Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Chamber Receives At Least $885,000 From Over 80 Foreign Companies In Disclosed Donati

  1. #21
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Chamber Receives At Least $885,000 From Over 80 Foreign Companies In Disclosed Do

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Please tell me why the Chamber shouldn't be required to open it books and reveal where the political donations are coming from? It seems to me that a decade earlier the right wing was all in a flutter about Gore getting donations from a Buddist temple. Hillary Clinton's donors have been questioned by the right as to the source. But now the right has the Chamber of Commerce to launder the money.
    For the same reason that Obama didn't have to reveal the source of $400 million of his campaign donations. If you're all for everyone opening the books, are you going to insist that The Messiah open his books, too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #22
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Chamber Receives At Least $885,000 From Over 80 Foreign Companies In Disclosed Do

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post

    For the same reason that Obama didn't have to reveal the source of $400 million of his campaign donations. If you're all for everyone opening the books, are you going to insist that The Messiah open his books, too?
    I totally agree with you, there is no reason why the public shouldn't know who is funding the elections. It doesn't mean if they are left or right.


  3. #23
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    04-04-17 @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    121

    Re: Chamber Receives At Least $885,000 From Over 80 Foreign Companies In Disclosed Do

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    How can you tell unless they open their books? Fact is that 527s are required show their donors; since the CoC is acting like a 527, why aren't they require to do so as well?



    ‘Are You Guys Eventually Going To Disclose?’ Chamber Responds Bluntly, ‘No!’


    Oh goody, you're going to be on your knees for me.
    There are no grounds for your warrants. In order to make an accusation, you need to back it up. Just saying, that your think they do and having no grounds for it is essentially rubbish and come back when you have real grounds.
    We the People of the United States,... provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare....
    Where did it ever say, promote for the common defence, and provide the general Welfare..... Please don't mix up the two....

  4. #24
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,778

    Re: Chamber Receives At Least $885,000 From Over 80 Foreign Companies In Disclosed Do

    Quote Originally Posted by MCS117 View Post
    There are no grounds for your warrants. In order to make an accusation, you need to back it up. Just saying, that your think they do and having no grounds for it is essentially rubbish and come back when you have real grounds.
    It would be like posting a claim that Obama is having sexual relationships with a north Korean spy.

    Prove it some lib would demand

    Prove he is not I would respond.

    same nonsense as the libs' claims about the Chamber of Commerce



  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Chamber Receives At Least $885,000 From Over 80 Foreign Companies In Disclosed Do

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    It would be like posting a claim that Obama is having sexual relationships with a north Korean spy.

    Prove it some lib would demand

    Prove he is not I would respond.

    same nonsense as the libs' claims about the Chamber of Commerce
    I heard it was a dude. I wonder if Michelle know yet?

  6. #26
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Chamber Receives At Least $885,000 From Over 80 Foreign Companies In Disclosed Do

    Think Progress and Obama believe that if they simply repeat the same thing over and over in slightly different ways, they'll keep on netting people who don't really understand the situation. They appear to be right.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #27
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Chamber Receives At Least $885,000 From Over 80 Foreign Companies In Disclosed Do

    Quote Originally Posted by MCS117 View Post
    There are no grounds for your warrants. In order to make an accusation, you need to back it up. Just saying, that your think they do and having no grounds for it is essentially rubbish and come back when you have real grounds.
    I disagree, in the OP it shows that at least $885,000 come from foreign donors. It's been pointed out this amount is small by comparison to the total of ads done by the CoC. This leads to conclusion that these amounts are just the tip of the iceberg. Where there is smoke there is also fire, so to speak.

    The Citizens United case ruled that corporations and unions have the right to spend unlimited cash in political campaigns. Why should a corporation be able to attack candidate through CoC and not reveal who they are?


  8. #28
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Chamber Receives At Least $885,000 From Over 80 Foreign Companies In Disclosed Do

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I disagree, in the OP it shows that at least $885,000 come from foreign donors. It's been pointed out this amount is small by comparison to the total of ads done by the CoC. This leads to conclusion that these amounts are just the tip of the iceberg.
    No, it does not. That is in no way a logical conclusion.

    "I saw a guy peeing into a lake. Someone else noted that the amount of pee that he contributed was small compared to the massive amount of water in the lake. This leads to the conclusion that the lake is mostly piss."

    Does that make any sense?

    The Citizens United case ruled that corporations and unions have the right to spend unlimited cash in political campaigns.
    That's not really what the decision said, as has been explained ad nauseum.

    Why should a corporation be able to attack candidate through CoC and not reveal who they are?
    Setting aside the fact that it's not about the CoC identifying itself, perhaps because neither the Constitution nor federal law provide otherwise?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #29
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States of America
    Last Seen
    04-04-17 @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    121

    Re: Chamber Receives At Least $885,000 From Over 80 Foreign Companies In Disclosed Do

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I disagree, in the OP it shows that at least $885,000 come from foreign donors. It's been pointed out this amount is small by comparison to the total of ads done by the CoC. This leads to conclusion that these amounts are just the tip of the iceberg. Where there is smoke there is also fire, so to speak.

    The Citizens United case ruled that corporations and unions have the right to spend unlimited cash in political campaigns. Why should a corporation be able to attack candidate through CoC and not reveal who they are?
    Proof, we need proof. We need a money trail or Emails or someone that worked in Accounting that wants to be the whistle blower. But guess what, there are no whistle blowers yet because either they are scared or there was no foul. That blogger is making really big stretches by claiming USIBC is part of the US Chamber of Commerce. I mean, seriously? Is there any proof besides USIBC has a link to the Chamber of Commerce's website?

    And really? Can you prove that money from corporations were spent on the ads? It's like this.

    Think of a sewage treatment plant. Sewage goes in and out and treated water comes out to the homes. Think raw sewage as all donations. Think solid sewage as the greedy evil foreign donations and the regular sewage is the rest. Solid sewage gets disposed of in a separate outlet from treated water. If any of the solids enter treated water, people will know. If not, there are whistle blowers that will yell if solids enter the treated water. So far, the blog is just a random person who "tested" the waters and said it's contaminated in his area. Now, we ask to show his findings to find where the contaminated water is coming from, but all this blogger says is it's there, but has no "test results" to show that a contamination has taken place. And now the media wants the "sewage treatment plant" to show it's protocols and where everything comes in and out just because of a baseless claim.

    tl;dr
    saying something with only theories is not a ground, and to get a warrant, you need ground. So stop strong arming the Chamber of Commerce into giving their records is somewhat hitting low. And that dollar amount is to the USIBC, not the US CoC. It's like this, I know that One Nation rally is sponsored by Communist America and a bunch of socialist groups, therefore the rally is about communism. Oddly enough, my statement has more credibility than yours primarily because it shows a direct relationship, you have yet to prove there is a direct relationship between USIBC and US CoC.
    We the People of the United States,... provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare....
    Where did it ever say, promote for the common defence, and provide the general Welfare..... Please don't mix up the two....

  10. #30
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,778

    Re: Chamber Receives At Least $885,000 From Over 80 Foreign Companies In Disclosed Do

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    I heard it was a dude. I wonder if Michelle know yet?
    maybe that is where Elliot Spitzer got his name



Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •