Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58

Thread: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

  1. #31
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Because ratings are based on viewership. What ratings are NOT based on is relevance. Because 1 person heard (for example) a hateful comment vs. 1,000 people hearing it doesn't make what was said any less relevant.
    People don't watch irrelevant people. How can Nina Totenberg be relevant if no one has heard of her?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #32
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    People don't watch irrelevant people. How can Nina Totenberg be relevant if no one has heard of her?
    I would say the opposite - channels wouldn't put irrelevant people on their channel as guests - it's not good for ratings, which is why media outlets exist in the first place.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #33
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    What I do find interesting, though, is why the right pundits have much better ratings than the left ones. And that is the point I brought up earlier.
    There are several possible explanations. Do you claim to know which one is correct?
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  4. #34
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I would say the opposite - channels wouldn't put irrelevant people on their channel as guests - it's not good for ratings, which is why media outlets exist in the first place.

    Irrelevant? No, I think that is the wrong word. More like less controversial. For instance, Ann Coulter is a regular on Fox despite being a blow hard idiot. Why? Because the dumb **** she spews gathers train-wreck minds to pay attention.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #35
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    There are several possible explanations. Do you claim to know which one is correct?
    I don't really know the answer. My best guess is that the baby-boomer aged population typically lean more right than not, and like their dose of extreme thinking. But I could be wrong. What is your take?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  6. #36
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I don't really know the answer. My best guess is that the baby-boomer aged population typically lean more right than not, and like their dose of extreme thinking. But I could be wrong. What is your take?
    That's pretty interesting given that the baby-boomers are the hippies of the 1960's. You're saying they've come over to the dark side and lean more right now?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #37
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    That's pretty interesting given that the baby-boomers are the hippies of the 1960's. You're saying they've come over to the dark side and lean more right now?
    I think they just want to keep the government out of their medicare.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #38
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    That's pretty interesting given that the baby-boomers are the hippies of the 1960's. You're saying they've come over to the dark side and lean more right now?
    Not everyone was a hippy, Ockham.

    Anyhoo, I thought it was a welll known fact that the average age of Fox News viewers is in geriactic land.

    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=1275&cs=1

    http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/f...limbaugh200905
    Last edited by Middleground; 11-01-10 at 04:28 PM.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #39
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,691

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    For the most part, I generally question the seriousness of rallies for political change, period.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #40
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ed Schultz Denounces Colbert/Stewart Rally

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Not everyone was a hippy, Ockham.

    Anyhoo, I thought it was a welll known fact that the average age of Fox News viewers is in geriactic land.

    TV viewers' average age hits 50 - Entertainment News, TV Ratings, Media - Variety

    Rush Limbaugh: The Man Who Ate the G.O.P. | Politics | Vanity Fair
    It's well known because you want it to be so...and you just googled it... but really... vanity fair and variety? MoveOn.org info wasn't available or did Media Matters just feed this info to Vanity Fair?

    I tend to go with something a little less fluffy and overtly liberal.

    Ratings - TVNewser

    If you check the daily ratings -- you'll see the 24-55 category and then notice FNC beating their competition handily in that demographic. They've been doing that consistently for years maybe even a decade now.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •