Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Arkansas school board says fags should kill themselves

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: Arkansas school board says fags should kill themselves

    OK


    __________________

    (And now some extra text, just to allow DP to publish 'OK'.)

  2. #32
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Arkansas school board says fags should kill themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    Am I talking to another 'gender binary society'-type person now?
    I cant say I'm familiar with that term, but I believe we hold too strenuously to the old ideas of masculinity and femininity but above all we have an extremely difficult time separating "sexuality" (which is a human construct) and "gender" and this causes problems.

    As you say, harm is a relative measure. In terms of not caring what kind of condition his fetish could be a symptom of (or any peculiar way it manifests itself), none at all.
    Why does it have to be a symptom of anything? Why is it not possible that this is simply who he is or that it's just a kid's desire to act out?

    Has he been looked at, I wonder? Is there something up with him or is he otherwise normal but just going through some kind of phase?
    Again, what is "normal"? Are ANY of us truly normal?

    We've decided on a baseline and called that normal when in reality no one actually meets that criteria. The thoughts that go through our heads and what we do when we think people arent looking, normalcy is a fantasy. What you do have is certain modes of behavior that we consider socially acceptable and those we do not for one reason or another. The most acceptable modes are what we call "normal", even though that standard has changed DRAMATICALLY over the centuries.

    What you are doing is applying your own standard, drawing your own line, and saying that anything that falls outside that range is abnormal while refusing to see how arbitrary your line is and how ridiculous the notion of an absolute standard actually is when you factor in the full range of human behavior.

    There are perverts out there enough as it is.
    So we should hide who we are to avoid problems?

    But I don't know. Maybe the morality-softening, gender-bending sexual revoltion's passed most of us by
    I think you're having a hard time separating the concepts of sexuality and pedophilia. Pedophilia has virtually nothing to do with this discussion.

    What, saying I wouldn't want to see the strange kid punched?
    I'm saying you claim you want to "protect the weak" but all you're doing is calling someone a freak because you dont understand their mindset and are too set in your own to even try to understand theirs.
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: Arkansas school board says fags should kill themselves

    I believe we hold too strenuously to the old ideas of masculinity and femininity but above all we have an extremely difficult time separating "sexuality" (which is a human construct) and "gender" and this causes problems.
    Gender affects the sexuality, which is why, even between alien cultures, men are men and women are women. (On a wider level you can say it's nature which defines the sexuality. Indeed, that's why homosexuals are so few and cannot reproduce.)



    Why does it have to be a symptom of anything?
    For that matter why are you so admant that it isn't?



    What you are doing is applying your own standard, drawing your own line, and saying that anything that falls outside that range is abnormal....
    Not my standard at all. And if you have to ask 'what is normal', then it's probably fair to suppose your own values are so aimlessly fluid that it's a wonder you have any of your own. (And not chewing you out here, honest.)



    So we should hide who we are to avoid problems?
    I don't know what you are or whether it's worth hiding you.



    Pedophilia has virtually nothing to do with this discussion.
    But Liberals do and allowances for things like peadophilia are on their account.


    Perv victim support group closed while paedo one backed by taxpayers | The Sun |News|Sun Justice

    BBC NEWS | UK | Could you befriend a paedophile?



    ...all you're doing is calling someone a freak because you dont understand their mindset.
    He'd still be a freak whether I understood or not. Just because I understood Hitler to be a mass-murderer and why didn't change anything.

    I'm not saying it'd be right to persecute the poor little mixed up kid, but it's wrong to dictate the views people should hold. And that's as well as being wrong to say there's nothing strange or bad in it to him because that would only re-enforce the delusion.

    He'll probably always be a weirdo but it's only cruel to all the kids to try to turn a liberal fantasy into a reality. It'll probably even mix him up even more because who'll hold his hand and mind-control everyone out in the real world as an adult?
    Last edited by Republic_Of_Public; 11-01-10 at 09:03 PM.

  4. #34
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Arkansas school board says fags should kill themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    So you went from the red herring of transgenderism to the red of herring of pedophilia?

    The worst part is that none of your stories are even in the same country as the OP's story.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: Arkansas school board says fags should kill themselves

    Ooo, wed hewwings! This sexual liberation and floppy mentality business leads from one example to another, as instigated by the 'binary digit sexuality society' woman. Sorry to have blotted your pure pure minds with my criticism, but hey-ho.

    Had I rolled over in agreement on these extra things, your lot would instead tell me 'great relevant points to illustrate the divinity of our ethos further. You've said all the right things and thus won't get lambasted today'. (Well, there'd be silence actually, on the assumption we should all think the same as a matter of course.)


    The worst part is that none of your stories are even in the same country as the OP's story.
    So much for Internationalism! PC so-called Liberals are PC so-called liberals, wherever you go.
    Last edited by Republic_Of_Public; 11-01-10 at 10:51 PM.

  6. #36
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Arkansas school board says fags should kill themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    There's a difference between the school board saying gay people should kill themselves and a person ON the school board saying gay people should kill themselves.

    I, for example, am an American. I say we should blow up the moon. The headline "America says we should blow up the moon," however, is not accurate.
    This guys is a moron, but so is wearing purple ribbons. I think the schools should stay out of politics.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #37
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Arkansas school board says fags should kill themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    Gender affects the sexuality, which is why, even between alien cultures, men are men and women are women. (On a wider level you can say it's nature which defines the sexuality. Indeed, that's why homosexuals are so few and cannot reproduce.)
    Sexuality is a human constructed idea. And ideas of gender roles are nowhere NEAR static across different cultures.

    For that matter why are you so admant that it isn't?
    Does it matter? I want to see some justification for your treating a kid who wants to go to school in clothes you dont approve of as though he's mentally ill.

    Not my standard at all. And if you have to ask 'what is normal', then it's probably fair to suppose your own values are so aimlessly fluid that it's a wonder you have any of your own. (And not chewing you out here, honest.)
    I have my own value system, I just dont impose it on those around me.

    Define for me what normal is.


    I don't know what you are or whether it's worth hiding you.
    You apparently have a list of things that shouldnt be shown to anyone. What's on that list.

    But Liberals do and allowances for things like peadophilia are on their account.
    Pedophilia is irrelevant to this discussion, this is the last time I'm going to repeat that.

    I'm not saying it'd be right to persecute the poor little mixed up kid, but it's wrong to dictate the views people should hold. And that's as well as being wrong to say there's nothing strange or bad in it to him because that would only re-enforce the delusion.
    The irony here is...staggering. It's wrong for people to dictate the views others should hold...but its equally wrong to say its ok for this kid because that would enforce the idea that he's NOT a freak...

    Do you read what you write or is this just stream of consciousness?

    He'll probably always be a weirdo but it's only cruel to all the kids to try to turn a liberal fantasy into a reality. It'll probably even mix him up even more because who'll hold his hand and mind-control everyone out in the real world as an adult?
    Newsflash: people are becoming more open as the years go by and (hopefully) soon we'll be at a place where the vast majority of society can look past exterior details and differences of opinion. Maybe that's overly-optimistic, but in 50 years we went from beating blacks in the streets to a black president, I'd say there's cause to be optimistic.
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  8. #38
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Arkansas school board says fags should kill themselves

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic_Of_Public View Post
    Ooo, wed hewwings! This sexual liberation and floppy mentality business leads from one example to another, as instigated by the 'binary digit sexuality society' woman. Sorry to have blotted your pure pure minds with my criticism, but hey-ho.

    Had I rolled over in agreement on these extra things, your lot would instead tell me 'great relevant points to illustrate the divinity of our ethos further. You've said all the right things and thus won't get lambasted today'. (Well, there'd be silence actually, on the assumption we should all think the same as a matter of course.)

    So much for Internationalism! PC so-called Liberals are PC so-called liberals, wherever you go.
    Well forgive me for thinking that a public school official should not rant from a public forum about how he thinks gay people should kill themselves, how happy he is they die from AIDs, and how he would run off his own children if they came out.

    I'm sure your arguments about transgenderism and pedophilia have some relevance in some distant space-time dimension but they don't seem to have any relevance in this one.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •