Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 521

Thread: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

  1. #231
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,745

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Don't get caught in a partisan tit-for-tat argument that has nothing to do with the issues. I say the reasons for Iraq aren't justified and you say "well the democrats support wellfare?" lol. I joined this forum to be intellectually challenged by people who know how to debate. I'm becoming dissapionted.
    if someone is upset with too much spending on a constitutionally valid area of government spending, one would thinnk they would be even more upset over unconstitutional areas of government spending



  2. #232
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,403

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    That's easy to say while sitting on you couch in the comfort of your own home. The American soldiers who actually sacraficed their lives for that cost, their family members and the hundreds of thousands of civilians who've died in the crossfire would disagree with you. Its easy to support a war when you aren't sacraficing anything.
    Right, I sat in the comfort of my home waiting for the phone call that fortunately never came that one of my nephews was killed in Iraq. what is it you sacrificed? Please explain to me why the military to this day overwhelmingly supports GW Bush? So much for the will of the military!

  3. #233
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,745

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    That's easy to say while sitting on you couch in the comfort of your own home. The American soldiers who actually sacraficed their lives for that cost, their family members and the hundreds of thousands of civilians who've died in the crossfire would disagree with you. Its easy to support a war when you aren't sacraficing anything.
    just as its easy to say the rich need to pay more taxes when you aren't paying taxes.

    how do you know that I was not in the military or that none of my family members are? Your assumptions are often wrong and the last time I checked no one over there was drafted.



  4. #234
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I keep wondering since you...had no one serve that you know,
    Ahhh, now I see why we never get anywhere in our debates, you don't actually read what I post!! I'll do you a favor and quote myself from when I told you I also have family that serves. However, unlike you, I don't consider that "qualified" experience in the war on terror. I currently being educated by graduate professors in the study of homeland security. Once you go get education in these matters, let me know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    BTW I have just as much family who served. One is a West Point grad who is in Afghanistan right now. Another is in Iraq right now. The others returned home last year. I know what waiting for calls is like.
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  5. #235
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,745

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Ahhh, now I see why we never get anywhere in our debates, you don't actually read what I post!! I'll do you a favor and quote myself from when I told you I also have family that serves. However, unlike you, I don't consider that "qualified" experience in the war on terror. I currently being educated by graduate professors in the study of homeland security. Once you go get education in these matters, let me know.
    what university?



  6. #236
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,403

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    Ahhh, now I see why we never get anywhere in our debates, you don't actually read what I post!! I'll do you a favor and quote myself from when I told you I also have family that serves. However, unlike you, I don't consider that "qualified" experience in the war on terror. I currently being educated by graduate professors in the study of homeland security. Once you go get education in these matters, let me know.
    At this point 8 years later you still don't get it and never will. Reliving the reasons for going to war is a waste of time and only diverts from the problems this country has to day. It has nothing to do with the thread topic. Thank your family members for their service.

  7. #237
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    This is from a textbook that is being used in several criminal justice programs around the U.S.

    "Record shows that the use of military force is rarely successful at stopping terrorism over time, since it tends to drive existing groups even further underground, can lock a government into an unproductive tit-for-tat escalation with terrorist , and can increase international alienation against the United States. Dramatic cruise missile attacks, for example, can inflame public opinion in some third world countries (and even among some of our allies), affirming the belief that the United States takes too much unilateral action and has too much international sway. The ironic result can be an overall increase in political sympathy for the terrorist or their cause.

    In practical terms moreover, the use of military force has become more difficult because of evolutions in the threat. Terrorist groups are increasingly amorphous, more likely to use evolving information technologies and to rely less upon traditional organizational structures, thus making it much harder to find targets to attack militarily. Sometimes perpertrators come together temporarily only for the purpose of attacking a target, as was the case in the first World Trade Center bombing.

    Unfortunately however, military force is often used because it is the most immediate, demonstrable way to respond to an outrageous event. Law enforcement is the best way to build a foundation of homeland security and to develop international cooperation over time.
    "

    Terrorism: Research, Readings and Realities. Lynne L. Snowden, Bradley C. Whitsel. (2005)
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  8. #238
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    At this point 8 years later you still don't get it and never will. Reliving the reasons for going to war is a waste of time and only diverts from the problems this country has to day. It has nothing to do with the thread topic. Thank your family members for their service.
    Funny, that's the same thing my uncle says to his wife when she brings up the fact that he cheated on her 8 years ago.
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  9. #239
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what university?
    Who in their right mind would give out personal information like that on forum? I don't even want you neo-cons knowing what city I live in!!
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  10. #240
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,403

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    This is from a textbook that is being used in several criminal justice programs around the U.S.

    "Record shows that the use of military force is rarely successful at stopping terrorism over time, since it tends to drive existing groups even further underground, can lock a government into an unproductive tit-for-tat escalation with terrorist , and can increase international alienation against the United States. Dramatic cruise missile attacks, for example, can inflame public opinion in some third world countries (and even among some of our allies), affirming the belief that the United States takes too much unilateral action and has too much international sway. The ironic result can be an overall increase in political sympathy for the terrorist or their cause.

    In practical terms moreover, the use of military force has become more difficult because of evolutions in the threat. Terrorist groups are increasingly amorphous, more likely to use evolving information technologies and to rely less upon traditional organizational structures, thus making it much harder to find targets to attack militarily. Sometimes perpertrators come together temporarily only for the purpose of attacking a target, as was the case in the first World Trade Center bombing.

    Unfortunately however, military force is often used because it is the most immediate, demonstrable way to respond to an outrageous event. Law enforcement is the best way to build a foundation of homeland security and to develop international cooperation over time.
    "

    Terrorism: Research, Readings and Realities. Lynne L. Snowden, Bradley C. Whitsel. (2005)
    I will take the GW Bush leadership and defense attitude over yours or Obama's any day! Our enemies understand one thing and one thing only, strength. they do not have the same values as you or any other American and treating this like a criminal police action will get a lot of Americans killed. These terrorists are getting support from governments all over the world thus your textbook learning is out of touch with reality. Get out in the real world, get some real life experiences then get back to me.

Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •