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  4. #94
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    keep reading.... it was about 12 minutes or so of dialogue after that
    I read it and see the party for what it really was. In spite of the Stewart goal the rally was co-opted and became political. I actually like Jon Stewart but the reality is those that attended did so with different intent that Stewart had thus the first line is really the key one.

  5. #95
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    keep reading.... it was about 12 minutes or so of dialogue after that
    Did you see political signs at the Beck Rally? I said this rally was co-opted and here is an example to support that. Notice the political signs.

    The 100 Best Signs At The Rally To Restore Sanity And/Or Fear: Pics, Videos, Links, News

  6. #96
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I read it and see the party for what it really was. In spite of the Stewart goal the rally was co-opted and became political. I actually like Jon Stewart but the reality is those that attended did so with different intent that Stewart had thus the first line is really the key one.
    How does that "co-opt" the rally?

    Stewarts message didn't change because of any signs people held up. The message stayed the same, and like I said about Becks rally, the message is all that matters. Niether message was political.

    Why do you hate peoples freedom and rights to hold up signs they wanna hold up?

    You have yet to show how it was actually "co-opted".

  7. #97
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    How does that "co-opt" the rally?

    Stewarts message didn't change because of any signs people held up. The message stayed the same, and like I said about Becks rally, the message is all that matters. Niether message was political.

    Why do you hate peoples freedom and rights to hold up signs they wanna hold up?

    You have yet to show how it was actually "co-opted".
    There were no political signs at the Beck Rally which actually did what it was supposed to do, restore honor and it was all about honor. This turned into a political rally showing how insane liberals really are.

    I have no problem with freedom of speech and the right to hold signs but call it what it really was, a politcal rally of the insane!

  8. #98
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Ohhhh, baby... it's a wild world....
    I do miss Cat Stevens (and he will always be Cat Stevens to me).

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #99
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There were no political signs at the Beck Rally which actually did what it was supposed to do, restore honor and it was all about honor. This turned into a political rally showing how insane liberals really are.

    I have no problem with freedom of speech and the right to hold signs but call it what it really was, a politcal rally of the insane!
    Yep. Ok bud. Whatever you say.

    Btw... just wanted to ask. Where was honor lost? And why did a guy called Glenn Beck have to restore it?

    You know what. Nevermind. That was Rhetorical and exposes the delusions of those who support that entire train of thought.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Rally to Restore Sanity attendance estimated at 215,000

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Yep. Ok bud. Whatever you say.

    Btw... just wanted to ask. Where was honor lost? And why did a guy called Glenn Beck have to restore it?

    You know what. Nevermind. That was Rhetorical and exposes the delusions of those who support that entire train of thought.
    All you had to do was watch the Restoring Sanity rally to see where the honor was lost or the Oct 4 rally OneNationTogetehr and see what honor was lost. You choose not to see so watch the elections tomorrow and maybe that will wake you up to the feelings of the majority in this country.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •