Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 468

Thread: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

  1. #391
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,427

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It would have been about 100 billion a year less. Facts have a funny way of making you look foolish. According to the GAO 9/11 cost over a trillion dollars so we spent 100 billion a year to prevent another one. Looks like a pretty good return on that investment. By the way I had three family members serve in Iraq and all said we did the right thing. So I believe those family members and then of course I believe the Democrat Politicians on record supporting the invasion.
    You say that I look foolish and three sentences later you say this (According to the GAO 9/11 cost over a trillion dollars so we spent 100 billion a year to prevent another one. Looks like a pretty good return on that investment.) Invading a country that had nothing at all to do with 9/11 is a good investment? Bizarre.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  2. #392
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    Man you sure do throw insults around.

    For your information the FY2009 budget was three months in during President Obamas presidency.

    Whats funny is your compairing President Bush's last to years in office
    i'll save you some time and effort...don't bother with him

  3. #393
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-18-12 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not true at all, liberals love to call the TARP funding a stimulus plan but nothing could be further from the truth. Obama wants to take credit for the TARP program while then blaming Bush for an inherited deficit. Can't have it both ways although Obama continues to try.
    where have you been the last couple of years the tarp program most certainly DID start under the bush admin. and continued into obama and "hank paulson and co. - hank paulson". wake up.

  4. #394
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-18-12 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It would have been about 100 billion a year less. Facts have a funny way of making you look foolish. According to the GAO 9/11 cost over a trillion dollars so we spent 100 billion a year to prevent another one. Looks like a pretty good return on that investment. By the way I had three family members serve in Iraq and all said we did the right thing. So I believe those family members and then of course I believe the Democrat Politicians on record supporting the invasion.
    all that spent and our borders are sooo porous 16 million illegals can STILL get through "not another 9/11"? by coincidence i say.

  5. #395
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by majora$$hole View Post
    where have you been the last couple of years the tarp program most certainly DID start under the bush admin. and continued into obama and "hank paulson and co. - hank paulson". wake up.
    TARP was passed under Bush and signed under Bush, it wasn't a stimulus it was a bailout. Do you know the difference? TARP has mostly been repaid so where did the money go?

  6. #396
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    i'll save you some time and effort...don't bother with him
    Back on ignore for you, you continue to run from actual facts. Wonder what it is about liberals that won't allow them to actually debate the issues and recognize actual facts.

  7. #397
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    You say that I look foolish and three sentences later you say this (According to the GAO 9/11 cost over a trillion dollars so we spent 100 billion a year to prevent another one. Looks like a pretty good return on that investment.) Invading a country that had nothing at all to do with 9/11 is a good investment? Bizarre.
    Actually what is really bizarre is to continue to complain about something that happened over 7 years ago. It does seem that the further we get from the past the more memory loss that occurs especially with the Bush detractors. Why is it that you and others are so biased and out of touch with reality that you cannot be objective when it comes to doing research. The Senate was under the control of the Democrats in October 2002 when they voted 73-26 to authorize the action in Iraq. How did such brilliant Democrats allow Bush to dupe them so badly?

  8. #398
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Back on ignore for you, you continue to run from actual facts. Wonder what it is about liberals that won't allow them to actually debate the issues and recognize actual facts.
    lol...mornin' conservative

  9. #399
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-18-12 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    TARP was passed under Bush and signed under Bush, it wasn't a stimulus it was a bailout. Do you know the difference? TARP has mostly been repaid so where did the money go?
    exactly!!! "where did the money go?" we spend more than the rest of the world combined on defence and yet 16 million illegals can JUST walk across our border. (where did the money go?)

  10. #400
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: CNN Poll: Was Bush better president than Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by majora$$hole View Post
    exactly!!! "where did the money go?" we spend more than the rest of the world combined on defence and yet 16 million illegals can JUST walk across our border. (where did the money go?)
    TARP had nothing to do with defense, that is another issue completely although since this thread is a comparison between Bush and Obama, I don't recall Bush suing a sovereign state for defending itself like Obama did. Another reason that Bush was a better President than Obama is.

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •