Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 521

Thread: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

  1. #471
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    You mean like the people in Florida who keep voting Republican despite the fact that they have one of the worst housing markets in the US?
    As I recall, Florida was a blue state after the 2008 elections.

  2. #472
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    idiot old people. they soak in the fear.
    How is that hope and change working out for you today?

  3. #473
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, what you have done is state projections that haven't been proven as fact, you do a lot of that. What is factual is Perry won and the TX legislature has more Republicans. If there is a deficit it will be handled by spending cuts.
    Does that explain why Texas is the fifth poorest state in the nation? Don't worry, mine is 10th and they always vote Republican, too.

  4. #474
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As I recall, Florida was a blue state after the 2008 elections.
    For president, yes. But Repubclians run everything in the state and have for some time.

  5. #475
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    Does that explain why Texas is the fifth poorest state in the nation? Don't worry, mine is 10th and they always vote Republican, too.
    TX sits on the Mexican border, ever been down here? I wouldn't put too much faith in any polls that rank states from rich to poor. I prefer quality of life and cost of living.

  6. #476
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    For president, yes. But Repubclians run everything in the state and have for some time.
    Florida suffered more due to the U.S. economy and the hit that retirement accounts took thanks to the current economic policy. The tourist industry feeds Florida and thanks to current economic policy the state suffered and kicked out the Democrats and the RINO

  7. #477
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Florida suffered more due to the U.S. economy and the hit that retirement accounts took thanks to the current economic policy. The tourist industry feeds Florida and thanks to current economic policy the state suffered and kicked out the Democrats and the RINO
    It suffered due to the recession which happened due to the policies of the first half of the decade which is while Republicans were in control. Thus, Floridians are masochists.

    It's why your very Republican state is the fifth poorest state in the Union and my very Republican state is the 10th poorest state. It's why 8 of the 10 poorest states are very Republican states (and the other two are New Mexico and West Virginia, which I consider swing states). Poor social conservatives believe that Repubicans help them, when in reality Republican policies keep poor people poor and enrich those who already have money. They don't create jobs (which would raise all people's situations). There hasn't been a period of massive job growth since before Bush took office. When Bush took office (and I start with February numbers), the unemployment rate was 4.2%. It has never returned to that number since then. Never. After the first Bush recession, the closest he could back to was 4.4% and that was right before the floor fell out of the economy and in the course of 15 months it would rise all the way to 8.2% - nearly doubling.

    It has gone up under Obama, yes. But it didn't double. Under Reagan, unemployment went up from 6.7% to 10.7% at this point in his history.

    This is about an impatient electorate and nothing more. Remember this: it was independents who gave you this election. It was only two years ago they went the opposite direction. If the numbers don't greatly improve in the next two years, they're very unlikely to maintain their love affair with Republicans.

    According to exit polls, only 32% said they were voting against Obama.

    I have a strong feeling that Republicans are going to misread their mandate - just as Democrats did.

  8. #478
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    FilmFestGuy;1059079434]It suffered due to the recession which happened due to the policies of the first half of the decade which is while Republicans were in control. Thus, Floridians are masochists.
    Interesting that bea.gov shows economic growth from 9.9 trillion dollars to 14.5 trillion dollars. Only in the liberal world is that a failure.

    It's why your very Republican state is the fifth poorest state in the Union and my very Republican state is the 10th poorest state. It's why 8 of the 10 poorest states are very Republican states (and the other two are New Mexico and West Virginia, which I consider swing states). Poor social conservatives believe that Repubicans help them, when in reality Republican policies keep poor people poor and enrich those who already have money. They don't create jobs (which would raise all people's situations). There hasn't been a period of massive job growth since before Bush took office. When Bush took office (and I start with February numbers), the unemployment rate was 4.2%. It has never returned to that number since then. Never. After the first Bush recession, the closest he could back to was 4.4% and that was right before the floor fell out of the economy and in the course of 15 months it would rise all the way to 8.2% - nearly doubling.
    Texans get it, it isn't the Federal Government's role to create wealth and to determine winners and losers. In TX that is done by the individual. There is a reason that TX is ranked so low in whatever poll you are using. You choose to ignore the reasons. TX has or is close to having the fastest growing population in the nation and thanks to the Federal Govt. one of the biggest immigration problems in the country. Both affect your so called rankings of state wealth.

    I moved to TX in 1992 and it was the best move of my life. Quality of life and cost of living here is the best in the country. I will take that over any rankings that you post.

    It has gone up under Obama, yes. But it didn't double. Under Reagan, unemployment went up from 6.7% to 10.7% at this point in his history.
    The only comparison between Reagan and Obama are the results at this point in time. The economic policies are the exact opposite and it is the economic policies that will determine the future of this country. Last night the people said they didn't like the direction Obama was taking us. Let's see if Obama listened to the message and changes course to implement a Reagan style economic plan.

    This is about an impatient electorate and nothing more. Remember this: it was independents who gave you this election. It was only two years ago they went the opposite direction. If the numbers don't greatly improve in the next two years, they're very unlikely to maintain their love affair with Republicans.
    It was an historic night last night by all standards as the American people said, Pelosi, "YOU'RE FIRED!" Let's see how Obama responds. There is no doubt we are going to have a clear choice in 2012 as the Republican House is going to pass pro growth anti spending legislation. Let's see how Obama responds.

    According to exit polls, only 32% said they were voting against Obama.
    The exit polls also showed that the Govt. was headed in the wrong direction and the govt is headed by Obama.

    I have a strong feeling that Republicans are going to misread their mandate - just as Democrats did.

    Maybe, but it is obvious that Obama misread the results of 2008 as the American people last night rejected his agenda. He thought he had a mandate to pass healthcare, company takeovers, stimulus to bailout Democrat constituent groups, and cap and trade. he was wrong. We shall see how the Republicans do. My bet is they will do what they said they would do, cut spending and defund Obamacare.

  9. #479
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Interesting that bea.gov shows economic growth from 9.9 trillion dollars to 14.5 trillion dollars. Only in the liberal world is that a failure.



    Texans get it, it isn't the Federal Government's role to create wealth and to determine winners and losers. In TX that is done by the individual. There is a reason that TX is ranked so low in whatever poll you are using. You choose to ignore the reasons. TX has or is close to having the fastest growing population in the nation and thanks to the Federal Govt. one of the biggest immigration problems in the country. Both affect your so called rankings of state wealth.

    I moved to TX in 1992 and it was the best move of my life. Quality of life and cost of living here is the best in the country. I will take that over any rankings that you post.



    The only comparison between Reagan and Obama are the results at this point in time. The economic policies are the exact opposite and it is the economic policies that will determine the future of this country. Last night the people said they didn't like the direction Obama was taking us. Let's see if Obama listened to the message and changes course to implement a Reagan style economic plan.



    It was an historic night last night by all standards as the American people said, Pelosi, "YOU'RE FIRED!" Let's see how Obama responds. There is no doubt we are going to have a clear choice in 2012 as the Republican House is going to pass pro growth anti spending legislation. Let's see how Obama responds.



    The exit polls also showed that the Govt. was headed in the wrong direction and the govt is headed by Obama.




    Maybe, but it is obvious that Obama misread the results of 2008 as the American people last night rejected his agenda. He thought he had a mandate to pass healthcare, company takeovers, stimulus to bailout Democrat constituent groups, and cap and trade. he was wrong. We shall see how the Republicans do. My bet is they will do what they said they would do, cut spending and defund Obamacare.
    They won't do ****. That's my prediction. They didn't do **** for six years, why would they now?

    Under Republicans - deficits rose. Middle Class income stagnated. Immigration reform didn't happen. Social Security reform didn't happen. Medicare became MORE expensive thanks to the gifts given to big pharma in the Part D plan. Two wars were started with no funding. John Boehner - who is going to be your leader now - stood ON THE HOUSE FLOOR and handed out checks from lobbyist to his fellow Republicans.

    This is how your people do business. Mine might suck and I readily admit that. But Republicans are there to do the business of those who paid them - lobbyists. Boehner is so not ashamed to admit that he does the bidding of those who give him checks, he passes out checks on the floor of the House in front of everyone. And you're sending him in to lead Congress.

    What's going to happen over the next two years is absolutely nothing. They will not cut the deficit in any way that it wasn't going to be cut anyway. Indeed, they've already pledge to grow the deficit by $4 TRILLION over the next four years, so I have no confidence that anything positive will happen.

    Indeed, I fear for my job now more than ever. I see bad things coming UNLESS Republicans surprise me and begin to form a government that will actually work together with their philosophical opponents to craft legislation in a cooperative fashion. I have no confidence that they will. They have already said they are only there to score political points and not to govern. Otherwise they wouldn't state that their primary concern was to oust the President.

    I just don't see how you can have confidence in a party that created deficits that only pale in comparison to the deficits this President HAD to spend to save the nation from economic collapse. You don't start TWO WARS without funding them. That's what these people did. And they'll do it again, but they'll lie and tell you they're saving money. That's what Republicans do. There hasn't been a Republican in my lifetime who has cut deficits. It has not happened. Not once. Never. Why should I suddenly believe them now?

  10. #480
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    They won't do ****. That's my prediction. They didn't do **** for six years, why would they now?

    Under Republicans - deficits rose. Middle Class income stagnated. Immigration reform didn't happen. Social Security reform didn't happen. Medicare became MORE expensive thanks to the gifts given to big pharma in the Part D plan. Two wars were started with no funding. John Boehner - who is going to be your leader now - stood ON THE HOUSE FLOOR and handed out checks from lobbyist to his fellow Republicans.

    This is how your people do business. Mine might suck and I readily admit that. But Republicans are there to do the business of those who paid them - lobbyists. Boehner is so not ashamed to admit that he does the bidding of those who give him checks, he passes out checks on the floor of the House in front of everyone. And you're sending him in to lead Congress.

    What's going to happen over the next two years is absolutely nothing. They will not cut the deficit in any way that it wasn't going to be cut anyway. Indeed, they've already pledge to grow the deficit by $4 TRILLION over the next four years, so I have no confidence that anything positive will happen.

    Indeed, I fear for my job now more than ever. I see bad things coming UNLESS Republicans surprise me and begin to form a government that will actually work together with their philosophical opponents to craft legislation in a cooperative fashion. I have no confidence that they will. They have already said they are only there to score political points and not to govern. Otherwise they wouldn't state that their primary concern was to oust the President.

    I just don't see how you can have confidence in a party that created deficits that only pale in comparison to the deficits this President HAD to spend to save the nation from economic collapse. You don't start TWO WARS without funding them. That's what these people did. And they'll do it again, but they'll lie and tell you they're saving money. That's what Republicans do. There hasn't been a Republican in my lifetime who has cut deficits. It has not happened. Not once. Never. Why should I suddenly believe them now?
    Yes, under Republicans deficits rose but liberals have put those deficits on steroids. Why do you continue to live in the past and ignore what is going on now? You keep buying that we were headed for economic collapse so can you tell me any Obama economic prediction that has been accurate? Stop buying the rhetoric and get the facts.

    Yesterday was historic, the Obama agenda was rejected and looking deep into the votes it was worse for Obama than most actually realize. Even though the Democrats regained control of the Senate there are a lot of Senators up for re-election in 2012 that are now looking over their shoulders.

    I really am sorry for your loss, LOL, not really but had to post something positive.

Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •