Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 436

Thread: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

  1. #291
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    To prove that GWB lied, you have to prove that he knew what he said was wrong.
    You -know- you cannot do that - and yet you persist.
    Partisan bigotry a its finest.
    Not neccessarily. If he didn't know for sure and stated it as fact he was lying. He did not know for sure. No one could have, so he lied. It's not partisan at all. It's an historical fact.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  2. #292
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Not neccessarily. If he didn't know for sure and stated it as fact he was lying.
    This is a faulty definnition of a lie - it means that every time you guess, you lie.
    Keep grasping at those straws.

  3. #293
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This is a faulty definnition of a lie - it means that every time you guess, you lie.
    Keep grasping at those straws.
    If you guess and tell everyone it is a fact, you are lying. Bush didn't state he thought Saddam had WMDs, he said Saddam did have WMDs when he could not have known for sure. Bush lied.
    Last edited by USA_1; 11-12-10 at 04:50 PM.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  4. #294
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    He went in with the hope of finding WMDs. He cherry picked all the intel and ignored any that contradicted his theory that Saddam still had WMDs. Yeah he was lying.
    Someone lied, but not Bush. He could only react to situations his intelligence told him. However he did over-exaggerate half truths and mobilized a huge army in Kuwait months before the actual invasion, a clear indication that he was already convinced WMDs were there.

    My choice for the liar, who had to know he was lying, is... (drum roll) General Colin Powell. The phony sketches (not photos) of portable gas containers he showed at the UN that got media coverage (including video tapes) all over the world, could have been the real clincher.

    Second choice is the mushroom cloud threat, both Bush and Rice exploited.

    ricksfolly

  5. #295
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    If you guess and tell everyone it is a fact, you are lying.
    No, its not. Guessing is different than knowing what you are saying is wrong.

  6. #296
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    To prove that GWB lied, you have to prove that he knew what he said was wrong.
    You -know- you cannot do that - and yet you persist.
    Partisan bigotry a its finest.
    Again, if you say something that is not supported by the intel you have, that is lying. Saying your guess is fact is lying.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #297
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No, its not. Guessing is different than knowing what you are saying is wrong.
    That's some far mental gymnastics you're doing there. I can just make up **** up, call it guessing and treat it like fact and you won't have a problem with that?

    Bull****!

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #298
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Someone lied, but not Bush. He could only react to situations his intelligence told him. However he did over-exaggerate half truths and mobilized a huge army in Kuwait months before the actual invasion, a clear indication that he was already convinced WMDs were there.

    My choice for the liar, who had to know he was lying, is... (drum roll) General Colin Powell. The phony sketches (not photos) of portable gas containers he showed at the UN that got media coverage (including video tapes) all over the world, could have been the real clincher.

    Second choice is the mushroom cloud threat, both Bush and Rice exploited.

    ricksfolly
    That's not what Bush did. He did not get intel that supported his claims.

    And yes, Powell recognized the problem and tried to get confirmation by all reports.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #299
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's some far mental gymnastics you're doing there. I can just make up **** up, call it guessing and treat it like fact and you won't have a problem with that?

    Bull****!
    Yawn.

    Me: "Hey -- is Steve across the street?"
    You: Having seen Steve just walk across the street "Yep"
    Me: "You sure"
    You: "yep"
    Me: "Great!"
    I walk across the street. Steve is not there, having just gotten into his girlfriends car. I walk back to talk to you
    Me: "Steve isn't there -- why did you lie to me?"
    You: "......... (add words here)

  10. #300
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Yawn.

    Me: "Hey -- is Steve across the street?"
    You: Having seen Steve just walk across the street "Yep"
    Me: "You sure"
    You: "yep"
    Me: "Great!"
    I walk across the street. Steve is not there, having just gotten into his girlfriends car. I walk back to talk to you
    Me: "Steve isn't there -- why did you lie to me?"
    You: "......... (add words here)
    That nonsense is nothing like what happened.

    He's what happened:

    You: does steve have a gun?

    Me: he had some guns once. Most were taken away, but he likey still has an old musket and maybe a sling shot or two.

    You: Bob says he has an M16.

    Me: Bob isn't trustworthy and has no way of knowing (exact CIA view of al Libi).

    You tell everyone: Steve has stockpiles on M16's and could have a Tank by Friday. And say I said it was so.


    That's lying.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •