Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 436

Thread: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

  1. #141
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    When we invaded Iraq, right or wrong, and Al Qaeda joined the fight, we killed far more Al Qaeda than we have in Afghanistan. As far as WMDs, Bush said they were there and was wrong, Obama said the stimulus would fund shovel ready jobs and then admitted there was never any such thing. IMO, if you call Bush a liar for WMDs, you have to call Obama a liar for "shovel ready jobs", especially when every conservative knew and said there was no such thing, but liberals in congress voted to go to war.
    Iraqis. Iraqis merely used the name to get supplies and some help. We have not killed many that were actually the al Qaeda that attacked us. Even if we count foriegn participants. They made up about 5% (this can be linked if you really don't remember), and only 5% of those had any previous connection to any terrorist organization. So, even that was more invention than anything actually resembling taking the war to our enemy. in stead, Iraq was just used to hurt us.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #142
    Educator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 04:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    801

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Iraqis. Iraqis merely used the name to get supplies and some help. We have not killed many that were actually the al Qaeda that attacked us. Even if we count foriegn participants. They made up about 5% (this can be linked if you really don't remember), and only 5% of those had any previous connection to any terrorist organization. So, even that was more invention than anything actually resembling taking the war to our enemy. in stead, Iraq was just used to hurt us.
    Ok, I guess you define Al Qaeda differently than members of Al Qaeda did. I know I am not going to change your mind, but consider this: if they called themselves Al Qaeda, and Al Qaeda in Afghanistan called them Al Qaeda, and they had the same goals and mission as Al Qaeda, and did the same things Al Qaeda did, and if their main goal was to cause a civil war in Iraq that would harm innocent Iraqis, and if their leader was a high ranking member of Al Qaeda, what exactly made them not Al Qaeda?
    Get informed: UNICEF foreign adoption policy is killing orphans and the US gives $132 million to UNICEF every year. Stop the madness.
    For the best news and commentary on the 2012 election from the GOP perspective, visit www.whitehouse12.com.

  3. #143
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    When we invaded Iraq, right or wrong, and Al Qaeda joined the fight, we killed far more Al Qaeda than we have in Afghanistan.
    And you know this how? Most people killed in Iraq were just Iraqis.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  4. #144
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    Ok, I guess you define Al Qaeda differently than members of Al Qaeda did. I know I am not going to change your mind, but consider this: if they called themselves Al Qaeda, and Al Qaeda in Afghanistan called them Al Qaeda, and they had the same goals and mission as Al Qaeda, and did the same things Al Qaeda did, and if their main goal was to cause a civil war in Iraq that would harm innocent Iraqis, and if their leader was a high ranking member of Al Qaeda, what exactly made them not Al Qaeda?
    Your mistake is in thinking they had the same goals. Those in Iraq simply wanted us out of Iraq, so they could hold on to the power they had. Hardly the same goals as those who attacked us on 9/11. In fact, the goals of those fighting us in iraq were many and varied. Hardly anything that could be said to be unified.

    And define leader. Mostly there was just someone who corrdinated resources to those willing to fight. Hardly a leader.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #145
    Professor
    bowerbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    australia
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,430

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Iraqis. Iraqis merely used the name to get supplies and some help. We have not killed many that were actually the al Qaeda that attacked us. Even if we count foriegn participants. They made up about 5% (this can be linked if you really don't remember), and only 5% of those had any previous connection to any terrorist organization. So, even that was more invention than anything actually resembling taking the war to our enemy. in stead, Iraq was just used to hurt us.
    This story has some real insights - interviewing people involved in the insurgency

    Four Corners - 11/10/2010: Secret Iraq - Insurgency

    I don't know whether it will work outside Australia but for us there is a link to stream video of the program at the bottom of the page
    Greenhouse gases: Any gas that, by an accident of chemistry, happens to absorb radiation of a type that the Earth, by an accident of history, would like to lose.
    The internet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhoea -- massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind- boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it.


  6. #146
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Well, enough in Congress believed and voted he was including this current Secretary of State, who told Code Pink of her inside knowledge.

    It was justified based on the info we had at the time. Tell me, when was bin Laden an imminent threat? Hitler? This imminent threat BS becomes verified too late. David Kay illustrated the breakdown of Iraq was a more serious threat... and at the time said we may not have dodged a bullet.

    .
    Saddam Hussein was actually more than an imminent threat regarding using toxic poisons in 1982-1983.

    Because he actually used them at that time.

    You know what we did to stop him? We did nothing except continue to back him in his war against Iran.

    We supplied him with military intelligence, supplied him guarantees him on loans of billions of dollars, and even ***wait for it*** removed his country from our list of terrorist nations.

    That's what we did when he was an actual threat, a loose cannon who was slaughtering his own people and the Iranians with WMDs.

    Its all politics, guy.

    If its politically expedient to back him no matter what, then we back him. But when he's an essentially powerless threat, we stupidly invade even if its not necessary.
    Do not write in this space!

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-12-11 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,922

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Not that I really care either way but patrons may be interested in this I found:


    YouTube - ResearchForTruth75's Channel

    "I think that the FACT NO intelligence service IN THE WORLD fundamentally disagreed with the American and British analysis is PROOF ENOUGH it was as good as it could get on the facts."

    Tim Trevan -- Former UN Weapons Inspector

  8. #148
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Saddam did destroy his WMDs after the first gulf war. That is why we did not find any when we invaded. There weren't any left. Even Bush admitted that.
    In other words, accoring to you, the weapons were destroyed prior to the Clinton admin launching Operation Desert Fox - in which the stated purpose was to degrade his ability to use the WMD's they believed he had.

    Can we now start chanting "Clinton lied and people died"? Or was it just faulty intelligence that caused the clinton admin to believe Iraq still had the WMD?

    I come down on the side of faulty intelligence. However, I asume that to be consistent, you believe that clinton lied. Must have been to divert from Monica after all.
    Last edited by buck; 11-01-10 at 11:22 AM.

  9. #149
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    In other words, accoring to you, the weapons were destroyed prior to the Clinton admin launching Operation Desert Fox - in which the stated purpose was to degrade his ability to use the WMD's they believed he had.

    Can we now start chanting "Clinton lied and people died"? Or was it just faulty intelligence that caused the clinton admin to believe Iraq still had the WMD?

    I come down on the side of faulty intelligence. However, I asume that to be consistent, you believe that clinton lied. Must have been to divert from Monica after all.
    If you remember, many said just that. And Clinton was accused of doing that just to divert attention from his problems, as you suggest. So, there has been some consistency on that. Iraq has been used as a whipping boy more than once. What hasn't been proven is that he was anywhere near the type of threat that required invasion or justiifed a 100,000 lives and billions, let alone trillions of dollars.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #150
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Wikileaks show WMD Hunt Continued in Iraq-With Surprising Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you remember, many said just that. And Clinton was accused of doing that just to divert attention from his problems, as you suggest. So, there has been some consistency on that. Iraq has been used as a whipping boy more than once. What hasn't been proven is that he was anywhere near the type of threat that required invasion or justiifed a 100,000 lives and billions, let alone trillions of dollars.
    I don't care what many people said. Althoguh, I really don't recall "many" stating that Clinton was lying when he said that Iraq had WMD's. I only recall the conversation being about what to do about it and that the timing was circumspect. However, did you say it? Do you claim that Clinton lied when he started the bombing campaign?

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •