Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58

Thread: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

  1. #41
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It's well known because you want it to be so...and you just googled it... but really... vanity fair and variety? MoveOn.org info wasn't available or did Media Matters just feed this info to Vanity Fair?

    I tend to go with something a little less fluffy and overtly liberal.

    Ratings - TVNewser

    If you check the daily ratings -- you'll see the 24-55 category and then notice FNC beating their competition handily in that demographic. They've been doing that consistently for years maybe even a decade now.
    The link did not work.
    (ps. no need to be a dick... I am just trying to have a discussion here and haven't got the foggiest why you felt compelled to mention Media Matters or Moveon.)
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  2. #42
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,357

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Not everyone was a hippy, Ockham.

    Anyhoo, I thought it was a welll known fact that the average age of Fox News viewers is in geriactic land.

    TV viewers' average age hits 50 - Entertainment News, TV Ratings, Media - Variety

    Rush Limbaugh: The Man Who Ate the G.O.P. | Politics | Vanity Fair
    It's just a well-known fact that more people of ALL ages watch Fox News.

    Check out the actual ratings:

    http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/ratings/cable-news

  3. #43
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    The link did not work.
    Just tried it and it works for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    (ps. no need to be a dick... I am just trying to have a discussion here and haven't got the foggiest why you felt compelled to mention Media Matters or Moveon.)
    ps, no need to call me a dick - I'm just trying to have a discussion here too and haven't got the foggiest why you felt compelled to characterize misinformation as fact.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #44
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I don't really know the answer. My best guess is that the baby-boomer aged population typically lean more right than not, and like their dose of extreme thinking. But I could be wrong. What is your take?
    I have a theory, but I don't know if it's correct, so I don't see the point of posting it. One thing that I do know is that we don't know the real explanation.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  5. #45
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    I have a theory, but I don't know if it's correct, so I don't see the point of posting it. One thing that I do know is that we don't know the real explanation.
    Thanks for being civil, mpg. I have theories, too... but as I stated before, I am not sure either. Having said that, I'd be interested in hearing your take.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  6. #46
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    It's just a well-known fact that more people of ALL ages watch Fox News.

    Check out the actual ratings:

    http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/ratings/cable-news
    The median average age of FoxNews viewers is 65. Having said that, I would tend to think it's pretty much the same for all network news as I think the younger generation is more and more apathetic.

    Average Age of FOX News Viewer: 65 - Campus Progress
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  7. #47
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Just tried it and it works for me.
    The link worked at home.



    ps, no need to call me a dick - I'm just trying to have a discussion here too and haven't got the foggiest why you felt compelled to characterize misinformation as fact.
    Well then, try to be less smarmy. My original quote (in reference to why right leaning pundits have more viewership) was:

    I don't really know the answer. My best guess is that the baby-boomer aged population typically lean more right than not, and like their dose of extreme thinking. But I could be wrong. What is your take?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  8. #48
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,686

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Well, if you are to mean that younger people are more apathetic than they used to be, I would say that is typically false.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #49
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    The link worked at home.
    Good. I thought it was just me able to get to it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Well then, try to be less smarmy. My original quote (in reference to why right leaning pundits have more viewership) was:
    Smarmy is a two way street. I'm just giving as good as I'm getting.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #50
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Well, if you are to mean that younger people are more apathetic than they used to be, I would say that is typically false.
    Why do you say that?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •