Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 122

Thread: A union member fired for U.S.S. George W. Bush shirt...

  1. #31
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: A union member fired for U.S.S. George W. Bush shirt...

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Don't believe everything you read.
    Knew it... I called it!! I want a prize... where's my kewpie doll...
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #32
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: A union member fired for U.S.S. George W. Bush shirt...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Knew it... I called it!! I want a prize... where's my kewpie doll...
    There is a sucker born every minute and this place is filled with them.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  3. #33
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: A union member fired for U.S.S. George W. Bush shirt...

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    There is a sucker born every minute and this place is filled with them.
    And there's lots of people who stop taking their meds and wander around aimlessly too.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #34
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,281

    Re: A union member fired for U.S.S. George W. Bush shirt...

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    It was a set up and the guy got his 15 minutes of fame. From a distance all you can read is BUSH
    So he was fired by an ignorant union supervisor. No surprise. Reminds me of the city official that got into trouble for using the word "niggardly" when speaking to a crowd of ignorant people.
    Last edited by Moon; 10-22-10 at 08:18 PM.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  5. #35
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A union member fired for U.S.S. George W. Bush shirt...

    So let's see...a couple idiots do something stupid, and this is a big deal why? I just don't understand the point of this.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #36
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: A union member fired for U.S.S. George W. Bush shirt...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    And there's lots of people who stop taking their meds and wander around aimlessly too.
    Let's see here. You see this story on the internet and you take it on faith that it's all legit without questioning it because it gives you a reason to trash democrats. You people are so funny. I do not believe everything I see on the internet. I queston everything.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  7. #37
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: A union member fired for U.S.S. George W. Bush shirt...

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    So he was fired by an ignorant union supervisor. No surprise. Reminds me of the city official that got into trouble for using the word "niggardly" when speaking to a crowd of ignorant people.
    He wasn't fired, he was given a choice. He wanted to be on TV so he refused to turn his shirt inside out.

    Last edited by USA_1; 10-22-10 at 08:30 PM.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  8. #38
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,503

    Re: A union member fired for U.S.S. George W. Bush shirt...

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    He wasn't fired, he was given a choice. He wanted to be on TV so he refused to turn his shirt inside out.

    Yeah. You're insisting this is so because you're after attention yourself. I know this as fact. How? Same way you know this guy.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #39
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: A union member fired for U.S.S. George W. Bush shirt...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So let's see...a couple idiots do something stupid, and this is a big deal why? I just don't understand the point of this.
    What makes you say this is a big deal? We're just commenting on a stupid person firing someone for wearing a U.S.S. G.H.W. Bush shirt.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #40
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: A union member fired for U.S.S. George W. Bush shirt...

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Let's see here. You see this story on the internet and you take it on faith that it's all legit without questioning it because it gives you a reason to trash democrats. You people are so funny. I do not believe everything I see on the internet. I queston everything.
    And you're making an assumption that this is...

    1. a "set up",
    2. purposefully done as a political issue,
    3. his kid wasn't on the USS Bush

    And that's based on .. nothing. How is your view superior to mine again? I don't mind questioning things, but when you go overboard and start making frothy accusations about this guy who you don't know, never saw, and then start attacking the people here because we're not agreeing with your paranoid biased opinion, we're the suckers. Do ya listen to yourself at all? Call me crazy, but before I judge others and pass judgement I like to see something convincing other than just my own blathering biased opinion.

    So before I jump on your bandwagon, I need more than just your say so. Got it?
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •