Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 333

Thread: 95% of Marines uncomfortable serving with openly gay troops

  1. #311
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 95% of Marines uncomfortable serving with openly gay troops

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Why is it "a load of crap" or "disgusting"? Guys do things to other guys to get on their nerves, rile them up, or "toughen" them up all the time. I have seen it so many times during my time in the Navy. Hazing has become against the rules because many take it too far and it becomes dangerous. Yet there is still hazing that is done. And even some of bootcamp is meant to "toughen" people up.

    And the more a person feels that they will be made fun of for their prejudices, the more most of them will get over those prejudices. The rules will go only so far to force people to accept others and be tolerant. Peer pressure, when used correctly, is much better at getting people to accept others.

    Not only did we have no instances of unwanted sexual advances of a gay guy on a straight guy, but we also had no instances of violence against a gay guy for being gay, despite having a dozen or more openly gay personnel in our department of at least 800 cycled through during my entire time on the ship. Much of the reason for this I contribute to the fact that anyone who expressed any intolerance openly toward gays learned really quick that the majority of the department had no problem with gay personnel. The majority of the department judged each person on their own actions, and not on their religious beliefs, race, sex, or sexuality. What was most important at the end of the day was that a person was pulling their own weight and doing their job.
    Good for you but thats not the real world

  2. #312
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 95% of Marines uncomfortable serving with openly gay troops

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So gays act differently and have different values than gays in gay pride marches? |238|


    get The Smilies @ https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/14455
    Do all straits act like those in a KKK rally? Of course not all gays are alike....
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 95% of Marines uncomfortable serving with openly gay troops

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do all straits act like those in a KKK rally? Of course not all gays are alike....
    Do gays in the military believe gay is normal? Not all straight are racist so your point means nothing it was a bad example

  4. #314
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 95% of Marines uncomfortable serving with openly gay troops

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Do gays in the military believe gay is normal? Not all straight are racist so your point means nothing it was a bad example
    Define normal. Do you mean do gays think they are average in society? Of course not. Do they think that they should be treated the same as any one else? Yes.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 95% of Marines uncomfortable serving with openly gay troops

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Define normal. Do you mean do gays think they are average in society? Of course not. Do they think that they should be treated the same as any one else? Yes.
    Nice spin but sexual orientation is not a reason for civilrights.

  6. #316
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 95% of Marines uncomfortable serving with openly gay troops

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Nice spin but sexual orientation is not a reason for civilrights.

    Why not?


    ........

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 95% of Marines uncomfortable serving with openly gay troops

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Why not?


    ........
    since when is a choice grounds for civil rights

  8. #318
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 95% of Marines uncomfortable serving with openly gay troops

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    since when is a choice grounds for civil rights

    Oh I guess since the time that heterosexuals got the right to marriage.

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: 95% of Marines uncomfortable serving with openly gay troops

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Oh I guess since the time that heterosexuals got the right to marriage.
    Wrong that is a majority making law not civil rights

  10. #320
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 95% of Marines uncomfortable serving with openly gay troops

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Wrong that is a majority making law not civil rights

    So you are sying there is no right to marriage?

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •