Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: Obama Administration Gave General Electric—Parent Company of NBC--$24.9 Million in ‘S

  1. #21
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Administration Gave General Electric—Parent Company of NBC--$24.9 Million i

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    ding ding ding. We have a winner.
    I accept a lot of sources that don't agree with me, but picking clearly dubious sources isn't a good tactic. However, despite the source, I asked a question. When do you think it will be answered?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Obama Administration Gave General Electric—Parent Company of NBC--$24.9 Million i

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What sources are acceptable, by name please.


    j-mac
    I guess the quoted RECOVERY.ORG spokeswoman in your piece did not sound very credible. Oh well.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Obama Administration Gave General Electric—Parent Company of NBC--$24.9 Million i

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I accept a lot of sources that don't agree with me, but picking clearly dubious sources isn't a good tactic. However, despite the source, I asked a question. When do you think it will be answered?

  4. #24
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Administration Gave General Electric—Parent Company of NBC--$24.9 Million i

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    So, there is no answer to the question? I disagree. I think it can beanswered.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #25
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,080

    Re: Obama Administration Gave General Electric—Parent Company of NBC--$24.9 Million i

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    We can start with the OP.....





    Hmmmm...I could be wrong, and you would have to show me where, but didn't Barry say that the Stimulus would save jobs?


    j-mac
    It did save jobs. Only hyper partisans disagree with that fact.

    Just because it didn't save those jobs doesn't make you right and doesn't make this story any less idiotic.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Administration Gave General Electric—Parent Company of NBC--$24.9 Million i

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    What sources are acceptable, by name please.


    j-mac
    All mainstream news: Fox news (not the political entertainers) for example. Washington Times, WSJ (even their opinion section doesn't go too wild, though it is an opinion), NYT, CNN, PBS, sources with a clear history of being accurate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #27
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Obama Administration Gave General Electric—Parent Company of NBC--$24.9 Million i

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    It did save jobs. Only hyper partisans disagree with that fact.

    Just because it didn't save those jobs doesn't make you right and doesn't make this story any less idiotic.
    Ok, so which jobs did it save? And how do you prove this?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #28
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Administration Gave General Electric—Parent Company of NBC--$24.9 Million i

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    I guess the quoted RECOVERY.ORG spokeswoman in your piece did not sound very credible. Oh well.
    You do realized I asked a question, right? Which is addressing that quote.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama Administration Gave General Electric—Parent Company of NBC--$24.9 Million i

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, so which jobs did it save? And how do you prove this?


    j-mac
    We do know it saved teaching jobs for awhile. That has been supported before.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #30
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Obama Administration Gave General Electric—Parent Company of NBC--$24.9 Million i

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Since when is CNSnews.com a primary source of news and not partisan?
    Does this come for some divine source or ie it just a voice in your head only you can hear?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley
    Actually, republicans have. Go back in the past and look at GM getting money for a jobs program in which they laid off workers. But, let me ask, did Obama do this? Was he the one signing off? How were people picked to get stimulus money. I think a lot more has to be shown before this has legs. Perhaps that is why there is a lack of sound sources on this. You think?
    Can you spell Obfuscation?

    Wait just a damn minute, will all honest and objective people hold off on passing judgment until after we consider a few possibilities.

    GE only showed net profits only in the billions of dollars, and this was a tiny bit less than hopped so the $24.9 million in grants was to make them better about themselves.

    OR: We know that Obama is the new king or, (Insert German word for leader here) of PROPAGANDA since the untimely death of the former "leader in this field' in 1945, so we have to consider that this $24.9 million in grants were paid to insure continued unbiased treatment from Olbermann, Matthews, and Schultz.

    It could happen.

    This was a payoff for past and future propaganda to a source a lot of Liberals love to use until they are claiming as was done here it's not a real news media source.

    We know they that all of NBC and the spin offs are hurting in the ratings because they are major sources of Obamania worship and I figure this is a way to say tough it out.

    The fact that GE made billions means nothing to Obama because like all the millions he's wasted on partying, going to shows in NYC, flying his wife around with he own massive entourage around the world, it's not his money.

    It's tax money and to Obama it's the free welfare lotto cash, so screw the cost and his arrogance means he doesn't care about any fall out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •