Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 521

Thread: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

  1. #211
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There were many reasons for going to war as the resolution passed in October 2002 stated, but yes there was a WMD program in Iraq and ready to be reconstituted. More importantly was the support for terrorism and the brutal oppression of his own people. The mass graves uncovered, the physical abuse of his citizens, and the brutal rape and incest by his sons were examples of that brutal regime. Troops did find WMD but not to the level that intelligence indicated, but according to my nephew the abuses alone and the murder of his people, the threat of reconstituting that program, the support he gave terrorists was justification for removing him. Obama has taken a victory and is turning it into a defeat, JMO.
    Sorry, can't agree with you...by those criteria we should have gone after Pol Pot, we should be in North Korea, etc.
    As for being there, do you think that those of us who served in Vietnam knew what was going on? Most senior officers didn't even know. The top brass knows, or think they know, based on what the politicians tell them....
    Ask Zumwalt if he knew that Agent Orange would take his son's life...
    As for your anti-Obama statement, Iraq was never a victory, not the way we fight. Taking out their leader, their military was easy compared to the stated goal of bringing democracy to the Iraqi citizens. They don't want it enough. And the only thing they like more than killing each other, is killing infidels who dare trespass on their country...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  2. #212
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I ask you again what is your experience regarding what was going on in Iraq. Your "opinion" about Iraq comes from what you read, mine came from people that were there.
    Since when did the 9/11 commission report become my "opinion" lol. You seem to be so big on facts and government documents when you argue taxes, but when you argue war now the proper source is family members? Wow. I think I've had enough.
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  3. #213
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    OMG is this hilarious. I just read your little mantra at the bottom of your post and that sort of says it all

    a student who is studying what? Justice? LOL, and whatever school you are at needs to give you a refund based on clear bias
    I thought one of the rules of the forum was that posters had to post something that adds to the debate and weren't allowed to write one-liner condescending remarks?

    I understand you want to stick up for your fellow conservative, but I've debated with you before Turtledude and you're too smart to tie yourself up into an argument that uses family members as sources over the 9/11 commission report. As for the Jesus comment, its because Conservative considers himself a devout Christian and I've always been curious how Christians can be so pro-war. I think you already know that though. Stick to the debate instead of just talking **** and writing condescending remarks.
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  4. #214
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    The first casualty of war is truth....Gen. Sherman, I think.....
    anybody claiming to have full knowledge of what is going on in war is suffering from delusions..
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  5. #215
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There were many reasons for going to war as the resolution passed in October 2002 stated, but yes there was a WMD program in Iraq and ready to be reconstituted. More importantly was the support for terrorism and the brutal oppression of his own people. The mass graves uncovered, the physical abuse of his citizens, and the brutal rape and incest by his sons were examples of that brutal regime. Troops did find WMD but not to the level that intelligence indicated, but according to my nephew the abuses alone and the murder of his people, the threat of reconstituting that program, the support he gave terrorists was justification for removing him. Obama has taken a victory and is turning it into a defeat, JMO.
    The two main reasons in the resolution concerned WMDs and ties with Alqaeda. Government documents now state the WMD program ended in 1991 and the 9/11 commission report states that Iraq had no ties to Alqaeda prior to the U.S. invasion in 2003. As for human rights violations, the United States military is funded and staffed for the purposes of protecting our country from danger. The United States military is not an international police force that whose purpose is to go around the world and suppress regimes that conduct human rights violations. This is not what American tax dollars are to go towards, that is a form of international wellfare. I thought you conservatives were against spending money on poor people?
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

  6. #216
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Sorry, can't agree with you...by those criteria we should have gone after Pol Pot, we should be in North Korea, etc.
    As for being there, do you think that those of us who served in Vietnam knew what was going on? Most senior officers didn't even know. The top brass knows, or think they know, based on what the politicians tell them....
    Ask Zumwalt if he knew that Agent Orange would take his son's life...
    As for your anti-Obama statement, Iraq was never a victory, not the way we fight. Taking out their leader, their military was easy compared to the stated goal of bringing democracy to the Iraqi citizens. They don't want it enough. And the only thing they like more than killing each other, is killing infidels who dare trespass on their country...
    We just need to agree to disagree. I believe we did the right thing, you don't. Both positions aren't relevant today. We went into Iraq and whether or not you agree with it or disagree doesn't change that reality. We have a radical Muslim problem in the world today and it doesn't do any good to ignore it or try to appease it. Iraq was and remains part of that war whether or not they were supporting al Qaeda or not. They supported terrorism. All this is a diversion from the mess we have in D.C. today. It is all about ideology and philosophy and Obama isn't doing anything to promote the American Ideology.

  7. #217
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    The two main reasons in the resolution concerned WMDs and ties with Alqaeda. Government documents now state the WMD program ended in 1991 and the 9/11 commission report states that Iraq had no ties to Alqaeda prior to the U.S. invasion in 2003. As for human rights violations, the United States military is funded and staffed for the purposes of protecting our country from danger. The United States military is not an international police force that whose purpose is to go around the world and suppress regimes that conduct human rights violations. This is not what American tax dollars are to go towards, that is a form of international wellfare. I thought you conservatives were against spending money on poor people?
    There were 22 reasons and the Senate was controlled by the Democrats. They brought the resolution up and voted 76-23 to support it. That is fact just like the rhetoric of the Democrats that supported it. To say differently is what liberals do, try to change history.

  8. #218
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    The first casualty of war is truth....Gen. Sherman, I think.....
    anybody claiming to have full knowledge of what is going on in war is suffering from delusions..
    I prefer the experience of those that were there and the overwhelming support of the Military for GW Bush that continues today. There is always going to be disagreements in a country that was built on freedom of speech, but you always support the mission of our troops and you cannot do that by tearing down the Commander in Chief during that mission and that is what happened. Any time our troops go into battle it has to be done to win, and not fight a PC war. It is ok to debate the reasons for going to war AFTER the war is over but not before.

    There is a reason that the Democrats didn't pursue impeachment changes against Bush. Most will deny it but the Democrats didn't want their quotes supporting the war prior to Bush taking office and afterwards posted all over the country as they preferred the issue to win political points and that worked.

  9. #219
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny DooWop View Post
    I thought one of the rules of the forum was that posters had to post something that adds to the debate and weren't allowed to write one-liner condescending remarks?

    I understand you want to stick up for your fellow conservative, but I've debated with you before Turtledude and you're too smart to tie yourself up into an argument that uses family members as sources over the 9/11 commission report. As for the Jesus comment, its because Conservative considers himself a devout Christian and I've always been curious how Christians can be so pro-war. I think you already know that though. Stick to the debate instead of just talking **** and writing condescending remarks.
    The 9/11 report was specificly about 9/11, not the war in Iraq. That is where the focus was, not a war that started 1 1/2 years later. Obviously you picked and chose the parts of the 9/11 report that you believe suits your argument when the reality is the total 9/11 report vindicates GW Bush and of course we cannot have that.

  10. #220
    Student Johnny DooWop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Right
    Last Seen
    11-02-10 @ 02:28 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    290

    Re: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The 9/11 report was specificly about 9/11, not the war in Iraq. That is where the focus was, not a war that started 1 1/2 years later. Obviously you picked and chose the parts of the 9/11 report that you believe suits your argument when the reality is the total 9/11 report vindicates GW Bush and of course we cannot have that.
    Facts are your friends

    No Evidence Connecting Iraq to Al Qaeda, 9/11 Panel Says (washingtonpost.com)
    I'll keep my guns, freedom and money, you can keep the change.

    Math equation for soldiers: M+16=0 terrorist

Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •